Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planespotting All Live Airport Video Webcam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    London/Oxford Airport live webcam: http://webcam.oxfordairport.co.uk/

    A 15 minute feed also available for Manchester Airport (EGCC): http://www.lobstervision.tv/# the type ATC as the username and password. It is showing the construction of the new ATC
    Last edited by Concorde; 2012-05-27, 06:45. Reason: Added Manchester cam

    Comment


    • #17
      Do You Know Any Other Live Webcams? I Take My Plane Spotting Seriously!

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi,

        Apologies for bumping a thread after 11 months but it seems to be the dedicated thread for airport webcam discussion, so I decided against starting a new one.

        I've spent a bit of time putting together a comprehensive collection of streaming or fast-refreshing airport webcams for those of us who like to do a bit of what I call 'Remote Plane Spotting' !!

        There are lots of cams out there, but many don't refresh too frequently, and the majority are for airfields and quiet airstrips. My site features direct links to the webcam pages, but also details of camera location, views, time zone differences and direct links to flight schedules, live radar for each airport courtesy of FR24 (and the astounding Playback facility for security-delayed webcams) and audio availability at LiveATC.

        Of possibly more interest to some of you, I have created a bundle of webcams which can be viewed in a simple program called Javacam, allowing automatic and reliable refreshing of webcam images, viewing of many cams simultaneously plus the option to rewind images and record into movies. The program and webcam bundle are available for free download on the site.

        I hope you will find the page, links and program useful.

        Web site:
        http://www.remoteplanespotting.com

        Regards,
        Paul

        PS: I can't believe I've only just joined this forum - I use FR24 every evening when I get back from work (and during the day, actually, but don't tell my boss!), have done for years - and even more since I made this webcam page. Thanks, guys, (and all the feeders) for revolutionizing the aviation enthusiast's world. Long may it last.
        http://airportwebcams.net - Live Airport Webcams

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi,

          Several new streaming airport cams have been added to RemotePlaneSpotting over the last couple of months, including:
          - Hamburg, Germany
          - Edmonton, Canada
          - Komatsu, Japan
          - Queenstown, New Zealand

          More streaming cams are coming soon from Germany, the US and hopefully China.
          http://www.remoteplanespotting.com

          We've also launched AirlineNewswire.com pulling the latest airline news from the press wires 24/7, with a parallel Twitter feed too:
          http://www.airlinenewswire.com/

          Paul
          http://airportwebcams.net - Live Airport Webcams

          Comment


          • #20
            RemotePlaneSpotting.com is now http://airportwebcams.net/, with more than 200 airport webcams already online, and many more hundred still to be added. Web site now includes:

            - Cams listed by various criteria: Country, Cam Speed, Type of Airport, Time Zone and A to Z.
            - Playlists (for free download): Javacam (for automatic refreshing of jpeg-based webcams) and VLC Player (a playlist of streaming and *recordable* airport webcams).
            - All types of airports covered, from International to Executive, Military, Glider Fields and Helipads.
            - Links to sites including live radar, pilot data including sectional maps, flight timetables and ATC audio.
            - Views of runways, aprons, terminals and even hangar interiors.

            We are looking for reciprocal aviation site links right now, so if you have such a site, please visit our Links page and we'll add you.

            Thanks,
            Paul
            AirportWebcams.net
            Last edited by Paulbc; 2014-01-06, 14:22.
            http://airportwebcams.net - Live Airport Webcams

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Paulbc View Post
              RemotePlaneSpotting.com is now http://airportwebcams.net/, with more than 200 airport webcams already online, and many more hundred still to be added. Web site now includes:
              I'm sorry to say but most of those airport webcams are pretty useless. They're mostly "still" cameras and don't do real time streaming.(they refresh image every minute or so)
              A good example of an interesting airport webcam, with sound no-less, is Osaka International airport. http://www.webcamhopper.com/ust/itami.html
              Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good coverage by flightradar24.
              I would be great to be able to follow flights on flightradar and simultaneously see the airport's plane movements.
              If anyone knows any airport webcams similar to the one in Osaka please let us know
              Cheers

              Correction
              My mistake, the website that I was referring to is actually "airportwebcam" without s at the end
              Last edited by seahorse; 2014-03-03, 10:23. Reason: Oops !!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                I'm sorry to say but most of those airport webcams are pretty useless. They're mostly "still" cameras and don't do real time streaming.(they refresh image every minute or so)
                A good example of an interesting airport webcam, with sound no-less, is Osaka International airport. http://www.webcamhopper.com/ust/itami.html
                Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good coverage by flightradar24.
                I would be great to be able to follow flights on flightradar and simultaneously see the airport's plane movements.
                If anyone knows any airport webcams similar to the one in Osaka please let us know
                Cheers

                Correction
                My mistake, the website that I was referring to is actually "airportwebcam" without s at the end
                airportwebcam.net seems to be more about showing google adverts than about showing webcams - I won't be going back!

                airportwebcams.net does seem to be the genuine article.
                Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-03, 11:42.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  airportwebcam.net seems to be more about showing google adverts than about showing webcams - I won't be going back!

                  airportwebcams.net does seem to be the genuine article.


                  @seahorse @peterhr Thanks for your comments, and especially for clearing up to which web site you were referring (mine is the one WITH the 's')! The sad fact is, most airports, if they have cams at all, ARE jpeg-refresh as I guess they're cheaper to run bandwidth-wise than live streaming ones are, especially given the fact that most airports get no financial return or incentive from having them at all, unless they're sponsored (like the Tokyo Narita cams are).

                  If you look at the page I'm compiling by webcam speed, about half of them are <30 seconds refresh (but I hope my auto-refresh Javacam software is making that less annoying for many users):
                  http://airportwebcams.net/airport-we...-webcam-speed/

                  There is, however, an increasing number of streaming cams at the top of that list, with many more to go online. Hopefully, more airports follow Lodz in Poland who have recently replaced their old jpeg cams with a cool new panning and streaming cam:
                  http://airportwebcams.net/?s=lodz

                  Regards,
                  Paul
                  http://airportwebcams.net/
                  http://airportwebcams.net - Live Airport Webcams

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X