Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could this be? IDENT as 4299116 - (A4CC95)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could this be? IDENT as 4299116 - (A4CC95)

I see these from time to time, on my own tracking station, and then try to look them up on the FR24 site.

Sometimes a plane will only show as say 777 on my screen, but, will show as TRS777 on the FR24 site. I am guessing that it's possible I am not receiving all the data which is why I am only seeing the 777.

But, this one has me confused. It is showing up as 4299116 both on my screen and on the FR24 site. The FR24 site shows it as American Eagle, so I tried to find an American Eagle Flight 116 & 4299 but, they didn't show anything.

So, I'm wondering just what flight I'm seeing?

Thanks in advance.

Unknown Jet.jpg

N408YX is an Embraer ERJ-170 operated as American Eagle.

US airlines are rather lax when it comes to entering the flight ID into the Flight Management System and often do not use an ICAO prefix.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
      N408YX is an Embraer ERJ-170 operated as American Eagle.

US airlines are rather lax when it comes to entering the flight ID into the Flight Management System and often do not use an ICAO prefix.
      Thanks for this, but, I was actually trying to get a little more specific than that.

I looked up that part, but, I was trying to figure out which actual flight it was, what flight number, from city, to city, etc, like you can find for many others.

I guess some of this is just impossible to find.

Comment

As I posted:

"US airlines are rather lax when it comes to entering the flight ID into the Flight Management System and often do not use an ICAO prefix."

They also tend to use the same number for different routes which doesn't help,

Comment

If you look at the Flight Numbers for the Aircraft here: http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/n408yx

It backs up what FR24support is saying, they use Flight Numbers that do not relate to anything.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Working...
          X