This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
    Ah, that's right...the SATCOM is the one you have to get up for; the ACARS can be controlled through the CMU. My bad.

So where are we now? The transponder went off just before the last radio transmission, but it could have just been put into standby. And there are no confirmed HF, VHF or satcom voice calls from the plane (one pilot reportedly tried to relay for Ho Chi Minh control and reported a faint voice, but that's not a positive ID), but again that could be because they chose to ignore the radios, or someone had a gun to their heads.

That pretty much rules out the early catastrophe theories. Explosive decompression is pretty much ruled out, as well as any explosion on board. No missile strike. No hypoxia. If it was fire, there would be charred wreckage littering the flight path and landing/crash site...wherever that might be. Electrical problems alone wouldn't account for the plane not heading for the nearest suitable landing strip for an emergency landing. I gotta say that air piracy (either crew or passenger) has to be it by process of elimination.

What do you think?
    The last voice communication was at 01:19 and the transponder failed at 01:21. At that time the plane turned around possibly because of some catastrophe which also caused the systems to fail. That turn may have been the last action done by anybody on the plane.

This new timing shifts things towards failure and away from a hijack of some sort.

Comment

• Hi,
      it is just absolutely astounded that "2 or 3 airports in China reported that the aircraft has landed at their airport." Where did you find that? Wouldn't you mind if I kindly ask you to send any link about the reports? The story is SO unbelievable and it is getting more so day by day

Comment

• Originally posted by putnik View Post
        I read this as meaning that switching off, or failure of, the satcom, would result in the ACARS stopping working too. So the two systems stopping is not evidence of deliberate human intervention.
        No, we know that the satcom was working because it was linking to Inmarsat.

An hour ago I saw John Cox, formerly of the NTSB, on TV and he said very distinctly that the latest evidence says that the ACARS unit was unplugged from the data bus. According to Cox, it has been the ACARS unit, not just the satcom radio that had been sending what they called on the news "pings" to the Inmarsat satellite. That's HUGE!!!

If the information that Cox got is accurate, then there's no doubt any more that it was human intervention, not equipment failure as the primary cause of this! According to Cox, it takes someone with the sort of knowledge that an avionics tech, not necessarily a pilot, would have. Earlier on someone asked if someone could have carried something onto the plane that could take control of it. Well, though nobody could fly the plane using a cellphone, it might be that someone with a toolbox.

Comment

• It's very creepy... I hope so that they find the Boeing 777!

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
            The last voice communication was at 01:19 and the transponder failed at 01:21. At that time the plane turned around possibly because of some catastrophe which also caused the systems to fail. That turn may have been the last action done by anybody on the plane.

This new timing shifts things towards failure and away from a hijack of some sort.
            No, we can't determine failure without examining the hardware. All it takes is a turn of a knob to put the transponders into standby mode. All it takes to not transmit voice is to not press any transmit buttons. There's absolutely nothing right now that can differentiate between failure and disuse.

And the latest news that not only confirms that the plane's satcom radio was on, but the ACARS unit too means a lot! Even if all other radios failed, the pilots could place a phone call using the satcom radio. Whomever was in charge of the plane was deliberately trying to evade contact with the rest of the world. Someone on that plane did something they weren't supposed to do. 100% certainty it's a hijacking.

Comment

No, we know that the satcom was working because it was linking to Inmarsat.

An hour ago I saw John Cox, formerly of the NTSB, on TV and he said very distinctly that the latest evidence says that the ACARS unit was unplugged from the data bus. According to Cox, it has been the ACARS unit, not just the satcom radio that had been sending what they called on the news "pings" to the Inmarsat satellite. That's HUGE!!!

If the information that Cox got is accurate, then there's no doubt any more that it was human intervention, not equipment failure as the primary cause of this! According to Cox, it takes someone with the sort of knowledge that an avionics tech, not necessarily a pilot, would have. Earlier on someone asked if someone could have carried something onto the plane that could take control of it. Well, though nobody could fly the plane using a cellphone, it might be that someone with a toolbox.
              I would like clarification on how things work.

The "pings" were being heard seven hours later. The ACARS unit was sending regular bursts of data every half hour or so, the last being 0107h. If the satcom stopped working at 0121h, I suppose future ACARS data stopped too, being dependant on the other system. These pings must be something else?

Comment

• Hello, I'm watching the news here in Brazil, and ended up finding a news report about possible wreck in the Strait of Malacca.
                A tanker asked permission to examine possible floating objects.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                  HI,
                  very interesting, but how this strange behaviour of KAL672 could be explauned? it sort of flying backwards)

Comment

• I really am starting to believe that this plane will be used as a ballistic missile in a future terror attack. Anyone else have this idea?

Comment

Yep, it's like they were keeping other search parties out of Malaysian waters long enough to cover something up.
                      just a pure shot in the dark..........how about malaysian airforce took it down! today reports that the senior captain was strong supporter of the opposition leader, who got inprisonded a few hours before the flght!

maybe pilot held claims to malaysian government?

Comment

• Originally posted by Demarco View Post
                        Hello, I'm watching the news here in Brazil, and ended up finding a news report about possible wreck in the Strait of Malacca.
                        A tanker asked permission to examine possible floating objects.
                        https://twitter.com/sdaglas/status/4...619200/photo/1
                        First post from a long time "fr24 lurker", so I'm a hybrid newbie / oldie ...

If you backup that link you can get to his twitter page https://twitter.com/sdaglas interesting stuff.

It also leads to http://alert5.com/2014/03/17/the-rma...ast-saw-mh370/ which i believe answers some of the questions asked earlier in the thread concerning type of MIL radar and antenna used in Malaysia.

HTH,
                        Mart
                        Last edited by MartH; 2014-03-17, 19:37. Reason: added antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Cookstar95 View Post
                          I really am starting to believe that this plane will be used as a ballistic missile in a future terror attack. Anyone else have this idea?
                          yes...and anonymous...so no one can trace the missile plane back to any government.
                          Last edited by mcjensen; 2014-03-17, 19:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by genc View Post
                            hi everyone, have you seen this? very interesting
                            http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68
                            No, i hadn't seen it, genc, thank you!

That theory has been touched upon in this thread. The author (Keith L) is no stranger to FR24. He seems to have some useful data and presents it well (IMHO).

Comment

• Originally posted by mcjensen View Post
                              yes...and anonymous...so one can't trace the missile plane back to any government.
                              And intercepting fighters will not shoot it down because they will think it is a civil aircraft full of people.
                              I have thought that from the beginning..

Comment

• two different flights/aircraft.
                                9M-MRO and 9M-MRQ

Originally posted by kingp0801
                                Has anyone seen this? flighRadar changed flight path..
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNZtz-HVy6c
                                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                                X