This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
    The thing is that in a situation such as this you have to work the probabilities and go for the most likely outcome that exists at any one time. This means making decisions that, [b]when those probabilities become actualities, may appear to have been incorrect[/i]. Such is life.
    What's scary is when people make WAGs that actually do come true. They're hailed as visionaries and given control of things far beyond their actual scope of abilities.

Despite the dismal PR, I believe that the initial SAR mission was done as well as it could have been. Things began to fall apart when the initial search came up empty and some nations (India, US) balked at widening the search area, which is typically how it's done.

If this latest search area turns up anything, it will be because the involved parties have secret information that's unknown to the general public, or that they're extremely lucky. As the sun sets once again on the area where the supposed wreckage was photographed several days ago, the lack of news isn't exactly a vindication of their methods.

I have my own system. I watch the BBC show "Top Gear" here in the US. Two episodes ago they were in the Ukraine, starting in Crimea. Then Russia invaded Crimea. This week they're in Burma. If the missing plane turns up in Burma, I will officially be a genius!

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
      What's scary is when people make WAGs that actually do come true. They're hailed as visionaries and given control of things far beyond their actual scope of abilities.

Despite the dismal PR, I believe that the initial SAR mission was done as well as it could have been. Things began to fall apart when the initial search came up empty and some nations (India, US) balked at widening the search area, which is typically how it's done.

If this latest search area turns up anything, it will be because the involved parties have secret information that's unknown to the general public, or that they're extremely lucky. As the sun sets once again on the area where the supposed wreckage was photographed several days ago, the lack of news isn't exactly a vindication of their methods.

I have my own system. I watch the BBC show "Top Gear" here in the US. Two episodes ago they were in the Ukraine, starting in Crimea. Then Russia invaded Crimea. This week they're in Burma. If the missing plane turns up in Burma, I will officially be a genius!
      Ha ha. The 'Top Gear hypothesis'. It is probably better than some.

But have you considered that, if this disappearance was a terrorist operation, that the intended target was the Top Gear production team? I know that I have!
      Last edited by Exadios; 2014-03-21, 03:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        I took their timing as being overlap shuttles. To be able to keep someone searching the whole time, stagger their departures to overlap a little. Shes a looooong ride out. Over 3hrs. 2600kms from shore to only have 2hrs to search
        Could they not setup refueling support?

Comment

Ha ha. The 'Top Gear hypothesis'. It is probably better than some.
          Statistically it's equal to all other theories.

But have you considered that, if this disappearance was a terrorist operation, that the intended target was the Top Gear production team? I know that I have!
          Don't be silly, that film was shot months ago. Certainly they're home by now...
          ...Maybe someone should check the Dunsfold Aerodrome and make sure that James Bond 747 doesn't have company. IJS

Comment

• Hi every body. I am new
            My names Derek from England in the UK.
            I am no expert but when I look at the replay of flight 370 on flightradar24 I do not know if any one else has noticed but the plane goes red and all the others are yellow ,maybe that is some sort of clue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
              Could they not setup refueling support?
              I don't think the P-3 or P-8 have aerial refueling capability.

Comment

Statistically it's equal to all other theories.

Ha ha.

Don't be silly, that film was shot months ago. Certainly they're home by now...
                ...Maybe someone should check the Dunsfold Aerodrome and make sure that James Bond 747 doesn't have company. IJS
                See what you have done! A perfectly good idea shot down only because it doesn't fit the facts. Not good enough!

Of course, when Russia invaded the Crimea I immediately said that the real objective was the Top Gear team. Its very sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
                  I wasn't actually referring to anything here. CNN had a guest who stated that it might be a container. I thought it was pretty poor journalism to make such a statement without checking dimensions of a container.
                  Please refer to earlier (and other blog's if I may add) posts with regards to the reliability of CNN "news". CNN is not "reporting news".... they are creating confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAFF View Post
                    I realise that this thread is incredibly long and arduous to read, but before posting it really would be useful if anyone else comes on here and says "I am new" but has not read the whole thread, just pause before posting.

There is a lot of rubbish written in this thread, despite FR24 being one of the better places to read up on the incident (A lot better than nearly all news media who seem to sprout garbage as they are paid to produce something regardless).

Flights between KL and Beijing occur most days.

Everyone wants a conclusion and being a forum, everyone is entitled to their view, but many 'keyboard warriors' are not generally well versed in operational issues or take the time and trouble to read the site background. That is essential.

All planes can disappear off FR24, it is only as good as the info supplied and if you look into it, you will see FR24 will even provide you with kit if you live in one of the far flung places of the world that is not currently on the network. I hope they get a few meaningful offers as a result of the exceptional interest being show in the last weeks' events, but once it is off the headlines I can guess what will happen.

So planes 'falling off' FR24 occurs, even in well regulated and largely visible European airspace where online live tracking is possible. It doesn't mean they have fallen out of the sky or any of the other suggested possibilities has happened.

Totally agree... newbies (like me) please have the decency and respect (to other contributors) to read the entire thread first before posting as you may see that many of your questions would have been previously answered.

In this particular case of the 3 linked/attached FR24 images from corofin12345. Do note that the indicated airframe (9M-MRQ) is a different one from the MH370 being discussed in this thread.

Comment

See what you have done! A perfectly good idea shot down only because it doesn't fit the facts.
                      If we've learned anything from this thread, it's that it's surprisingly easy to get the facts to fit your idea.

As for the Top Gear guys, my theory is that the show's real purpose is to send secret messages to evil dictators around the world. The Ukraine episode was to tell Putin that he had a green light to invade. Mark my words, the Russians will enter Chernobyl shortly.

And the Stig is Keyser Söze.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
                        Please refer to earlier (and other blog's if I may add) posts with regards to the reliability of CNN "news". CNN is not "reporting news".... they are creating confusion.
                        Oh God...

Today CNN has been exploring the possibility that the plane was eaten by a roving black hole.

Today FOX said that the plane was flown to Pakistan. For Osama bin Laden to use.

Whatever that is, it's not news.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                          I'm repeating myself here -

they should fit all passenger planes with a trickle charged, battery powered, gps pinger - inaccessible while in flight - that once every 5 minutes or so sends a signal to satellite to say where the plane is, it's height and speed.

This doesn't take the place of ADS-B which would be much more precise but would have been a huge aid here and would be useful to oceanic ATC

By all means encrypt the signal.

The device could be one size fits all Boeing, Aibus, Embrar etc.

In addition, add a device in each aircraft that could withstand crashes (via protective case?) and would float (absolutely) to the surface to emit locating signals in case of landing/crashing on water. This floating device would complement the FDR pinger which I understand from earlier posts of this thread to transmit far on land but not under deep water.

Comment

• Why not just put ejection seats in every plane? That way everyone lives.

Comment

Oh God...

Today CNN has been exploring the possibility that the plane was eaten by a roving black hole.

Today FOX said that the plane was flown to Pakistan. For Osama bin Laden to use.

Whatever that is, it's not news.
                              I wonder what the National Enquirer has to say about this.....

Comment

Why not just put ejection seats in every plane? That way everyone lives.
                                Not it they land in the southern Indian Ocean with the great whites sharks!

Comment

Working...
                                X