Solar Impulse 2 HB-SIB over San Francisco Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Impulse 2 HB-SIB over San Francisco Bay Area

4/23/16. Scheduled to land at Moffett Field around 12:00 am PST.

https://www.flightradar24.com/HBSIB/981a8cf
    Attached Files

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...hlight=impulse
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It's transponder must be really low power as I can barely get a lock on it from 35 miles away at 5K alt.
      I'm within 5 miles of Moffett Field so it should get much stronger once it clears the mountains.
      It looks like it's heading in for an approach now.

Comment

Just picked up Solar Impulse 2 strong on my receiver. Looks like mode-S only and not ADS-B. Should be a T-MLAT radar source. At one point I saw T-SOLAR as the radar source. The rest of the time it was T-KSJC18 and T-KSFO1.
        Attached Files

Comment

Final approach, landing from the nw to the se opposite the normal direction for the area. Signal level over 100 and no positional data.

Edit: It looks like it's passing the runway at 675 for an approach from the SE which is the normal direction.

Edit2: Solar 2 just landed at Moffett. Watched it live on FR24 even though abc 7 local news spent the air time on commercials.
          Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-24, 06:46.

Comment

Solar Impulse 2 safely on the ground at Moffett Field. 4/23/16 11:53pm PST.
            Note the Radar ID: T-SOLAR
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-24, 07:49.

Comment

Impulse Solar 2 6/21/16 12:21 PST

Real Time update screenshot of Solar 2 on FR24.

Edit, to clarify this screenshot was taken at 12:21 am PST June 21st a few minutes ago .
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-06-21, 07:31.

Comment

Working...
              X