Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What camera do i need?

Hi

I want to take photographs of aeroplanes what camera would someone recommend?

Thanks

Originally posted by Tomline View Post
    Hi

I want to take photographs of aeroplanes what camera would someone recommend?

Thanks
    Hi,

Depends on two factors :
    1-How close can you get to the plane.
    2-Your budget.

If you can get "very" close to an aircraft (50 to 100 meters max) , you can use any normal digital camera.
    However, for larger distances and high quality results, you definitly need a Digital SLR camera (Canon and Nikon are the best) and a good lens with 100mm and above focal lenght (costs more than $1000).

Good luck.

Comment

Would a Olympus-SP-810UZ be okay? And what lens would i need for this camera,

Thanks

Comment

However, for larger distances and high quality results, you definitly need a Digital SLR camera (Canon and Nikon are the best) and a good lens with 100mm and above focal lenght (costs more than $1000).
        I don't think so.

A low entry Nikon D3100 DSLR camera with a 55-200mm VR AF-S lens can be bought for around 350-400 UK pounds. I should know because I've got one! My results with this camera are more than acceptable.

Comment

I have got a fujifilm finepix hs30exr my uncle knows about cameras so i hope it will be good he suggested this one hopefully going to a airport soon to try it out

Comment

Working...
          X