Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the unidentified aircraft seen on the Malaysian military radar is MH370 and it continued on for another 3-4 hours on the same heading that would put it somewhere around the Maldives

Comment

• Military Satellites.? Hmmm. I feel a conspiracy theory coming.
      Where do I get my info from. What info. There is no info.
      Like I said, It's COMMON SENSE. ! Based on the whole of aviation history It seems to me that when planes have disappeared they tend to have crashed. Planes that crash tend do do so for a reason. Like a MAJOR problem.
      The fact they cant find it, means they cant see it. You see, common sense. Little pieces are harder to see than big pieces. What makes a plane into little pieces. Um, big BOOM. 4-5 hours toward the indian ocean. ? What it just did a sharp left hand turn and took off in the wrong direction without a single passenger noticing. They have MOBILE PHONES. They would have called someone. Why aren't any news agency harping on about all the air worthiness directives issued to these planes. Because investigative reporters don't exist anymore. Why are they still harping about turning the transponder off. Unless it was a catastrophic failure that incapacitated everyone in a few seconds, there would be videos of their experience all over youtube.

Comment

• Originally posted by longpig_yum View Post
        Military Satellites.? Hmmm. I feel a conspiracy theory coming.
        Like I said, It's COMMON SENSE. ! Based on the whole of aviation history It seems to me that when planes have disappeared they tend to have crashed. Planes that crash tend do do so for a reason. Like a MAJOR problem.
        The fact they cant find it, means they cant see it. You see, common sense. Little pieces are harder to see than big pieces. What makes a plane into little pieces. Um, big BOOM. 4-5 hours toward the indian ocean. ? What it just did a sharp left hand turn and took off in the wrong direction without a single passenger noticing. They have MOBILE PHONES. They would have called someone. Why aren't any news agency harping on about all the air worthiness directives issued to these planes. Because investigative reporters don't exist anymore. Why are they still harping about turning the transponder off. Unless it was a catastrophic failure that incapacitated everyone in a few seconds, there would be videos of their experience all over youtube.

I don't think cell phones would help. Since I personally never attempted to make a cell phone call from an airplane (as they require all cell phones to be shut off when flying) over an ocean or at a really high altitude before, I could be wrong, but cell phones use ground based towers to transmit signals. If the plane is high enough, I doubt that it would be in range of any cell towers. And there are no cell towers in the ocean as far as I know.

The new report is saying that the 2 systems were shut off at different times. If there was an explosion, especially as devastating as you are assuming, I don't see how they would not go off at the same time.

I am not trying to say there was or was not a major failure or explosion as you say, however I don't think it is as common sense as you say, knowing what little info and clues we have now. It is all pretty much assumption at this point. But what would you have them do? Just say it exploded and they'll never find it and just give up the search? Every reasonable lead should be investigated.
        Last edited by jrich52804; 2014-03-14, 04:42.

Comment

Military Satellites.? Hmmm. I feel a conspiracy theory coming.
          If the plane had blown up, beacons on the plane would have activated. It is now known the plane was intact for 4-5 hours after it disappeared -> http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...g-sources-say/ http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/w...-1226854085211
          Maybe it did make a left turn without the passengers noticing, they were probably busy eating their meal or watching a movie.
          Mobile phones do not have infinite range
          The transponder was switched off more than 10 minutes after the data reporting system was switched off

Comment

• I've been following this plane disaster since it happened - and i struggle to believe how incompetent entire nations can be, surely it can't be this hard to track a plane while flying, and find it when its lost. Terrorists would be loving this fiasco as it'd prove that it can be quite easy to make a plane appear lost...

What I really struggle to get is - why did no one immediately do something as soon as the plane turned around.... if it did turn around according to some sources...

I think we're going to see a overhaul of radar and communications as a result of this...

