This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VE6CPP
    Now.. The 'Push will be On' for any Companies that design and instal ADS-B or 'whatever their so called 'Better Solution' will be, to locating Aircraft ! And the 'only ones' looking to benefit from it, will be the CEO's and Shareholders !

Group Questions FAA’s Commitment to ADS-B Start-up
    Despite the news that air traffic surveillance group Aireon now has most of the key elements in place to create a functioning ADS-B system, the FAA has still not committed to the project for updating its oceanic air traffic management operations. And according to libertarian think-tank The Reason Foundation, the U.S. government might not view this important commitment as a priority. “In recent years, the facilities, equipment and operating costs of the FAA’s oceanic operations accounted for only a bit over one percent of the air traffic organization [ATO] total budget,” said Reason Foundation director of transportation policy Bob Poole in the group’s latest newsletter. “The FAA points out that international flights in FAA-controlled airspace are only 8.3 percent of total flights handled [according to 2011 data].” Poole argued that looking at ADS-B from a simple numbers standpoint, however, is shortsighted. “The potential near-term benefits to flights in oceanic airspace from space-based ADS-B dwarf those from ADS-B in domestic airspace. Since there is no radar coverage of oceanic airspace, ATC separation over that 70 percent of the earth’s surface is procedural, meaning huge [air traffic] buffer zones both laterally and track wise,” he said. According to Poole, the FAA’s cumbersome procurement processes, inwardly focused culture and the difficulty of convincing federal bureaucrats of the program’s ability to save the air traffic organization any money, constitute the main factors stymying ATC system progress. Aireon, a joint venture between Iridium and Nav Canada, will use spare satphone satellite capacity to carry ADS-B receivers on its constellation of 66 new satellites set to begin launching next year. ADS-B will bring radar-like ATC services to nearly all the airspace on earth.
    That's surely a discussion (though not an unreasonable one) for another time and another thread in light of Oblivian's last post alone. They still havent finished with the finding of MH370. Let's please stick to topic.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2014-03-25, 00:45.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Gregg..Yes, I guess not the Forum for that..so 'I Deleted the Post' ! Sure hope they 'find it soon'..so families can get 'the Real Closure they Need'.

Comment

• Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
        Gregg..Yes, I guess not the Forum for that..so 'I Deleted the Post' ! Sure hope they 'find it soon'..so families can get 'the Real Closure they Need'.
        Thanks and agreed re finding it mate. I also echo your sentiments re the families/friends etc.
        Last edited by fungus; 2014-03-25, 00:58.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by rauldeleon View Post
          Its strange, but everything points to this being deliberate actions, and finding the crash site to be in the southern Indian ocean points me to believe that whoever was responsible doesnt want the plane to be found or retrieved. As criminal investigators usually say, you should follow the money to find out who is behind it. Who has the most to gain. It is possible the pilots parachuted after setting this course, or maybe the course was set beforehand by someone else. One turn, is explainable as being normal, but two and to end up where it did?
          Sure, this mysterious disappearance of MH370 with NO perfect clue 'totally jiving in, yet',.....
          has given birth to all kind of diff. thoughts and possibilities,....... that any possibility can never be denied totally.

If you search 'Youtube' with the search word " Bird hitting a plane " you will see 10s of scaring real videos,
          where even a tiny bird can get the propeller into a fire, and can bring the plane down,.. ( like that, Hudson river incident )

a Bird can also break the window glass and create depressurize/fog/mist ful cabin with,... -10d temp cold and mist in,
          creating a scenario of,..as if you are standing in a mid cyclone of wind rain and pressure,.. making all the passengers fainted.
          ( You can Google image search in 'image.google.com" for the pictures of 'bird hitting a plane' and you would be amazed seeing the pictures,...- could that also be a cause of deviation from the very beginning ? - an increasing crack/pressure loss ?

