F22 Raptor in the Mach loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F22 Raptor in the Mach loop

I live in the Mach-loop training area and understand that the F22 Raptor has recently started flying through the ''Machloop''.
    How can I find out when the F 22 will be flying?
    Is there a site that gives which specific Military Aircraft are flying

I know when the F 15's,Tornado's & Hawks Jets are about as I can see and hear them, also Flight Radar also show airlines flight paths avoiding mid-wales on the days that training occurs.
    Or is my best bet just to look out the window and try to identify them when there about?

i love to know how to get to mach loop from the north wales coast prestatyn colywn bay area.

as to knowing when they fly im not sure you be able to know the info unless you know some body in the MOD or RAF?

Comment

Originally posted by smudger1309 View Post
      i love to know how to get to mach loop from the north wales coast prestatyn colywn bay area.

as to knowing when they fly im not sure you be able to know the info unless you know some body in the MOD or RAF?
      Go to Bangor and catch the T2 Trawscambria and get off at the main Car park/Layby on the South side of Cader Idris or catch a train from Llandudno Junction to Blaenau Ffestiniog, catch a Bus to Dolgellau and then one to Machynlleth. Lookout for the Cross Foxes Pub as it may have Plane Spotters in it you will see them from the road if their on the Mountain. Its a steep walk but not to nearly as high as Caders summit.
      An early indication is Commercial Airliners that would usually fly straight over avoid Mid Wales during training
      Last edited by garethrob; 2016-06-08, 19:32.

Comment

you can get a bus to there also walk on to montain ?

Comment

I doubt there's any (legal) websites that publish British military training schedules but if you have an ADS-B receiver you can use Virtual Radar Server to see what mode-s traffic is in range.

Comment

Originally posted by smudger1309 View Post
            you can get a bus to there also walk on to montain ?
            Cader Idris is a very popular Mountain for walkers, you can catch a Bus to the start of the tracks, if the weathers good there will be plenty of vehicles parked in the layby, the Plane spotters will be on the ridge which is only a short steep walk. If you cannot walk then the Beer Garden of the Cross Kys might be an alternative, or walk down to Talyllyn lake.
            I would seriously consider going before this weeks out as if you do not see any Planes at least you will get good Weather.
            Last edited by garethrob; 2016-06-09, 09:37.

Comment

Working...
            X