This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
    It's very late here in Australia and my nurse has already suggested (in very strong terms) that it's time I was turning in for the night but I felt compelled to respond to your post. I hence apologise for any slight inaccuracies but I think you'll find on going over the latest posts regarding this incident that those posts were referring to a briefing held by AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) and perhaps other just as reliable sources, not any "TV experts" from so-called news reports. There was no 'speculation' in his post that I could see, if it is indeed the post you were referring to.. It may have been handy to actually reference it. From what I can find there was only the one post refering to the 24 metre piece of ... 'whatever it turns out to be'..............

Regards,
    Gregg

I wasn't actually referring to anything here. CNN had a guest who stated that it might be a container. I thought it was pretty poor journalism to make such a statement without checking dimensions of a container.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
      I wasn't actually referring to anything here. CNN had a guest who stated that it might be a container. I thought it was pretty poor journalism to make such a statement without checking dimensions of a container.
      Thanks for clarifying that. It wasnt very clear.

Regards,
      Gregg
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by corofin12345 View Post
        hello, new to this and was doing some searching on flightrader.. just wondering can anyone tell me why a sister plane to the one thats missing also went off rader aprox 24 hours later..?? "not too up on these things so forgive me".... below is the plane in question, have 3 stills of it.. reg is 9M-MRQ, also flight MH370

just curious really, watched this plane take off from kuala lumpur then it just goes off radar..???
        ... or rather there is no nearby FR24 receiver / feeder receiving and uploading the details to FR24 HQ.

On the missing flight it has been established that the signal stopped because the transmitter was switched off.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
          ... or rather there is no nearby FR24 receiver / feeder receiving and uploading the details to FR24 HQ.

On the missing flight it has been established that the signal stopped because the transmitter was switched off.
          cheers, thanks for that.. would explain it alright

Comment

• The last word from AMSA (and me) for the night;

Search operation for Malaysian airlines aircraft: Update 7
            Search operations in the Southern Indian Ocean for the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft have been completed for the day in the Australian Search and Rescue Region.
            Four aircraft were tasked by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority on Thursday to a 23,000 square kilometre area about 2500 kilometres south-west of Perth.
            This followed the receipt of satellite data imagery from the Australian Geospatial Intelligence Organisation on Thursday morning.
            The imagery, on analysis by AGO, identified two objects possibly related to the missing aircraft.
            The images were captured on March 16..Due to the volume of imagery being searched, and the detailed process of analysis that followed, the information was brought to the attention of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority on Thursday morning.
            The images have been assessed as being credible but it is possible they do not relate to the search.
            The four aircraft involved in Thursday’s search covered an area of 23000 square kilometres.
            Two Royal Australia Air Force AP-3C Orions, a US Navy P8 Poseidon, and a Royal New Zealand Air ForceP-3K2 Orion were utilised, along with an RAAF C-130J Hercules aircraft.
            A merchant ship arrived in the search area on Thursday evening. Another merchant ship is en route to the area.
            A total of six merchant ships have assisted in the search since a shipping broadcast was issued on Monday night.
            The Royal Australian Navy ship HMAS Success is also en route to the search area.
            The search will continue on Friday.
            E: media@amsa.gov.au
            Images, maps, videos and other media materials can be found at www.amsa.gov.au

.... tomorrow is another day. Hooroo to all.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by corofin12345 View Post
              hello, new to this .???
              I realise that this thread is incredibly long and arduous to read, but before posting it really would be useful if anyone else comes on here and says "I am new" but has not read the whole thread, just pause before posting.

There is a lot of rubbish written in this thread, despite FR24 being one of the better places to read up on the incident (A lot better than nearly all news media who seem to sprout garbage as they are paid to produce something regardless).

Flights between KL and Beijing occur most days.

Everyone wants a conclusion and being a forum, everyone is entitled to their view, but many 'keyboard warriors' are not generally well versed in operational issues or take the time and trouble to read the site background. That is essential.

All planes can disappear off FR24, it is only as good as the info supplied and if you look into it, you will see FR24 will even provide you with kit if you live in one of the far flung places of the world that is not currently on the network. I hope they get a few meaningful offers as a result of the exceptional interest being show in the last weeks' events, but once it is off the headlines I can guess what will happen.

So planes 'falling off' FR24 occurs, even in well regulated and largely visible European airspace where online live tracking is possible. It doesn't mean they have fallen out of the sky or any of the other suggested possibilities has happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
                pretty poor journalism to make such a statement without checking dimensions of a container.
                In fact, good incisive and knowledgeable about their subject, journalists, are almost as rare as hens teeth.

