HELP NEEDED for dissertation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP NEEDED for dissertation

Hi, I am currently undertaking research as part of my undergraduate dissertation. For some context the topic is on plane tracking online (through any device) and I am focusing on people who, like myself, partake in this activity.

I would be EXTREMELY grateful if anyone would be willing to answer some questions I have. They are mostly regarding:
    • Why tracking planes online has become a popular past time? (i.e. if you do it, for what reason?)
    • Would you consider yourself part of a community?
    • Do you think online discussions about plane tracking can influence the aviation industry?
    • Do you feel like in some way you are going on the journey with planes you track?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

I would also like to add, if people do not consent to their comments being used in this dissertation please say! In the report, I plan to remove usernames and dates from any posts used from within this thread, unless otherwise specified. In other words, I will be using quotes from this thread but with new pseudonyms in an attempt to make your comments anonymous.

Originally posted by PlaneTrack View Post
    ...I would be EXTREMELY grateful if anyone would be willing to answer some questions I have. They are mostly regarding:
    • Why tracking planes online has become a popular past time? (i.e. if you do it, for what reason?)
    • Would you consider yourself part of a community?
    • Do you think online discussions about plane tracking can influence the aviation industry?
    • Do you feel like in some way you are going on the journey with planes you track?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!
    Hi PlaneTrack,

rather than answering your questions I could speak about my thoughts on plane tracking. But first let me try answers.

Tracking popular: At least there are two groups of interest. Obviously the technicians, willing to mount technology, namely receivers are interested. The second group is the group defeating air traffic and noise floor increase respectively. There are definitely others....
    Myself part of community: First i have to state, I have not installed any receiver yet. From the beginning, I am interested to build/raise a situation awareness tool for airfield managers of general aviation sites.
    Influence on aviation industry: Can? yes, 100%. Did, yes, emerging from the airport opponent's scene in Germany, there has been public pressure by better understanding enroute movements of planes by watching tracks. Will? I believe, all of a sudden there will arise much pressure on the commercial flight industry by rising the question: How could you loose track of that plane? Even I can watch it at home online.
    On the Journey? Not me, as I am interested in creating a virtual radar for airfield managers. This is quite the opposite in means of checking what will influence my airfield and the manager on duty, with both of them quite at home.

My thoughts and suggestions are all about the general aviation airfield's manager support in means of situation awareness yielding a tool I call today the AMVR - Airfield Manager Virtual Radar. If you like the idea, I could provide some more stuff. The stuff emerges from the observation, there are glass cockpits in air today, even glider pilots use highly sophisticated tactical flight computers wheras the ground people are stuck with a bunch of tools to do their job with few intergration level if at all. Plane tracking will become a part of the AMVR.

Greets,
    Rückwärtsflieger

Comment

Working...
    X