This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robear View Post
    I am watching a flight of a 757 norwind air from pakistan looks like its heading to Kabul, afganistan. It has no call sign and it left from the desert in southern pakistan no airfield i can see just desert how precise is flightradar on location?
    its actually gone past kabul and heading for mazari sharif
    Aircraft with no Callsign is not uncommon on Flightradar24, check this list near the bottom and you will see them.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by longpig_yum View Post
      Just did a little exercise regarding online streaming of black box data.
      4000 data points will compress to 288K an hour

This compressed data is so small I see no excuse for bandwidth to live stream
      as much data as you want.
      You need to multiply with the maximum number of airplanes within the coverage of a satellite, to calculate the needed satellite bandwidth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
        The last time I saw those height finders was in the 1980s in the ME. Are you sure you were not looking at photos of a museum?
        No, I was looking at live TV coverage on NBC. It is what it is.

The article would explain why the plane was not picked up. As I said before the idea that anybody could think that an aircraft doing 500 knots with its transponder off was somebody else's problem in the post 9/11 world astounds me. Did these people not get the memo?
        As I mentioned before, a Muslim state is not very likely to have much cause to be afraid of Muslim extremists attacking them, for reasons that should be obvious. And if the Reuters article is correct, that lax attitude is the norm for the region regardless of religious affiliation. The sad thing is that we notice that the region is at peace, and think that something is wrong with that!

Phased array radars can track a number of targets simultaneously. The transmitter beam switches very rapidly.
        The operative words being "targets" and "beam". That's precisely what you want when engaging a known enemy (bandits) in a fire fight, but not very useful when it comes to searching 360 degrees of sky at all altitudes for possible intruders. That's also the main difference between fire control radar and surveillance radar.

And once again the question is why would the Malaysian military arm its missiles against an airliner? An airliner flying with their own flag on the tail? The only reason to turn on fire control radar is to get ready to fire a missile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
          No, I was looking at live TV coverage on NBC. It is what it is.

As I mentioned before, a Muslim state is not very likely to have much cause to be afraid of Muslim extremists attacking them, for reasons that should be obvious. And if the Reuters article is correct, that lax attitude is the norm for the region regardless of religious affiliation. The sad thing is that we notice that the region is at peace, and think that something is wrong with that!

The operative words being "targets" and "beam". That's precisely what you want when engaging a known enemy (bandits) in a fire fight, but not very useful when it comes to searching 360 degrees of sky at all altitudes for possible intruders. That's also the main difference between fire control radar and surveillance radar.

And once again the question is why would the Malaysian military arm its missiles against an airliner? An airliner flying with their own flag on the tail? The only reason to turn on fire control radar is to get ready to fire a missile.
          You must be kidding? Muslim extremist will not attack a Muslim country? Where have you been hiding?

I don't think you understand how phased array radars work. The operate in search and track modes. For all intensive purposes these two modes are coincidental in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshwe View Post
            Has anyone been able to see the unidentified 777 near the Himalayas that someone mentioned like 10 pages back?
            If that was me, it may have been the Tuesday 11th GMT, so probably a red herring. Can you tell me how to look at the Playback, so I can try to find it again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
              Did Malaysian Airlines 370 disappear using SIA68 (another 777)?
              http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ar-using-sia68 more fuel on the fire...
              Actually the flight at 2:15am local time at Waypoint IGREX is SIA322. SIA68 is still a distance away.
              SIA322 is a A380 plane, big enough for MH370 hide in its shadow.

Ahead of SIA322 was MAS20, another A380 plane. It is about 45mins ahead. Maybe this is the plane MH370 intended to follow but arrive at waypoint IGREX too late. Maybe this is actually the plan. If cannot catch MAS20, there will be another SIA322 to follow. And both are A380 planes.
              Last edited by khkksn; 2014-03-17, 12:02. Reason: corrected information

Comment

• Interesting information about cell phones from The Guardian News Blog- 11:12AM GMT
                MH370: FBI and Interpol involved in search since plane went missing - live

IT expert Paul Thompson has responded to the continuing speculation that mobile phone signals on board the missing plane could have been picked up.

Thompson, who works on IT policy for the Lib Dems but is commenting in a personal capacity, says the chances of any data getting through would be extremely slim.

