X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by voyager10
    here is new link, same video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3cDWNXiEUI
    Kyung Lah in the CNN video made an interview with me on Skype 2 or 3 days after the crash. I think it was transmitted on CNN Domestic (USA).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Kyung Lah in the CNN video made an interview with me on Skype 2 or 3 days after the crash. I think it was transmitted on CNN Domestic (USA).
      I was reading the transcript earlier on CNN, didn't even realise that was you Mike!

KYUNG LAH, CNN NATIONAL CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): A clear early Saturday morning in Kuala Lumpur; 12:41 a.m., Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 takes off to Beijing.

MIKAEL ROBERTSSON, FLIGHTRADAR24: It was a normal departure.

LAH: Flightradar24 is watching. The app tracks planes around the world. The Boeing 777's transponder appears to be working normally. But then, about 45 minutes into the flight, the plane slows slightly and then turns from 25 to 40 degrees. Seconds later, it simply vanishes off radar.

(on camera): What do you mean by just disappeared?

ROBERTSSON: Suddenly, we stopped to receive signals from this transponder. This is something amazing. I have never seen anything like this before.

LAH: What it is like for you in this part of the world to suddenly see a plane disappear?

ROBERTSSON: It really looked suspect and -- yes, not good.

LAH (voice-over): How do you find a plane that has vanished? If Flight 370 is the needle, this is the haystack. Three dozen aircraft and 40 ships from 10 countries comb three Southeast Asian seas, and, still, three days in, not a single sign of the plane, the 227 passengers and 12 crew.

Comment

• According to Malaysian Airlines website their 777-200's in business class (35 seats) have satellite telephones. Has anyone ever used one of these? I wonder if any calls even before MH370 disappeared were made. Can this system also be turned off by the pilot from the cockpit?

We are sorry. The page you are looking for can’t be found. The page may have been deleted.

Comment

• My receiver just picked up a Malaysian aircraft (mode-S only) with hexcode 7500d2 which Google tells me is a C-130 Hercules.
          Callsign is "ALLIED 1"
          It was at FL190 and is right now descending through FL140 so I presume it is returning to RAAF Pearce from the search area.
          Waiting impatiently for MLAT to come to Perth..

edited to add: It was joined moments later by 7500d4, another Malaysian C-130
          Last edited by JinbaIttai; 2014-03-29, 03:41.
          - Matt
          T-YPPH2

Comment

• Thread cleared and user Voyager10 banned for 7 days.

Once again we keep away from speculations and conspiracy theories. Also please don't post whole articles. Quote some part and include a link to the article.

Comment

• Any news on when they are going to start using the TPL?

Comment

• Originally posted by POR911 View Post
                When the airline was first informed of the issue, maybe the confusion between the airline, government, military, airforce and Navy...some one in the airline's technical area should have realised while they had not subscribed to Boeing/ Inmarsat, BUT make an immediate urgent request for the 'ping' handshake to be accepted and maybe then the aircraft could then download the data it was trying to.
                All of the data from the engines and the entire plane goes to the manufactures, i.e. Rolls Royce and Boeing all of the time the whole set of data is collected it is never just partial. The data is vital to the manufacturers for the research of their products. Boeing has data packages they sell to the airline for maintenance scheduling. The manufacturers would have immediate access to their data and they would give it to the authorities.

From what I am reading that system was turned off or damaged and no data was being sent. The only data they seem to have is just the handshake ping. The satellite software system asking for data and not getting it back. Apparently Inmarsat did tests with flights in the area to see how the data would read. I wonder if that was on a plane that had ACARS turned on or off for the ping tests? The one thing I find odd is the "partial" ping. What are the odds that the satellite data handshake sweep actually reads the ping at the exact moment the signal stops?

Also, Boeing would have the schematics and know exactly where every single thing on that plane is. If all the "boards" were very close together it is possible a fire could have taken out all the communications systems at once. Boeing knows if that is possible they would have been looking at exactly that possibility. For safety that is something they deliberately try not to do... have every single communication system right next to one another. If at all possible one of the systems would be kept apart from the other.
                Last edited by Sea Petal; 2014-03-29, 12:51.

Comment

• Latest update from Aviation Herald.

"In the evening of Mar 29th 2014 AMSA reported that the aircraft have sighted new objects in Saturday's 252,000 square kilometer/73,400 square nautical miles search area. The Chinese ship as well as HMAS Success already operating in the new search area have recovered a number of objects, however, none of them could be confirmed to be related to MH-370."

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation
                  AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• US Navy Boeing P-8A Poseidon, RSCU74, heading out to the search zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by iazoniccc View Post
                      US Navy Boeing P-8A Poseidon, RSCU74, heading out to the search zone.
                      The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

US-Navy-P8.jpg
                      Last edited by SamPi; 2014-03-30, 02:26. Reason: image

Comment

• The hunt for the Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 continues. But how can we stop a plane going missing? New ideas are already waiting in the wings

Might be worth a read.

Comment

• Hope they find something and pick up the items from this aircraft soon. Let's get some hands touching some aircraft parts!
                          This is one of the most frustrated & complicated aircraft search I ever seen or read about.
                          Just hope Malaysia country will learn something from this event, and does much better on the next aircraft crash/incident in their area.
                          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by anterian View Post
                            Might be worth a read.
                            Good read. Thanks!

What about the idea of extending the pinger's current battery life via less frequent pings (say once every 5 or 10 seconds)?
                            Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-30, 05:58.

Comment

• The latest Inmarsat updated crash location is well within the range of Australia's OTH radar. So far I believe no official news has been revealed with regards to whether it has (or has not) tracked MH370 on the night it disappeared. I understand that the OTH can focus its range via "tiling", but wouldn't it continue its coverage (maybe on lower energy) on the other areas?

So unless the OTH was off at the time (although some articles indicated that it was "always on"), wouldn't / shouldn't it have pinpointed the crash location (if it indeed was in that general area) very early on?

And if the OTH did not register anything, how would this correlate to the latest Inmarsat-identified location?

I hope the authorities have been confidentially sharing the OTH results to help pinpoint / validate the Indian Ocean location.

Comment

• Originally posted by anterian View Post
                                Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X