Dubai Air Wing Planes - Cape Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai Air Wing Planes - Cape Town

Hey, does anyone know anything about these?
    Untitled.jpg

They didn't move and just disappeared eventually.
    Last edited by Peets; 2013-02-20, 19:34. Reason: Title Icon added

Well actually the DUB14N one is still there, though moving the mouse around over it sometimes changes it to DUB14P...
    Also its altitude is given as 0. Is it just a glitch, ie there was never anything there?

Comment

Radio towers of some sort. Same around Auckland Airport, NZ
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Oh ok, thanks. That would make sense considering they are located on hills.

Comment

They are approximately in the positions of approach beacons. I have noticed that the DUB number occasionally changes.

Comment

Accepting the fact that they are radio towers or approach beacons, I'm still confused as to why they show as "Dubai Air Wing"?

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
              Accepting the fact that they are radio towers or approach beacons, I'm still confused as to why they show as "Dubai Air Wing"?
              They are not "Dubai Air Wing", the DUB Callsign is just a coincidence.
              AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                They are not "Dubai Air Wing", the DUB Callsign is just a coincidence.
                Thanks. But is that not going to be hugely confusing next time the real Dubai Air Wing are in town?

Comment

Joburg OR Tambo has two similar echoes but these show up with no Callsign. One as a dot and t'other as a smaller aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                  X