This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I don't think we will be able to get more data than this.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n85w9rvfqxpwza/mh370.PNG
    The data shows a Squawk Code out of limits! Octal numbers are 0000-7777.

Has someone tampered with the code column Mike?
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

There are some 0 yes, but I don't want to speculate where they come from. It could just be bad signal.
      But there were several receivers simultaneously tracking the plane. Do their data coincide?
      Though I remember you mention you save only one receiver data to your database which has the most up-to-date information at each given moment of time. Right or not?

Comment

I was more thinking in the direction of interruption off power supply, not the production of electrical power.
        I'm just saying, suppose they had a short circuit then all the batteries and RAT want help them, I wonder if they even would be able to steer the plane?
        Is the 777 not a fly by wire? Just a question, planes equipped with fly by wire, do they have some mechanical backup to steer?
        I know I'm way off track and I'm sure modern planes must have plenty of redundant systems so a short circuit want bring it down.
        But honestly, if you watch Aircraft disaster on National Geographic, you sometimes wonder how silly little things can bring these mighty sophisticated planes down
        Cheers

Comment

There are some 0 yes, but I don't want to speculate where they come from. It could just be bad signal.
          thanks for clarifying. that is fine, not wanting to speculate.

Too many speculations going on. We could keep on speculating, but really, let's just wait and see what unfolds. and I am still very sad about this...
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-09, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
            thanks for clarifying. that is fine, not wanting to speculate.

Too many speculations going on. WE could keep on speculating, but really, let's just wait and see what unfolds.
            This is not a speculation I think. This is just raw data, nothing more. We are not discussing if this is correct or incorrect and why.
            I don't see anything bad in publishing all data available.

Comment

Originally posted by nzradar View Post
              The data shows a Squawk Code out of limits! Octal numbers are 0000-7777.

Has someone tampered with the code column Mike?
              I'm just pulling the data from DB. Not sure about the structure and format. Could be some other format. For example the flight ID 2d81a27 on http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh370#2d81a27 is the same as Flight ID 47716903 in the picture.

Comment

People, remember FR24 doesn't attempt to just track this flight, they attempt to track all flights worldwide - that is a lot of data.

The data is not tracked for incident investigation -though it can be useful for that.

I'm just wondering if the feeder software at the receivers/listeners could be updated to keep a rotating log of all data uploaded in the last 24 hours - that could be pulled (by FR24 HQ) following an incident. It wouldn't help at this time but who knows about the future. (might mean opening a TCP transaction from the receiver to HQ periodically to see if a bulk download is required)
                Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-09, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DimK View Post
                  But there were several receivers simultaneously tracking the plane. Do their data coincide?
                  Though I remember you mention you save only one receiver data to your database which has the most up-to-date information at each given moment of time. Right or not?
                  That is correct, but we also sometimes save data for error checking both on server and on receivers (decoded and non decoded) to go back and analyze errors. Sometimes some data can be found in different log files as well.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                    I'm just wondering if the feeder software at the receivers/listeners could be updated to keep a rotating log of all data uploaded in the last 24 hours - that could be pulled (by FR24 HQ) following an incident. It wouldn't help at this time but who knows about the future. (might mean opening a TCP transaction from the receiver to HQ periodically to see if a bulk download is required)
                    Not sure if possible, but this is for sure something we will discuss tomorrow at the office. We are already saving some data on some receivers for error checking, but I'm not sure about data volumes and limits.

Comment

Not sure if possible, but this is for sure something we will discuss tomorrow at the office. We are already saving some data on some receivers for error checking, but I'm not sure about data volumes and limits.
                      I find it really frustrating the authorities did not seem to have the information your system does. The Debris field co-ordinates spotted by someone on a commercial flight match with the RF24 data. Just astounding they don't have access to this. Your system is awesome.... BRAVO.... seems like it should be marketed and sold to the airlines.
                      Last edited by Sea Petal; 2014-03-09, 13:14.

Comment

Airlines,even airports often use FR24 services
                        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                          Airlines,even airports often use FR24 services
                          Do you have a system for reporting a sudden loss of data? I read that because there are not enough reporting stations this gets challenging. But a simple email system to someone in charge of that plane... at the airline or airport could save valuable time and even lives. Even if they are not a client as long as they are willing to receive and check on it just in case. It would also be an excellent lead generating service for sales. It has been awhile since I worked in the airline software industry but I thought they had this technology but maybe only airlines with lots of money.

15 years ago we were working on using RF with our software to send data for the Maintenance anywhere the airline needed it.
                          Last edited by Sea Petal; 2014-03-09, 13:48.

Comment

Interesting to note reports are saying there were 20 people from Freescale Semiconductor onboard. They work in RF Power and RF Low Power. Quite a "coincidence" that they work in RF for commercial aerospace solutions.

NXP is a global semiconductor company creating solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world.

Have you guys ever worked with them?
                            Last edited by Sea Petal; 2014-03-09, 13:54.

Comment

We normally save data once per minute on cruising altitude. Now we have checked all databases and logs and have manage to reproduce some extra data that was not available first, so we have more or less 2 points per minute for the last minutes. I don't think we will be able to get more data than this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n85w9rvfqxpwza/mh370.PNG
                              This could be useful to authorities, as the coordinates appear newer than those given by Malaysia Airlines (advanced to update "Sunday, March 09, 02:43 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - 8th Media Statement", currently appearing on page 5).

Comparison: Malaysia Airlines | Yours.
                              Last edited by xlynx; 2014-03-09, 16:08. Reason: typo

Comment

Based on the flight tracker of MH370, it's kind of odd that the airplane to the southeast goes 4-5x faster than a regular aircraft moving up northeast. It's either there is something wrong with the tracking system or that is the speed of a missle. Also there are coordinates that are shown as flight MH370 went down to 0 altitude. They should use those coordinates to go straight there and search the radius of the area. If they don't find one thing, that seems very very sketchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X