Malaysian B777 MH17 crash - poss shot down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Correct. This is a cruely distributed image, and is false. That was not taken before the particular flight. Also take into account timezones vs reported dates..
    "Correct." - You mean RC?
    "This is a cruely distributed image, and is false." - What do you mean by "cruely distributed"? What is exactly false?
    "That was not taken before the particular flight." - You mean that Kor Pan before boarding 9M-MRD posted a photo of 9M-MRC? Did he even notice those letters? And how would he make such photo exactly at gate G03? I tried to google this image with date filter and didn't find anything like that.

see above
    OK. This is just some joke. Not funny. Then how do you explain this? au.ibtimes.com/articles/559512/20140718/malaysia-airline-flight-mh17-cor-pan-dutch.htm#.U82D0zcYlBB

Cor Pan is believed to be a passenger of the Boeing 777 that was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur when it was apparently shot down by a missile over the Russian-Ukraine border on Thursday.
    Before he boarded the plane, though, he posted a photo of the aircraft on his Facebook account, adding a message that seems to have eerily foreshadowed what have happened.
    “This is what it looks like in case it goes down,” Pan wrote in Dutch on his social media account, presumably before getting into the plane.
    Pan might have been just joking when he wrote the message. Although it started out as a sarcastic post, perhaps as a reference to the other Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 that remains missing to this day, it turned out to be a prophetic message on the tragedy that would happen a few hours after.
    The post was shared over 12,500 times since the news of MH17’s tragedy has been reported.
    Pan’s friends also wrote tributes on his Facebook, expressing their condolences to his family.

You realise the examiner is not an actual news agency right? It's stories printed by readers. Like a wiki
    OK. Here is The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ooks-like.html
    For Cor Pan, a Dutch holidaymaker heading for Kuala Lumpur with his girlfriend Neeltje Tol, boarding a Malaysia Airlines flight was an irresistible opportunity for black humour.
    As he made his way down the sky bridge from gate G03 at Amsterdam’s Schipol Airport, he paused to take a picture of the Boeing 777-200 that he and Miss Tol were about to board.
    In a reference to the disappearance of flight MH370 in March, Mr Pan posted the picture on his Facebook page with the message: “If the plane disappears, this is what it looks like.”
    His friends responded by wishing him a good holiday and reminding him to send back lots of photographs, but within hours their messages would turn to fear, and then despair.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergej Kuznetsov View Post
      I am not a professional or "even" an amateur but I stumbled accross one strange thing concerning this tragic flight.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
      This is Kor Pan's photo on his FB page before the flight with comment:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4425[/ATTACH]
      (That's how our plane looks like in case we get lost). Alluding to the 777 vanished in march.

Note 1: I don't see the date and time when this photo was uploaded (and EXIF of the downloaded image is blank) and I don't know how to get this information but the time and date of the first comment is 17 July 2:12 (I guess PM Amsterdam time). The following comments tell that Cor Pan was on MH-17 on July 17, 2014.
      That's not the actual plane... here is the EXIF which shows that photo was taken on 2012:01:25 with an Apple device.
      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
        That's not the actual plane... here is the EXIF which shows that photo was taken on 2012:01:25 with an Apple device.
        I followed the link but didn't find anything neither about 2012 or Apple. What do I do wrong?

Comment

"Correct." - You mean RC?
          "This is a cruely distributed image, and is false." - What do you mean by "cruely distributed"? What is exactly false?
          "That was not taken before the particular flight." - You mean that Kor Pan before boarding 9M-MRD posted a photo of 9M-MRC? Did he even notice those letters? And how would he make such photo exactly at gate G03? I tried to google this image with date filter and didn't find anything like that.

OK. This is just some joke. Not funny. Then how do you explain this? au.ibtimes.com/articles/559512/20140718/malaysia-airline-flight-mh17-cor-pan-dutch.htm#.U82D0zcYlBB
          I'll break it down a little more to clarify..

