X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartH View Post
    No, i hadn't seen it, genc, thank you!

That theory has been touched upon in this thread. The author (Keith L) is no stranger to FR24. He seems to have some useful data and presents it well (IMHO).
    Brilliant deduction by Mr. Ledgerwood. http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68

Comment

• Well it seems like its been awhile since terrorists or lone wolfs have come up with something new...they seem to key in on loopholes in the tight security systems,
      loopholes even security experts haven't thought of, or prepared for yet...such is the nature of their work.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNHunter View Post
        And intercepting fighters will not shoot it down because they will think it is a civil aircraft full of people.
        I have thought that from the beginning..
        They could even refit the plane with a new transponder and call sign, change the planes logo, put dummies in the seats, and let her fly to her target...

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
          No, we can't determine failure without examining the hardware. All it takes is a turn of a knob to put the transponders into standby mode. All it takes to not transmit voice is to not press any transmit buttons. There's absolutely nothing right now that can differentiate between failure and disuse.

And the latest news that not only confirms that the plane's satcom radio was on, but the ACARS unit too means a lot! Even if all other radios failed, the pilots could place a phone call using the satcom radio. Whomever was in charge of the plane was deliberately trying to evade contact with the rest of the world. Someone on that plane did something they weren't supposed to do. 100% certainty it's a hijacking.
          What makes you think that anybody was in charge of the plane?

Comment

• Who posted about the flight with callsign GLEX circling and then flying off? Was anything more said/discovered about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cookstar95 View Post
              Who posted about the flight with callsign GLEX circling and then flying off? Was anything more said/discovered about it?
              Someone more knowledgeable than myself confirmed GLEX is the code for an aircraft type, not a callsign. It's apparently a RAF surveillance plane while routinely flies over a volatile area of Afghanistan.

Comment

• INMARSAT (approx) position http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26503141 (Please forgive 'Auntie' Beeb for her poor understanding of the tech stuff, she is over 90 years old...) But that picture at the top confirms my earlier guess that the satellite was located at the centre of the tracking arc. Geo-stationary? It even seems to show some correction for the effect of flat maps Mercator compared to the earth's actual globe. (I should probably go buy a globe, I checked one once to clarify why aircraft from the UK appear to head North-East initially when travelling to Florida USA!

_73631595_malaysian_airliner_search_v1_976map.gif
                Last edited by MartH; 2014-03-17, 22:10. Reason: added pic and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Cookstar95 View Post
                  Who posted about the flight with callsign GLEX circling and then flying off? Was anything more said/discovered about it?
                  No and no.

Just to clairfy here, Any private aircraft registration who is part of one of the many lists of official requests to not disclose ownership information of, has their callsign replaced with the model of the aircraft. There is nothing sinister behind this related to this event unfolding. You will find multiples of these in the air at once, none are related to each other. It's just a display name.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by MartH View Post
                    INMARSAT Geo-stationary?
                    They surely are indeed.

Today we own and operate three constellations of 10 satellites flying in geostationary orbit 35,786km (22,236 miles) above the Earth
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      No and no.

Just to clairfy here, Any private aircraft registration who is part of one of the many lists of official requests to not disclose ownership information of, has their callsign replaced with the model of the aircraft. There is nothing sinister behind this related to this event unfolding. You will find multiples of these in the air at once, none are related to each other. It's just a display name.
                      I see, thank you for clearing that up! I feel like such a novice in here..

Comment

• I have a question about the radar shadow theorie! mh370 sitting behind the plane!
                        I was wondering, if the pilot in front of mh370 doesnt have his own radar onboard, and was spotting that plane behind him?

possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flybywire View Post
                          Someone more knowledgeable than myself confirmed GLEX is the code for an aircraft type, not a callsign. It's apparently a RAF surveillance plane while routinely flies over a volatile area of Afghanistan.
                          Thought it would be something like this considering its in the vicinity of Kandahar airbase. Thank you for sharing that with me!

Comment

• Originally posted by julian View Post
                            Hi,
                            it is just absolutely astounded that "2 or 3 airports in China reported that the aircraft has landed at their airport." Where did you find that? Wouldn't you mind if I kindly ask you to send any link about the reports? The story is SO unbelievable and it is getting more so day by day
                            Sure..
                            It was on day 1 or 2 of the start. And as many of us have pointed out it's a case of don't beleive what you read, or continue to pass the information on until verified

It appears their source was twitter, and that chinese media jumped on it and falsely reported without actually looking into it.

Adding to the confusion, the official mentioned a rumour that the Chinese government has already denied - that the aircraft had landed in the southern Chinese city of Nanning.

"There has been speculation that the aircraft has landed in Nanning. We are working to verify the authenticity of the report of others," the official said.

Some Chinese media reported that he meant a place in Vietnam called Nanming. It was unclear exactly what he was talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                              when you see a large plane at night it has a number of flashing lights on it , how do you turn these off and what are they all for ? surely even if all lights were off someone would have heard it flying low over land
                              I remember reading there were a couple of reports of a low flying aircraft over Malaysia not long after MH370 disappeared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                                when you see a large plane at night it has a number of flashing lights on it , how do you turn these off and what are they all for ? surely even if all lights were off someone would have heard it flying low over land
                                Again, you would have to have a bit of knowledge. Some functions like these have integrated failsafes. The lights themselves (sometimes Blue/red) denote similar to ships, port and starboard. So you can tell if you are approaching, or going away from each other air-to-air

As for switching off.. they could be a matter of a switch on the console, or they could be always on, connected to another system such as the landing lights, cockpit light sensors.

For instance reverse cowlings on engines.. there is a microswitch in the gear that tends to prevent them being deployed mid-air for various reasons. So where some systems are independant, some rely on other factors

Comment

Working...
                                X