Comment

• With all these expert assumptions, theories, and evidence coming out supporting one conclusion...all mixed together with other expert or non-expert assumptions,theories and evidence coming out supporting some opposite conclusion...there again seems to be multiple perceptions or misconceptions of exactly what happen or could have happened to MH370...causing the usual great confusion.

In other words the chief experts basically disagree on:
                  -was the 777's change of course done deliberately by someone with bad intent, or was it done deliberately by someone with good intent, trying to save the plane from some mishap, but later physically unable to do more, therefore the plane ended up flying by itself on AP?

Somewhere in the midst of all this confusion, eventually our searches will most likely find the true answer, though I think afterwards we will see that the answer was there before, we just missed it.

FX. If strong verifiable evidence suggests the 777 flew (presumably at 30,000 feet for 7 or more hours until fuel ran out) along a northern or southern arc, that would seem to suggest the role of the AP, and not someone trying various maneuvers to elude radar and land the plan.

So which scenario is it?...deliberately done with bad intent for evil purposes or deliberately done with good intent to try and save lives?

Or was it a combination of both? Was there a struggle in the cockpit for control of the 777, as a result communications were shut down
                  but then 777's electronic and oxygen systems became damaged, and people were quickly overcome by poisonous smoke, subsequently both sides failed to accomplish their mission...for good or for bad.

Although I might add, that if the 777 plane with 239 people on board eventually crashed, or perhaps was sacrificed, that unfortunate end in itself would still directly result in the total failure of someones greater evil plan, BY completely preventing the later use of the 777 as a missile with WMD which could inevitably destroy many more lives. There are many ways to look at this GIANT puzzle.
                  Last edited by mcjensen; 2014-03-20, 16:50.

Comment

• i thought MAS has expires flight no. MH370/MAS370 on 14th March (and the flight path to PEK does not go thru Vietnam)….
                    this might be a mistake because the tail no. should be 9M-MRO and not 9M-MRJ, but the flight path just doesn’t look correct …..
                    there should be no flight to PEK during this time.
                    maybe the backup plane (9M-MRJ) was being sent for repair somewhere???
                    If we look between 15:50 hrs till ~ 16:10 hrs TODAY (Malaysia Local Time), this flight appear in ‘PlaneFinder’ (try PLAYBACK)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ninjabest; 2014-03-20, 14:44.

Comment

• Not a red herring, but maybe a blue whale and calf?

Last edited by oriondt; 2014-03-20, 14:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninjabest View Post
                        If we look between 15:50 hrs till ~ 16:10 hrs TODAY, this flight appear in ‘PlaneFinder’ (try PLAYBACK)
                        What time zone are you working on?

Comment

i thought MAS has expires flight no. MH370/MAS370 on 14th March (and the flight path to PEK does not go thru Vietnam)….
                          this might be a mistake because the tail no. should be 9M-MRO and not 9M-MRJ, but the flight path just doesn’t look correct …..
                          there should be no flight to PEK during this time.
                          maybe the backup plane (9M-MRJ) was being sent for repair somewhere???
                          If we look between 15:50 hrs till ~ 16:10 hrs TODAY, this flight appear in ‘PlaneFinder’ (try PLAYBACK)
                          Looks like an error to me. Right now 14:40 UTC 9M-MRJ is showing flight # MAS150/NH150 and is being seen at that site happily cruising over the UAE at 38,000 on its way to JED.

Added: Here at Flightradar24 a search for 9M-MRJ reveals and unusually "blank" schedule page:-
                          Code:
                          2014-03-20
                          	MH370	Kuala Lumpur (KUL)		-	-	-	Scheduled
                          Last edited by MartH; 2014-03-20, 14:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by cretanrunner View Post
                            What time zone are you working on?
                            Sorry….I’m from malaysia, so i guess by default the site ‘planefinder.net’ just assume HRS according to Malaysian (Kuala Lumpur) time
                            Last edited by ninjabest; 2014-03-20, 14:47.

Comment

Sorry….I’m from malaysia, so i guess by default the site ‘planefinder.net’ just assume HRS according to Malaysian (Kuala Lumpur) time
                              Welcome ninjabest,

MAS150 / 9M-MRJ on http://flightradar.com

Screenshot - 200314 - 14:49:45.png

My best guess is that the other tracking site does not have up to date database? but we need somebody more awake than me to confirm or dispute that idea.
                              Last edited by MartH; 2014-03-20, 14:57.

Comment

• thanx for the warmth welcoming~
                                sorry… maybe a false alarm (no up to date database like you mention)….
                                anyway, somewhere in the middle of the flight, it shows the plane is going to PEK, a few minutes after attached screenshot.
                                still couldn’t agree they still use MAS370 (maybe this error only in PlaneFinder)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ninjabest; 2014-03-20, 15:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X