X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tester
    replied
    Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    The flight parameters provided by an ADS-B link are real and coming directly from the aircraft's own flight management computers. The ground station receivers simply receive the data and pass it on to ATC and or the FR24 servers.
    I'm a little familiar with the technology ADS-B.
    But my question is about one point 13:21:28 490 kts 33000 ft 48.0403 38.7728, which published flightradar24.
    Please tell me she actually received by ADS-B.

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    A universal no-fly area declared in eastern Ukraine after the downing of Malaysian Air Flight 17 is a rare restriction currently shared only with North

Having re-routed away from Ukraine, Flight MH4 from Kuala Lumpur to London this week crossed Syria, Flightradar24 says — a permitted path but one avoided by several major carriers.

“You don’t find British Airways, United Airlines or Emirates flying over,” said Flightradar24’s Mikael Robertsson. “They’ve been avoiding Syria for more than a year.”

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by tester View Post
    Can you confirm the correctness of the last position 13:21:28 490 kts 33000 ft 48.0403 38.7728 taken from https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...48864/photo/1?

Its real ads-b, not data interpolated and really physically observed value receiver value?
    The flight parameters provided by an ADS-B link are real and coming directly from the aircraft's own flight management computers. The ground station receivers simply receive the data and pass it on to ATC and or the FR24 servers.

More about how ADS-B works:

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    F-UKHH1 simply indicates Kharkiv is the closest AIRPORT to the receiver location. Generally the airspace it is likely to cover. It doesn't mean thats where it is, it could be 100nm away, but cover with 300nm radius.

No, it does not effect the quality. The GPS co-ordinates come from the aicraft itself. Sent to the transponder, and broadcast to be received by the hardware on the ground.
    Can you confirm the correctness of the last position 13:21:28 490 kts 33000 ft 48.0403 38.7728 taken from https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...48864/photo/1?

Its real ads-b, not data interpolated and really physically observed value receiver value?

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    US: NO EVIDENCE OF DIRECT RUSSIAN LINK TO PLANE

Jul. 22, 2014 5:01 PM EDT

Senior U.S. intelligence officials say they have no evidence of direct Russian government involvement in the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

They say the passenger jet was likely felled by an SA-11 surface-to-air missile fired by Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine and that Russia "created the conditions" for the downing by arming the separatists.

The officials briefed reporters Tuesday under ground rules that their names not be used in discussing intelligence related to last week's air disaster, which killed 298 people.

They said they didn't know if any Russians were present at the missile launch, and they wouldn't say that the missile crew was trained in Russia.

A senior official said the most likely explanation was the plane was shot down by mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Sergej Kuznetsov
    replied
    What we have here is just a D that looks like a C because of a light reflection.
    Thanks for the info but also take a look a R it is also equally distorted and not as round as in RC on the right (in you comparative picture).
    I don't think that it is a reflection. 90% sure.

+ one more thing. Why would anyone search some old photo and upload it to FB when it is much easier to just take a picture and upload it almost in one tap? That's weird.
    Perhaps, he thought of it when he was already on board...

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    I think the photo now was really taken by Kor Pan as facebook says it's a mobile upload on July 17 near Schiphol, Netherlands. It's also the last thing he posted to his Facebook page. As for it being an RC or an RD well I took a closer look at that.

First I got a copy of what the RC and RD looked like from both aircraft.

9M-MRC

9M-MRD

Then I enlarged all 3 of the photos .... it's clear to me without a doubt that it's an RD not an RC. The real C is much more round then the D. What we have here is just a D that looks like a C because of a light reflection.

See here: http://ads-b.ca/RC-or-RD.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sergej Kuznetsov
    replied
    scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ]

See the date now? 2012:01:25
    That photo was taken or reprocessed over 2 years ago.
    Thanks! I didn't notice it.

But I noticed one more thing - this plane in FB picture doesn't contain blue "one world" logo to the right of the first viewport which appeared in the end of 2013.

So this Kor Pan took an old photo and cracked a joke.

And The Telegraph and other media just saw this page and fabricated the story. Perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    I think it was due to bad weather in that area on July 17. Maybe one of the reasons it went more 'north' on the 17th.
    The other days before the 17th, the flights were more south in that area.
    Maybe someone can find weather reports from those days you talked about.
    It didn't take a more northern route. It took the same route as 5 out of 7 flights before.
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergej Kuznetsov View Post
    One more prooflink of precrash routes:
    http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2014...ace-put-peril/
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4431[/ATTACH]
    This data is NOT correct. MH17 did not fly a more southern route previously. People are using Flightaware data but Flightaware does NOT have coverage in this area.
    Please use http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh17/ to get real data!

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Unfortunately that appears to just be the ICC colour profile imbedded in the image. Of which varies depending on editor, and file used. I just did the same to one of my pics from a known date (earthquake damage), but of course the colour profile says it was 2 years prior to the actual date
    I ran many more photo from his facebook page and they all appears to have the same date. I think it's to do with facebook. So the photo of the plane may very well be real.

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    How many people don't know about the date settings in cameras and what setting them actually does. Most people don't bother with them.

I wouldn't attach importance to the date (or the picture for that matter)

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ] on that page...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4436[/ATTACH]

It's clear it's not the plane however the guy did post it on his facebook page as a joke and must have got it from the web somewhere else. At the same time it shows the guy must have had second thoughts about going on this flight... sometimes people do have premonitions but ignore their feelings.
    Unfortunately that appears to just be the ICC colour profile imbedded in the image. Of which varies depending on editor, and file used. I just did the same to one of my pics from a known date (earthquake damage), but of course the colour profile says it was 2 years prior to the actual date

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    Where exactly is the date and camera type in that image? There's nothing there either in your link or embedded in the actual image. The EXIF is commonly stripped when images are uploaded to certain hosting services.
    scroll down and click on [ click to show profile data ]

See the date now? 2012:01:25
    That photo was taken or reprocessed over 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    That's not the actual plane... here is the EXIF which shows that photo was taken on 2012:01:25 with an Apple device.
    http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=ht...50554154_n.jpg
    Where exactly is the date and camera type in that image? There's nothing there either in your link or embedded in the actual image. The EXIF is commonly stripped when images are uploaded to certain hosting services.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X