In response questions raised by reader Michael Rhodes (see earlier), he writes:

The communication devices would have to connect to a cell tower. Although it’s possible for mobile signals to connect at medium to high altitudes (up to 15,000 ft I believe) this would be extremely patchy and tests have shown that anyone trying to connect above 2000 feet would have a very very difficult time doing so. Also, when someone is making a call while travelling they may go past several cell phone towers with each tower handing the caller onto the next, however at airliner speeds of 400mph it may be far too fast for this process to happen.
                There would have to be a GSM tower for them to connect to. We know that much of the aircraft’s path was over water where no signal would have been possible (a tower has a range of about 35km), however even when it hit land the coverage may have been patchy. Say the aircraft went due north from its last position to Burma where GSM coverage is sporadic at best (rollout only started in 2008), it would have been very lucky to catch a signal from a tower regardless of height or speed.
                We would have to know IMEI numbers for all the passengers mobile devices - this would need to be collected from each of their respective countries, as this would enable us to uniquely identify the device as being from one of the passengers - I doubt this has been done yet.
                Say a mobile did manage to connect to a GSM tower for a split second, enough for the tower to register their IMEI number, that data would have to be collected and made available to us. We are talking about several developing countries with a very wide range of mobile operators, all with varying policies and laws (if any) governing the collection of mobile data. Would that data have been saved and not overwritten after 7 days? If so, it is saved in a central database? Is that database searchable? A mobile company would only pay to build this capability if it had to.
                Has anyone asked each of the mobile operators for all of the countries MH370 could have flown over to see if any of the passengers IMEI data was recorded? The search so far has been a bit of a farce, it wouldn’t surprise me if someone hadn’t yet started this mammoth task as it only became clear in the past few days that MH370 was hijacked somehow.
                So in short, we really shouldn’t speculate on the lack of mobile data - but investigating it may be a worthwhile avenue to pursue.

Comment

• Originally posted by putnik View Post
                  If that was me, it may have been the Tuesday 11th GMT, so probably a red herring. Can you tell me how to look at the Playback, so I can try to find it again?
                  Sorry I'm a complete novice with this so I wouldn't know, if you knew the time you might be able to go back to that time and have a look.

Comment

• Originally posted by khkksn View Post
                    Actually the flight at 2:15am local time at Waypoint IGREX is SIA322. SIA68 is still a distance away.
                    SIA322 is a A380 plane, big enough for MH370 hide in its shadow.

Ahead of SIA322 was MAS20, another A380 plane. It is about 45mins ahead. Maybe this is the plane MH370 intended to follow but arrive at waypoint IGREX too late. Maybe this is actually the plan. If cannot catch MAS20, there will be another SIA322 to follow. And both are A380 planes.

SIA68 few minuts before MH370 disappeared from radar:
                    http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03.../SIA68/2d8217c

Comment

• Maybe all conspiracy theories made us blind - maybe it was something less complicated. This article is written by pilot
                      Last edited by moof; 2014-03-17, 12:11. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by moof View Post
                        Maybe all conspiracy theories made us blind - maybe it was something less complicated. This article is written by pilot
                        If it was a fire you want to get it on the ground as soon as possible, Langkawi is about 220 nautical miles away whereas Sultan Mahmud Airport with an 11,000 foot runway is about 100 nautical miles away

Comment

• Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines “Capture” By US Navy

I have been reading this thread here and also looking at some other websites. I found the quality of the discussions in this thread to be high so I wanted to add something I found online.

While I don't know what happened either, I did find a story that seems to make some sense to me, but I am no expert in any of this so I wanted to ask you experts what to make of this story.

Source: http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1753.htm

March 14, 2014

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines “Capture” By US Navy
                          By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) experts remain “puzzled” as to why the United States Navy “captured and then diverted” a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll.

According to this report, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (also marketed as China Southern Airlines flight 748 through a codeshare) was a scheduled passenger flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China, when on 8 March this Boeing 777-200ER aircraft “disappeared” in flight with 227 passengers on board from 15 countries, most of whom were Chinese, and 12 crew members.

Interesting to note, this report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama.

What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

Both Kennedy and Reynolds, this report says, were employed by the Virginia Beach, Virginia-based maritime security firm The Trident Group which was founded by US Navy Special Operations Personnel (SEAL’s) and Senior US Naval Surface Warfare Officers and has long been known by the GRU to protect vital transfers of both atomic and biological materials throughout the world.

Upon GRU “assests” confirming that this “highly suspicious” cargo was aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 on 8 March, this report notes, Moscow notified China’s Ministry of State Security (MSS) of their concerns and received “assurances” that “all measures” would be taken as to ascertain what was being kept so hidden when this aircraft entered into their airspace.

However, this report says, and as yet for still unknown reasons, the MSS was preparing to divert Flight 370 from its scheduled destination of Beijing to Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) located in Hainan Province (aka Hainan Island).

Prior to entering the People Liberation Army (PLA) protected zones of the South China Sea known as the Spratly Islands, this report continues, Flight 370 “significantly deviated” from its flight course and was tracked by VKO satellites and radar flying into the Indian Ocean region and completing its nearly 3,447 kilometer (2,142 miles) flight to Diego Garcia.

