No announcement yet.

Malaysian B777 MH17 crash - poss shot down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To hit a target with an engagement altitude of 33,000 feet they most likely used a Kub-M4.

The Kub, M1 and M2 have a range of 24,000 feet. The M4 introduced in the late 70's took things literally to a whole new level with a max range of 42,000 feet.
    www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

flightradar24.com vs flightaware.com

Has anyone already noticed the different flight paths of the very same MH17 on flightaware.com and flightradar24.com on the 16th of July?

It is unexplicable to me that the path displayed on flightaware.com leads way south of Donetsk, clearly overhead the Sea of Azov, while the path of flightradar24 is similar to the one of yesterday's MH17 (which crashed).

Here is a cross-fading of the paths from the two websites:

The phenomenon seems to occur for earlier flights of MH16, too. Can anyone please give me a plausible explanation for this?
      Last edited by knrdlbj; 2014-07-18, 12:19.

Comment

Green line on FA is estimated only. They have no network feeders there to confirm actual path
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Green line on FA is estimated only. They have no network feeders there to confirm actual path
          Thanks, Oblivian I did not know that!

Comment

You can see by clicking track log, where they have actual contact information.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Just watched the fr24 playback and couldn't help notice two other aircraft were flying near MAS17 when the contact was lost, SIA351 and AIC113. Perhaps the pilots/passengers saw something out the window?
              OrionOptics 12" 1200mm + Tele Vue x 2 Powermate + Canon EOS 50D

My Photo Album

Comment

Originally posted by jpro747 View Post
                Just watched the fr24 playback and couldn't help notice two other aircraft were flying near MAS17 when the contact was lost, SIA351 and AIC113. Perhaps the pilots/passengers saw something out the window?
                Seems like the playback option is currently disabled due to traffic overload... Do you have screenshots?

Comment

Originally posted by knrdlbj View Post
                  Seems like the playback option is currently disabled due to traffic overload... Do you have screenshots?
                  Hi,

I used the link in this post, but it was slow:

Originally posted by af4ex View Post
                  @SoCalBrian
                  > The last flight track.

I did a playback on that last flight track and was surprised to see flight MAS17 fly over the Russian border. The flight appears to end in Russia, between the Russian cities of Shakhty and Novocherkassk. All of the news media around here have portrayed this as a plane crash in the Ukraine. Puzzling.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4395[/ATTACH]

Edit: Mike says that this was a projected track, not actual flight data. So mystery solved. Sorry for the confusion.
                  Edit: FYI, the playback link that I was running (from SoCalBrian's post above) now points to a track that now terminates in Ukraine. My screenshot was taken from the last screen in the flight as of yesterday:
                  http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-07.../MAS17/3d6095b
                  OrionOptics 12" 1200mm + Tele Vue x 2 Powermate + Canon EOS 50D

My Photo Album

Comment

We have published a lot of screenshots, links and information on our twitter account http://twitter.com/flightradar24

Comment

Originally posted by jpro747 View Post
                      only people like we are interested to look through a window in flight. the most of people are watching entertainment videos. as well you can't see the plane flying the same route, it is before or behind you, above or below.

Comment

Enclosed is the MH17 passenger manifest for reference. (PDF File)

Source: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/mh17.html
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Good day to all. I am trying to get an FR24 radar image of MI17 at the point of its downing also showing the registrations of all other aircraft around it such as SQ and AI. How do I go about getting that? Pretty confused. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by fablee View Post
                            Good day to all. I am trying to get an FR24 radar image of MI17 at the point of its downing also showing the registrations of all other aircraft around it such as SQ and AI. How do I go about getting that? Pretty confused. Thank you.
                            Singapore Airlines got caught with their pants down - for lying that Singapore Airlines do not use Ukraine airspace.

Typical Singapore Government & Government owned Companies usually treated the public like Mushrooms.

A Mushroom is defined as: " Cover the truth from them and feed them with shits ".

But, these Evil Serpents ( Civil Servants ) are outdated and live in the "Stone-age" - they didn't know there is such thing a " www.flightradar24.com" that monitors all flights ( except military) all over the world.

SIA says sorry for insensitive social media posts linked to MH17 crash

News media reported and quoted " www.flightradar24.com " - that Singapore Airlines SQ351 was only 25 Km behind MH 17.

It was SQ 351's lucky day that it didn't get shot down instead of MH 17.

By the way, in the Singapore & Malaysia Lottery - numbers 1717, 3717 and all numbers related to 777 ( with whatever digit in front or h\behind ) are declared " embargoed numbers" - bookies refused to accept bets !

Malaysia's 4D outlets reject bets on numbers associated with MH17
                            Last edited by Birdie; 2014-07-20, 04:55.
                            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

But, these Evil Serpents ( Civil Servants ) are outdated and live in the "Stone-age" - they didn't know there is such thing a " www.flightradar24.com" that monitors all flights ( except military) all over the world.

Birdie, I like this post of yours. Hehehehehehe.........

Comment

I suspect the FR24 do receive transponder data from the military flights even though they don't share it, and could release it to the proper authorities if requested.

Comment

Working...
                                X