Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeoDude
    replied
    Generally aircraft are moved to wherever they are needed. So yes, there's a good possibility that an aircraft that's flown out of Manchester will also have flown out of Bristol. FR24 keeps a history of all the routes that an aircraft has flown, probably worth checking there.

Leave a comment:

• Chocolatelover
    started a topic Help to understand aircraft routes

Help to understand aircraft routes

Hi, I have never flown. I suffer from debilitating mental illness - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and something called Metaphysical contamination OCD. This causes me to be absolutely unable to have anything to do with things that have even a tenuous link to my father.

For example, if my father had boarded an aircraft at some point in the past, I would be absolutely unable to even go near that aircraft, because I would feel as if it had become contaminated, and therefore it would contaminate me.

My father lives in Manchester and uses Manchester airport to fly to various parts of Europe. I live in the South West and wish to use Bristol airport in fly to Poland and Spain. So I guess I have these questions:

Is there any situation in which a plane that has been used to fly between Manchester and Europe would ever be used to fly between Bristol and Europe? (meaning there would be a chance I might board an aircraft previously boarded by my father)

Is there any situation in which a plane that has been used to fly between Manchester and Europe would ever be used to fly between Manchester and Bristol? (meaning that by going to Bristol airport, there would be a chance I might come within close proximity to an aircraft previously boarded by my father)

Do planes stick to one dedicated route and just go back and forth on that route for their entire lifespan, or do they swap and change routes? etc.

A detailed answer would be so much appreciated - knowledge on this subject may enable me to visit some of my dearest friends. Thank you.
    Last edited by Chocolatelover; 2019-12-23, 20:23.
Working...
X