Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting back after a long time away

hi
    I wonder if someone could tell me what sort of handheld telescope i can buy for spotting trails as they pass over I have a pair of 10x 50 binoculars but sometimes the a/c are still pretty small i'm not looking for a set that can read the reg neccessarily but something that can give me a good view of the particular a/c
    many years ago I had a scope that was given to me that 2 control wheels on top it was about 14inches long and its zoom was somewere around 10x30x30 i think so something along those lines would be ideal but don't know where to look
    many thanks

In my experience, if you can justify the expense, the Canon IS binoculars are best. I have three pairs and the easiest to use are the 10x30. I also have 15x45 and 18x50. A high mag scope is no good. The field of view is small and the high magnification accentuates shake.

Everyone I know swears by them. The IS makes up for the magnification and the light transmission is excellent.

Go along to a dealer and try out a pair. You will be surprised at the result.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
    X