Critical to note about Flight 370’s flight deviation, GRU experts in this report say, was that it occurred during the same time period that all of the Spratly Island mobile phone communications operated by China Mobile were being jammed.

China Mobile, it should be noted, extended phone coverage in the Spratly Islands in 2011 so that PLA soldiers stationed on the islands, fishermen, and merchant vessels within the area would be able to use mobile services, and can also provide assistance during storms and sea rescues.

As to how the US Navy was able to divert Flight 370 to its Diego Garcia base, this report says, appears to have been accomplished remotely as this Boeing 777-200ER aircraft is equipped with a fly-by-wire (FBW) system that replaces the conventional manual flight controls of an aircraft with an electronic interface allowing it to be controlled like any drone-type aircraft.

However, this report notes, though this aircraft can be controlled remotely, the same cannot be said of its communication systems which can only be shut down manually; and in the case of Flight 370, its data reporting system was shut down at 1:07 a.m., followed by its transponder (which transmits location and altitude) which was shut down at 1:21 a.m.

What remains “perplexing” about this incident, GRU analysts in this report say, are why the American mainstream media outlets have yet to demand from the Obama regime the radar plots and satellite images of the Indian Ocean and South China Sea regions as the US military covers this entire area from Diego Garcia like no other seas in the world due to its vital shipping and air lanes.

Most sadly, this report concludes, the US is actually able to conceal the reason(s) for the “disappearance” of Flight 370 as they have already done so after the events of 11 September 2001 when the then Bush regime “disappeared” American Airlines Flight 77 and its 64 passengers and crew after falsely claiming it hit the Pentagon, but which was confirmed by the CNN News Service [see video HERE] not to have happened.

Note: Additional articles to read explaining the Crisis In Ukraine include: Putin In “Fury” After Saudis Brand Obama Regime Terrorist Organization, Russia Warns Of American Deaths As Ukraine Crisis Spirals Out Of Control, Putin Orders Largest Air Defense Drill In History As War Fears Accelerate, Putin Orders Russian Troops And Ministries To Atomic Shelters Over NATO Threat Of War, 800,000 Ukrainian Refugees Flood Into Russia As Nazi Forces Continue Eastern March, Putin Sends Feared Shock Troops, Division Into Ukraine, Warns Obama Is “Unstable”, Putin Orders Military Alert To Defend Ukraine Against Western-Backed Fascists, Ukrainian Mob Call To “Kill All Jews” Horrifies Russia, Putin Orders Troops To Crimea Passes, Warns NATO Of War, Russian Threat Of War Over Ukraine Stuns Obama Regime, US In “Shock And Turmoil” After Snowden Info Lets Russia Tap Top Obama Officials

March 14, 2014 © EU and US all rights reserved. Permission to use this report in its entirety is granted under the condition it is linked back to its original source at WhatDoesItMean.Com. Freebase content licensed under CC-BY and GFDL.
                          The Malaysian Government denies this story as follows:

Missing MH370: Plane did not land at Diego Garcia US military base, says Hisham

SEPANG: Claims that the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) MH370 aircraft landed at the United States military base Diego Garcia located in the Indian Ocean have been refuted.

Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein told a press conference Sunday that there was also no ransom sought by any party, to date.

"No, there has not. And that makes it very difficult for us to verify whether it was hijacked or an act of terrorism. We are looking into all possibilities. We do not take anything for granted," he said. - Bernama
                          Just one of many ideas out there.

More info on this story can be found at the following links:
                          It has now become fairly evident that the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing is not accidental. In fact, there is a strong possibility that the flight was commandeered to the US military base at Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. A bizarre "extraordinary rendition"?

As far as I could find, nobody here has been discussing Diego Garcia at all so I thought it was at least worth a mention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackflash View Post
                            If it was a fire you want to get it on the ground as soon as possible, Langkawi is about 220 nautical miles away whereas Sultan Mahmud Airport with an 11,000 foot runway is about 100 nautical miles away
                            You noticed that too? Looks like lots of of half-baked theories, but little grounding in reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by moof View Post
                              Maybe all conspiracy theories made us blind - maybe it was something less complicated. This article is written by pilot
                              Possible. But ACARS had been off for about 15 minutes before the last voice transmission from the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by flightsherlock View Post
                                I have been reading this thread here and also looking at some other websites. I found the quality of the discussions in this thread to be high so I wanted to add something I found online.

While I don't know what happened either, I did find a story that seems to make some sense to me, but I am no expert in any of this so I wanted to ask you experts what to make of this story.

Source: http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1753.htm
                                A search on google reveals Sorcha Faal to be an internet hoax queen who's real name is probably David Booth

Comment

Working...
                                X