All anyone knows so far, is Yes, there is a person going by that nickname on holiday doing a world trip, last seen in indonesia.
          - To date it appears it is still not confirmed if their name appears on the manifest under any other alias, or if they boarded that flight.
          Who, as a bit of a tongue in cheek joke talking about the disappearance of MH370, took a photo of *a* Malaysian 777-200 and posted it, in particular MRC - NOT the aircraft that flew the ill-fated route

Which of course the night of MH17 on a completely differently scheduled route with that aircraft (MRC) (which ran MH194 from Kuala Lumpur to Mubai)

However, despite the lack of confirmed information or correcting of the image caption to state *MH17 not pictured*. Numerous media outlets and social media sites etc are blindly picking up the image, and reposting it without clarifying the difference in aircraft, and simply stating how 'spooky' it is that someone took a picture of MH17 before the flight.. when it wasn't. Which is the cruel part about it. Making more of a story before the story is known.

So if the original poster is just currently 'off the grid' but was not manifested on it, this is going to turn out very badly due to the virality.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I followed the link but didn't find anything neither about 2012 or Apple. What do I do wrong?
            scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ] on that page...

image-data.jpg

It's clear it's not the plane however the guy did post it on his facebook page as a joke and must have got it from the web somewhere else. At the same time it shows the guy must have had second thoughts about going on this flight... sometimes people do have premonitions but ignore their feelings.
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

It would appear the CVR and FDR have been handed over to Malaysian officials and in 'good condition'
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thats the captain side

Comment

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=ht...50554154_n.jpg
                  Where exactly is the date and camera type in that image? There's nothing there either in your link or embedded in the actual image. The EXIF is commonly stripped when images are uploaded to certain hosting services.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                    Where exactly is the date and camera type in that image? There's nothing there either in your link or embedded in the actual image. The EXIF is commonly stripped when images are uploaded to certain hosting services.
                    scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ]

See the date now? 2012:01:25
                    That photo was taken or reprocessed over 2 years ago.
                    www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ] on that page...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4436[/ATTACH]

It's clear it's not the plane however the guy did post it on his facebook page as a joke and must have got it from the web somewhere else. At the same time it shows the guy must have had second thoughts about going on this flight... sometimes people do have premonitions but ignore their feelings.
                      Unfortunately that appears to just be the ICC colour profile imbedded in the image. Of which varies depending on editor, and file used. I just did the same to one of my pics from a known date (earthquake damage), but of course the colour profile says it was 2 years prior to the actual date

Comment

How many people don't know about the date settings in cameras and what setting them actually does. Most people don't bother with them.

I wouldn't attach importance to the date (or the picture for that matter)

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Unfortunately that appears to just be the ICC colour profile imbedded in the image. Of which varies depending on editor, and file used. I just did the same to one of my pics from a known date (earthquake damage), but of course the colour profile says it was 2 years prior to the actual date
                          I ran many more photo from his facebook page and they all appears to have the same date. I think it's to do with facebook. So the photo of the plane may very well be real.

www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

One more prooflink of precrash routes:
                            http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2014...ace-put-peril/
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4431[/ATTACH]
                            This data is NOT correct. MH17 did not fly a more southern route previously. People are using Flightaware data but Flightaware does NOT have coverage in this area.
                            Please use http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh17/ to get real data!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                              I think it was due to bad weather in that area on July 17. Maybe one of the reasons it went more 'north' on the 17th.
                              The other days before the 17th, the flights were more south in that area.
                              Maybe someone can find weather reports from those days you talked about.
                              It didn't take a more northern route. It took the same route as 5 out of 7 flights before.
                              The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ]

See the date now? 2012:01:25
                                That photo was taken or reprocessed over 2 years ago.
                                Thanks! I didn't notice it.

But I noticed one more thing - this plane in FB picture doesn't contain blue "one world" logo to the right of the first viewport which appeared in the end of 2013.

So this Kor Pan took an old photo and cracked a joke.

And The Telegraph and other media just saw this page and fabricated the story. Perfect!

Comment

Working...
                                X