What Was This FedEx Plane Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was This FedEx Plane Doing?

Hey guys. So I couldn't sleep last night and so I decided to check out early morning flights on the FR24 App (as you do).

I came across this plane. As you can see from the screenshot below it was in a holding pattern for a very long time @ 14,000ft and 260~kts. It was 5am in the morning with little to no traffic in that area and it looks like the plane came from France (Charles de Gaulle Airport).

Then a while later it 'zoomed' off (presumably to the US... I went to bed so I didn't track its journey).

Does any one know what it was doing?
    Last edited by jUsT2eXy; 2015-01-30, 22:56.

According to our database that flight was flying the CDG-DUB route on that night from what I can determine (although some freight routes/callsigns have been in the past a little misleading). As it held over Royston general area for quite some time I can only assume there may have been a minor tech issue or an issue with landing at DUB, with the more likely being a minor tech issue. If it was in fact heading to the US the pilots may simply have wanted to sort out an issue before proceeding across the Atlantic. Perhaps in time if it was newsworthy we may find out more. Being in Australia, it's a little difficult to tell. Weather can play a role also in requiring aircraft to hold.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-30, 23:19.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Hey! Thanks for your insightful reply. I was thinking that they might have a technical problem and wanted to figure things out before setting off to towards their destination. I guess we may never know.

Comment

Working...
      X