Again, like a fellow put a theory of James Bond styled of skill and expertise,.... while entering into an another nation's border in a 'single ping', while flying in an another plane's shadow,...a way below,..that also holds its possibility !

and now this could also be possible, that when someone already claimed, of having seen the plane so low,.. having seen at the Strait of Malacca,..
          the questions also arises,..
          Whether the pilot parachuted jump escaped at that 22000 low feet altitude, the James Bond style??? Anything be possible !

Well,.. it Could also be a struggle of steering between pilot and the Hijackers, that one wanted to crash it at say “ KL's twin tower “
          and the other pulling it away,.. and hence you see two sharp turns,
          one at while going towards Vietnam/Beiijing
          and again, after starita of Malaaca, flying a diverting course towards the southern oceans,.... facing no country, in a No man's land,
          crashing onto a metro city population, instead ! ( Was it a struggle of "steering" between two groups? )

So many possibilities,... and so many mysteries involved here !! No ?
          Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-25, 01:41.

Comment

• Search work postponed till Wednesday - Latest Clip:

I am listening guy Dahboo here right now,..

also at the phone no.....1-401-347-0354
            Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-25, 02:23.

Comment

• I just wanted to point out something relevant to the ongoing search...
              I remember reading about a case which happened over in Portugal quite a few years ago,
              where there was a coach or a bus which fell into a river when an old bridge collapse, and they could not locate someone which had been on the coach/bus,
              within a couple of days the body made its way down the river into the sea and then the sea currents carried the body all the way north and it appeared in the North Spanish coast/beach (bay of biscay).

I know the Australians have been dropping markers to better understand the sea currents, but IMO I think is quite possible that anything floating could have been moved quite a distance from the original location each day.

There was also a story in the tv about a Japanese house from the Japanese tsunami which landed in a Canadian beach a year later... imo maybe such locations which are known to see debris from the sea, should be monitored for any signs of flight MH370...
              Last edited by delta; 2014-03-25, 03:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by voyager10 View Post

Whether the pilot parachuted jump escaped at that 22000 low feet altitude, the James Bond style??? Anything be possible !

The idea of parachuting out of a sealed airliner from 22000 ft is absurd and is sadly indicative of the way this thread is degenerating by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                  thats a crazy thing to say , flightradar24 dont ever close this thread, the plane has not been found, weve not even seen 1 dead body floating in the sea, this is far from over !!
                  Some of you guys need a reality check. Now that the Malaysian government has "called" the fate of MH370 (just to recap they have declared that it is at the bottom of the ocean with all souls lost) the search effort will rapidly diminish because it is only wreckage being looked for now. Those nations involved in the search are not going to continue to pour millions of dollars a day into looking for the wreck of a plane. Their international obligations are only to do everything possible to save human life. Soon memorial services will be held for the deceased and after that the story will slide from the papers, news bulletins and internet forums. It might not reappear for years because it may well be a long time until fresh clues appear. It matters not whether some of us don't believe that MH370 actually finished up at the bottom of the ocean - all those people on board will soon be declared legally dead and what exactly happened on that flight may never be fully resolved.

Comment

• BIG PHOTOS - CLICK ME

Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-25, 04:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                      Some of you guys need a reality check. Now that the Malaysian government has "called" the fate of MH370 (just to recap they have declared that it is at the bottom of the ocean with all souls lost) the search effort will rapidly diminish because it is only wreckage being looked for now. Those nations involved in the search are not going to continue to pour millions of dollars a day into looking for the wreck of a plane. Their international obligations are only to do everything possible to save human life. Soon memorial services will be held for the deceased and after that the story will slide from the papers, news bulletins and internet forums. It might not reappear for years because it may well be a long time until fresh clues appear. It matters not whether some of us don't believe that MH370 actually finished up at the bottom of the ocean - all those people on board will soon be declared legally dead and what exactly happened on that flight may never be fully resolved.
                      You might want to ease back on the gas with that a tad (apply the speedbrakes). I'm currently watching a RAAF briefing (from the vice head of the RAAF Air Marshal Mark Binskin) where they are discussing resuming the search for this missing aircraft. From what I'm hearing/seeing the search is a long way from over yet and efforts may yet increase.