Comment

• How do the engines transmit acars signals? They must be independant of the other systems that were shut down. However, since those were transmitting, you would assume that if possible, a message could have also been sent out on the acars system, as I read that it is a sort of text messaging system. Also, would this mean that the transmitting antenna on the plane would need to be intact on the plane for the signal to be sent? If that is the case, it seems as if the systems on the plane were operational, yet intentionally deactivated and not used.

Comment

• Most of the information that has been released in the last several days has been proven to be incorrect, including the ACARS transmissions for 4 hours.

Please read this article as it will give you a more accurate picture of what's going on.
                Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Dear all, my first post. Had to share this link:

Comment

• I found this quite interresting , to be honest!!!

here is the photo http://images.says.com/uploads/story...thumb_e852.jpg

apparently this cnn reporter is gay http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/06/22...park-incident/

i did wickipedia research, and apparently homosexuality is forbidden in malaysia!!!!

could there be any connection? or is ist just my fantasy???

Comment

• Originally posted by elheisenberg View Post
                      I found this quite interresting , to be honest!!!

here is the photo http://images.says.com/uploads/story...thumb_e852.jpg

apparently this cnn reporter is gay http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/06/22...park-incident/

i did wickipedia research, and apparently homosexuality is forbidden in malaysia!!!!

could there be any connection? or is ist just my fantasy???
                      I was watching CNN for most of the night yesterday including Richard Quest's segment and at no point did he mention that he was with him last month. Of all the news anchors in the world, and all the co-pilots in all the world....How bizarre.

Comment

• Originally posted by iazoniccc View Post
                        I was watching CNN for most of the night yesterday including Richard Quest's segment and at no point did he mention that he was with him last month. Of all the news anchors in the world, and all the co-pilots in all the world....How bizarre.
                        pretty messed up isnt it? i just thought as authoroties also question the pilots, could it be the co pilot got trouble for being with him etc etc etc
                        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-14, 09:57. Reason: Word edit, no profanities please.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                          Most of the information that has been released in the last several days has been proven to be incorrect, including the ACARS transmissions for 4 hours.

Please read this article as it will give you a more accurate picture of what's going on.
                          http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Thankyou speedbird1960 again for the avherald articule which provides a good and clear summary of the events to date.

Out of curiosity, can experts please help educate us joe blows on the protocol regarding who has responsibility (and/or ownership) of officially leading, coordinating and communicating the investigative / search efforts of such incidents PRIOR to the aircraft location being determined (afterwhich the ICAO protocols would take over)? Would it be Malaysian Airlines? or Malaysian governing officials?

So far it seems to me (I only get official info of the events via local / international news) that the search/investigative efforts have been poorly coordinated (each party seems to be doing their own thing instead of working together), and the public announcements on this incident a fiasco! I cannot believe an international incident of this magnitude and publicity can have such poor "recovery management and control"!

BTW, did I miss anything in the news or do Senior Executives of Malaysian Airlines seem to be hiding from the hot seat (news announcements seem to be only from Malaysian Ministers)?

Comment

• C'mon guys....there's such a thing as looking outside the box....then there's.......whatever story you want! Let's keep this forum on the edge of 'extreme possibilities', yet not throw it into totally shambles.
                            My theory still stands....this is a ghost flight! ...or...hijacking to an undisclosed destination......though favoring Ghost flight. I don't give a rat's arse about AD's.......If it's possible then, so be it!

Comment

• Please watch this , it's interesting!!!

Comment

What's happened to common sense.
                                If God himself had appeared on the plane and torn it asunder, people would have found a way to take a photo of him
                                and send a text. If the plane was hijacked , someone would have got a message off.
                                The fact that it lost ALL communication suddenly, indicates major problem. If the comms did go off in a staggered fashion, that could be fire or break up. Doesn't mean anyone turned it off on purpose. The fact that they haven't found any wreckage sadly means that there is nothing big enough to find. An explosion and breakup at 35,000 feet at around 500 MPH would be so destructive, it's beyond comprehension.

no offense but at 35000 ft you don't get much cell reception, especially in that part of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X