Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its time to say, "You're doing a hell of a job Hishammuddin Hussein".

#pleaseforgivemyKatrinamoment

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
      Could you also remove the new thread he started with a duplicate copy of this post, otherwise things will just get messier.
      I had already dealt to it (was dealing to it as spam given the number of times its been bantered around the planet on different things) as the one was posted here. I very much doubt we will hear from it again. Almost like the traditional paid like farms/post farms who join/post like we see and deal to each day
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The Australians have been searching around Cocos Islands. I suspect that they have contacted Inmarsat and received some antenna elevation precision and accuracy data and decided to search a reciprocal track from the last known transponder position. They may also received the antenna data from the interval.

Also, in response to some extra NTSB antenna data both the Australians and the US have just started searching a large area south and west of Australia. This area is also roughly on a reciprocal track from the last good position.

I'm guessing that neither the Australians or the US is giving much credence to the Malaysian Air Force's tracking data.

My hypothesis is that, in response to some on board problem, the crew turn the plane back to land it in Malaysia. However they overflew and ran out of fuel in the Indian Ocean.

Comment

• Have there been any reports as to the earlier hourly satellite pings? Inmarsat must have released it to the Malaysians. Details of those "arcs" would help determine if the plane flew in circles, a zig zag course or in a straight line. Do not understand why the Malaysians are so secretive when so many other countries are involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
            'Experts' have been saying a lot of thinks - most of which they have later retracted. I have seen no evidence of "8 key strokes".
            Unless you are directly involved with the investigation, I doubt if you will ever "see evidence of 8 key strokes" (even if they do really exist).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
              Unless you are directly involved with the investigation, I doubt if you will ever "see evidence of 8 key strokes" (even if they do really exist).
              Oh? And why not?

In any case the question is has anybody seen the evidence. I think not because I doubt it exists.

Comment

• HI,
                I've heard such a version for what had happened: 20 people on board were from freescale.com and allegedly the company has patented some technology of making aircraft invisible for radars. And the mentioned patent was actually received 4 days after MH-370 disappeared. Freescale is owned by Blackstone Group, and Blackstone Group allegedly was involved in some business with Twins of NY... What would you say? Does it make any sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
                  Have there been any reports as to the earlier hourly satellite pings? Inmarsat must have released it to the Malaysians. Details of those "arcs" would help determine if the plane flew in circles, a zig zag course or in a straight line. Do not understand why the Malaysians are so secretive when so many other countries are involved.
                  Here is a good simple explanation of the aircraft systems and these "pings":

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...ngs-tim-farrar

Comment

• Originally posted by julian View Post
                    HI,
                    I've heard such a version for what had happened: 20 people on board were from freescale.com and allegedly the company has patented some technology of making aircraft invisible for radars. And the mentioned patent was actually received 4 days after MH-370 disappeared. Freescale is owned by Blackstone Group, and Blackstone Group allegedly was involved in some business with Twins of NY... What would you say? Does it make any sense?
                    Highly unlikely. Snopes is your friend: http://www.snopes.com/politics/consp...ysiapatent.asp

HTH.

Comment

• Originally posted by julian View Post
                      HI,
                      Yep, that's been kicked around too. Interesting they also had a press release 3rd March regarding their 'New Product'.

Mangosteens?? 3-4 Tonne? OK....if they say so...

...and then there's this... http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/cat...lout-continue/

Anything's possible at this point in time.

Comment

• On an aside but related matter, given the various nationalities of passengers on MH370, and given that investigations led by the Malaysian government to date (10+ days) has yet to come out with anything concrete, why hasn't any of the involved nations publicly insisted on having a more expert / adequate organisation to take over the leadership of the investigations? Why haven't countries like China or Australia yelled at Malaysia to do a better job?!?

I know that yelling publicly doesn't help the situation, but they seem to be so subdued on this..... there are 230+ lives at stake here!

Or is this as best a job as can be (irrelevant of who is leading the investigations)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
                          On an aside but related matter, given the various nationalities of passengers on MH370, and given that investigations led by the Malaysian government to date (10+ days) has yet to come out with anything concrete, why hasn't any of the involved nations publicly insisted on having a more expert / adequate organisation to take over the leadership of the investigations? Why haven't countries like China or Australia yelled at Malaysia to do a better job?!?

I know that yelling publicly doesn't help the situation, but they seem to be so subdued on this..... there are 230+ lives at stake here!

Or is this as best a job as can be (irrelevant of who is leading the investigations)?
                          They have raised the issue. The NTSB is now in Malaysia. And the southern search is being managed by Australia.

I think that it is a matter of fact that there are zero lives at stake. The people on the plane are dead.

Comment

• Interesting what the professional airline guys are saying about the issue...http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sa...7-missing.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
                              They have raised the issue. The NTSB is now in Malaysia. And the southern search is being managed by Australia.

I think that it is a matter of fact that there are zero lives at stake. The people on the plane are dead.
                              There is no way anyone can say that with any degree of certainty whatsoever given the fact that the last known satellite correspondence (or ping) was one hour after the aircraft's endurance expiry. That is to say that the fuel that MH370 was given before it departed KL had ran out, yet 60 minutes later it was clearly still powered up, ready, able and willing to provide satellite communication. This can certainly NOT be demonstrated from an aircraft at the bottom of the ocean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                                ive searched over 2500 sections on tomnod.com for mh370 how many have you searched ?
                                loads around 9000 just incase I guess I was wondering though, as a complete novice how would I know what type of plane it was when I come across one? there is one I have marked off but I don't know where the map is from. (it is in the middle of trees so I thought it may be in trouble or caught in the frame and it's actually just flying over hehe) I was wondering how I would know what plane it was? and where I am on the map? I will add the image in case anyone knows what plane it is

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/...014/map/655013

I've been following the whole thread but never posted

I don't think the link works arm I tried to screen shot it Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 14.06.44.png
                                Last edited by cloud; 2014-03-18, 14:10. Reason: added another image

Comment

Working...
                                X