Families of those involved are also arriving in Australia (I presume from this they mean Perth) so it would not be a good look to say to them "hooroo, we're off home now, search is over." Not done yet by a long way. The fat lady hasnt sung.

Then there's this comment today by Malaysian Airlines Group CEO;

'Malaysia Airlines Group CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the painful reality that missing flight MH370 is lost and none of the passengers survived now had to be accepted.

"After an intensive multinational search this news is clearly devastating for the families of those on board. They have waited over two weeks for even the smallest hope of news about their loved ones."

"This has been an unprecedented event requiring an unprecedented response. The investigation underway may even prove to be longer and more complex," Yahya said
                      .' This sorry saga is a long way from finished.

Regards,
                      Gregg.

In light of Mike's (absolutely correct) comment on the next page or two I thought I should add a link or two for the above quoted statements;

Last edited by fungus; 2014-03-25, 12:24. Reason: further info/links

Comment

• Interestingly, the pinger on AF 447 almost certainly did not work - either the electronics failed or it was acoustically shielded. Once the searchers assigned a low probability of the pinger functioning they found the wreckage one week latter. Of course they had a reliable recent aircraft position and they where able to plot the positions of the floating wreckage one week after the event. But the knowledge of currents etc was not good.

I do not give a high probability of the pinger working in this case either.

Comment

• Originally posted by smay69 View Post
                          What's interesting is that they were able to measure a doppler effect in the signal, that is the frequency variation in the carrier would normally wouldn't be stored as a measurement for a carrier which is relaying digital data. I guess for a satellite it must be an important piece of data to keep.
                          It would indeed be interesting to know all the details of how they performed the calculations, and what data that was used. I am looking forward to read a published paper on the topic.

I proposed the idea of Doppler analysis about 1,5 weeks ago on another forum (FlyerTalk), based on the fact that the Inmarsat satellites are equiped with phased array antennas:
                          Originally posted by Beggarman (Mar 16, 14, 10:40 pm)

Although the satellites weren't designed for positioning or tracking, it should (at least in theory) be possible to accomplish this by Doppler processing of recieved signals, much in the same way as in done in a modern AESA radar. If the Inmarsat technicians can pull the raw data from the array off the satellite they may be able to do a belated reconstruction of the transmitter position (i.e. the position MH370 was transmitting from). But I sincerely doubt it, as that data is likely not available. However, I do have a feeling that Inmarsat are sitting on more information than has been (publicly) disclosed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beggarman View Post
                            It would indeed be interesting to know all the details of how they performed the calculations, and what data that was used. I am looking forward to read a published paper on the topic.

I proposed the idea of Doppler analysis about 1,5 weeks ago on another forum (FlyerTalk), based on the fact that the Inmarsat satellites are equiped with phased array antennas:
                            Originally posted by Beggarman (Mar 16, 14, 10:40 pm)

Although the satellites weren't designed for positioning or tracking, it should (at least in theory) be possible to accomplish this by Doppler processing of recieved signals, much in the same way as in done in a modern AESA radar. If the Inmarsat technicians can pull the raw data from the array off the satellite they may be able to do a belated reconstruction of the transmitter position (i.e. the position MH370 was transmitting from). But I sincerely doubt it, as that data is likely not available. However, I do have a feeling that Inmarsat are sitting on more information than has been (publicly) disclosed.
                            Its looks like that the going this way already, maybe the know the Position longer then today. Becose in Germany the preparing already a Automatic Submarine. So the know this Info already 3 days.
                            Interesthing for me that actual the deny mostly of Facts the are before "shure and approved".
                            Map of News, Infos MH370

I think the real Storry have something to doo with Diego Garcia. Now the trying to change the Focus fare away from that Place.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X