• leedrich
    replied
    and the Ocean Shield is still at the naval base 2.25pm perth time

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenneth View Post
    Welcome back, voyager10!
    Its ok Jenneth, you are not the only one who has spotted him , we have his card marked.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-30, 20:56.

Leave a comment:

• Jenneth
    replied
    Originally posted by sputnik
    ( Read more, below )
    https://www.facebook.com/MissingMalaysiaAirlines ( allow 2 min. to open )
    Welcome back, voyager10!

Leave a comment:

• bisnaga33
    replied
    as I can see or find the planes in Flightradar24 declaring emergency or problems on the plane in flight

Leave a comment:

• manman
    replied
    Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    The ability to track the Aircraft by ADS-B was disabled, along with other the communications equipment onboard the Aircraft after about one hour from departure.
    Thank you
    i knew he was spouting 'bull' but its hard to argue if you don't know anything about it yourself .

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by manman View Post
    As someone who doesn't know 'jack' about planes :s. Could someone explain to me why the plane wasn't tracked with GPS and or radar?
    And would it have broke down into thousands of pieces thus shouldn't it be found by now??

thanks!

(PS these questions are based on the question a conspiracy theorist asked me. He thinks the plane is on an island called Diego Garcia )
    The ability to track the Aircraft by ADS-B was disabled, along with other the communications equipment onboard the Aircraft after about one hour from departure.

The Aircraft was said to have been tracked over Malaysia with Military Radar for about one hour.

As for GPS tracking, we on this Forum would like it to be mandated so that all Commercial Aircraft have it fitted and the crew have no possibility to switch it off.

We don't do conspiracy theories here and as far as i know Diego Garcia has been ruled out.

For the facts without theories i recommend you read this: http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Latest update from Aviation Herald

"On Mar 30th 2014 AMSA reported that an emergency signal received from a fishing vessel about 3300km/1780nm southwest of Perth needed to be addressed, two aircraft thought to participate in the search for MH-370 were tasked to respond to the fishing vessel - as only debris was located at the point of the signal, the search for the vessel is going to continue on Mar 31st. The remaining 9 aircraft and now 8 ships continued to scan the northern search area west of Perth, aircraft reported new sightings. The objects retrieved from the ocean yesterday have been described as "fishing equipment and other floatsam" unrelated to MH-370."

Leave a comment:

• manman
    replied
    As someone who doesn't know 'jack' about planes :s. Could someone explain to me why the plane wasn't tracked with GPS and or radar?
    And would it have broke down into thousands of pieces thus shouldn't it be found by now??

thanks!

(PS these questions are based on the question a conspiracy theorist asked me. He thinks the plane is on an island called Diego Garcia )
    Last edited by manman; 2014-03-30, 15:50. Reason: Word removed

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    Angus Houston to head search efforts for MH370

Tony Abbott (Australian Prime Minister) has announced that former head of Australia's defence force Angus Houston will head the search efforts for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370;

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/storystre...-efforts-mh370
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-3...-mh370/5354588

Leave a comment:

• anterian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
    The latest Inmarsat updated crash location is well within the range of Australia's OTH radar. So far I believe no official news has been revealed with regards to whether it has (or has not) tracked MH370 on the night it disappeared. I understand that the OTH can focus its range via "tiling", but wouldn't it continue its coverage (maybe on lower energy) on the other areas?

So unless the OTH was off at the time (although some articles indicated that it was "always on"), wouldn't / shouldn't it have pinpointed the crash location (if it indeed was in that general area) very early on?

And if the OTH did not register anything, how would this correlate to the latest Inmarsat-identified location?

I hope the authorities have been confidentially sharing the OTH results to help pinpoint / validate the Indian Ocean location.
    According to Wicki The JORN is so sensitive it is able to track planes as small as a Cessna 172 taking off and landing in East Timor 2600 km away. Current research is anticipated to increase its sensitivity by a factor of ten beyond this level. It is also reportedly able to detect stealth aircraft, as typically these are designed only to avoid detection by microwave radar. A new ionospheric map is generated every 225 seconds.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jindale..._Radar_Network

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by anterian View Post
    Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Attack
    replied
    The latest Inmarsat updated crash location is well within the range of Australia's OTH radar. So far I believe no official news has been revealed with regards to whether it has (or has not) tracked MH370 on the night it disappeared. I understand that the OTH can focus its range via "tiling", but wouldn't it continue its coverage (maybe on lower energy) on the other areas?

So unless the OTH was off at the time (although some articles indicated that it was "always on"), wouldn't / shouldn't it have pinpointed the crash location (if it indeed was in that general area) very early on?

And if the OTH did not register anything, how would this correlate to the latest Inmarsat-identified location?

I hope the authorities have been confidentially sharing the OTH results to help pinpoint / validate the Indian Ocean location.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Attack
    replied
    Originally posted by anterian View Post
    Might be worth a read.
    Good read. Thanks!

What about the idea of extending the pinger's current battery life via less frequent pings (say once every 5 or 10 seconds)?
    Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-30, 05:58.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    Hope they find something and pick up the items from this aircraft soon. Let's get some hands touching some aircraft parts!
    This is one of the most frustrated & complicated aircraft search I ever seen or read about.
    Just hope Malaysia country will learn something from this event, and does much better on the next aircraft crash/incident in their area.

Leave a comment:

• anterian
    replied
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.UzeJLqi4XtR

Might be worth a read.

Leave a comment:

• SamPi
    replied
    Originally posted by iazoniccc View Post
    US Navy Boeing P-8A Poseidon, RSCU74, heading out to the search zone.
    http://fr24.com/RSCU74

US-Navy-P8.jpg
    Last edited by SamPi; 2014-03-30, 02:26. Reason: image

Leave a comment:

Working...
X