Can anyone help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help please?

I'm posting this as a favour for a friend, and I have copied his original request below. If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be most grateful..

<<Can anyone help please?
    At 1645 September 30th,5 miles east of Bristol Airport,going south,a large airliner,possibly
    an A330,it was only a couple of thousand feet up.
    I have never seen anything so large and so low on that heading before,i could not believe what i
    was seeing so my reflexes did not kick in to get my camera.
    Any help appreciated.>>

I have replayed FR24 for that period and can't see anything that would fit the bill. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.

Possibly an RAF Voyager out of Brize Norton?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thank you for replying Anmer, the Voyager was a possibility we considered as it did not show up on FR24 replay.

Comment

I live between Trowbridge and Bradford-on-Avon and have seen this aircraft overhead many times en route to Brize Norton. It's an A330-243 operated by Air Tankers Ltd on behalf of the RAF. For a long time it had the (Civil) Registration G-VYGG but seems now to have acquired ZZ336 which is why it no longer seems to appear on FR24 (as few RAF aircraft do, it seems). If you Google G-VYGG you will see it and your friend can compare with what he recalls seeing!

Comment

Many thanks Mike, I'll copy your reply to my pal.

Comment

Working...
          X