Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And i hope that some competent organisations are investigating the backgrounds of the passengers (instead of just pilot and crew), and content of cargo as well.

Comment

• They should first find the plane, then make assumptions what happend. behavior of officials is horrible!
      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by LocalHero View Post
        OK guys, been doing my own private detective bit! Have been playing back 7th March in FR24. There's a Global Challenger 6000 flying very high in a continuous circle over Afghanistan. Callsign GLEX. It continues to circle from around 15:00 to around 23:00 - 8 hours just circling! Just after 23:00 it stops circling and heads south. Shortly afterwards it goes out of range and disappears from view.

By looking at the progress of FIN82 (SIN-HEL), you can see that at 18:00 it would have been very near to where it is thought MH370 would have been if it had taken a north-westerly route. At 23:00, FIN82 is very nearby GLEX. You can therefore assume that the invisible MH370 would also be nearby if it took the same route.

My theory is (and I'm no expert!) is that GLEX switched off all transponders etc as MH370 intercepted it, and MH370 took over its "identity" and continued to fly on and land at some remote airport. To ATC, it would appear as GLEX and not raise any suspicions. The Challenger could fly off and land at a small airfield somewhere without anyone noticing.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it does seem to link up nicely.

GLEX at 15:00: http://fr24.com/2014-03-07/15:12/48x/GLEX/2d7ea29
        FIN82 at 18:00: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03.../FIN82/2d80a98
        GLEX at 23:00 (with FIN82 to the northeast): http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...x/GLEX/2d7ea29

Great Job!

Comment

• Can anybody explain... why black box save all the important data within it and after any incident like this we have to wait until we can search and explore it... now since technology is so advance then why black box can not pass all the data in it's ground facility in real time?and if any incident happen authority has to check its data server only....why this technology still they don't adopt?

Comment

• Originally posted by LocalHero View Post
            OK guys, been doing my own private detective bit! Have been playing back 7th March in FR24. There's a Global Challenger 6000 flying very high in a continuous circle over Afghanistan. Callsign GLEX. It continues to circle from around 15:00 to around 23:00 - 8 hours just circling! Just after 23:00 it stops circling and heads south. Shortly afterwards it goes out of range and disappears from view.

By looking at the progress of FIN82 (SIN-HEL), you can see that at 18:00 it would have been very near to where it is thought MH370 would have been if it had taken a north-westerly route. At 23:00, FIN82 is very nearby GLEX. You can therefore assume that the invisible MH370 would also be nearby if it took the same route.

My theory is (and I'm no expert!) is that GLEX switched off all transponders etc as MH370 intercepted it, and MH370 took over its "identity" and continued to fly on and land at some remote airport. To ATC, it would appear as GLEX and not raise any suspicions. The Challenger could fly off and land at a small airfield somewhere without anyone noticing.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it does seem to link up nicely.

GLEX at 15:00: http://fr24.com/2014-03-07/15:12/48x/GLEX/2d7ea29

FIN82 at 18:00: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03.../FIN82/2d80a98
            GLEX at 23:00 (with FIN82 to the northeast): http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...x/GLEX/2d7ea29
            GLEX is mot a call sign. It is an aircraft type.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhavlobhuro View Post
              Can anybody explain... why black box save all the important data within it and after any incident like this we have to wait until we can search and explore it... now since technology is so advance then why black box can not pass all the data in it's ground facility in real time?and if any incident happen authority has to check its data server only....why this technology still they don't adopt?
              If you multiply the required BW per aircraft and multiply that by the number of aircraft in the air you will have your answer. But, in any case, ACARS is a low bandwidth blackbox transmitting maintenance orientated variables - and that was turned off. So why you think that your idea is any solution I do not know.

Comment

• So what about GLEX? see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raytheon_Sentinel

So this surveillance airplane circling above "Al Qaeda territory" is sending out messages like
                Now I'm here, no, now I'm here, no no I'm here now Shoot me, oops I'm here now shoot me SHOOT me
                I just can't believe that a military airplane would use ads-b and continuously send out it's own position.
                The more I read about all this, the more I'm baffled
                We live in huge secured world with even huger security loopholes...

Comment

• What about the possibility of this being a case of hijacking by hacking? Could it be possible that the different flight instruments including communications be manipulated to make the pilots think they were somewhere they weren't needing to make course corrections that they didn't and communicating with impostors? Perhaps their equipment had been tampered with ob the ground, pre-programmed by someone who had been planning it for years, and knew the moment between malaysian and vietnamese controlled airspace was the time to act. It would be extremely elaborate, but I just can't see from the pilot's bio's that they were involved, and if there were a hijacking it would have involved quite a few people - it should be obvious from the manifest.

Comment

• @MW123 see http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...g-mobile-phone

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Petal View Post
                      This is a link to the list of airfields in Kazakhstan. Spooky.... these are the kinds of questions that were being asked two years ago...

"Does anyone know if there are NDB's, VOR's, ILS's or communication radio frequencies associated with Krayniy? I would like to compile as much complete information about this airport as possible so that I can create a scenery package for X-Plane. Other information that would be useful: Runway approach lighting type, and runway edge lights. Also, I have seen references to an ICAO code of UAOL for this airport. Can this be verified?"
                      My map shows no NDB's, VOR's for Krayniy. If anyone is using that runway it'll be VFR only... you better be a damn good pilot if you want to land there... LOL!!!!
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Anybody who has been able to track down this re-enactment flight?

Visit New Straits Times Online for the latest, breaking news on politics, business, sports and entertainment from Malaysia and around the world. Join us today!

Cheers.

Comment

• "And he clarified that a re-enactment of the MH370’s flight path was not done in an actual Boeing 777-200 but was done in a flight simulator." -> http://www.news.com.au/world/search-...-1226856425445

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
                            No. Each ADS-B transmits a unique aircraft 'frame code' which cannot be changed.
                            Does than mean that the callsign can be changed, but not the registration number which the ADS-B transponder transmit?

Comment

• TCAS on mh370

I have heard about this missing plane for some time and have a question regarding TCAS, if TCAS was left on it could aid the hijackers in ya know not hitting other planes, but if other planes were in its path wouldn't those planes TCAS log that a MH370 is in proximity or would it just log as an unknown plane? just wondering cos if thats a possibility then it could be used to get a good idea of where the plane was heading and possibly where it is. i fly on fsx occasionly not on a regular basis but occasionally i have little knowledge regarding TCAS but if any off you guys have any info on this subject i would be happy to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by paf View Post
                                Does than mean that the callsign can be changed, but not the registration number which the ADS-B transponder transmit?
                                With regard to transponders of the 'Mode S' type (i.e. all transponders on airline craft):

Each air frame is assign a 24 bit ICAO code that stays with the frame for the life of the craft. Every Mode S and ADS-B packet includes this code which uniquely identifies to (purported) originating frame. On the ground databases may be used to map this ICAO code to a current civil registration. This code is set into the transponder during manufacture or certain maintenance procedures. It is not accessible to the flight crew.

In certain Mode S and ADS-B packets their is a 'Aircraft ID' field. This can be set by the flight crew. The value of this field is usually set to the flight code (e.g. MS318) or the civil registration otherwise. If this is changed in flight it might cause some real time confusion but cannot cause problems for any post event analysis which will go back to the ICAO code.
                                Last edited by Exadios; 2014-03-16, 15:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X