X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Latest update from Aviation Herald.

"On Apr 5th 2014 China's state run news agency Xinhua reported the Chinese ship Haixun 01, participating in the search for MH-370, located a 37.5kHz pulse signal at position S25 E101 (about 730nm westsouthwest of Learmonth,WA and 900nm westnorthwest of Perth,WA (Australia), see updated overview map). Xinhua states that it is not yet clear whether this beacon is related to MH-370. Underwater Locator Beacons as mounted to flight data recorders are using 37.5kHz pulsed pings and at 160dB transmission energy are detectable up to 5 kilometers distance in good conditions, at 180dB up to 22 kilometers in good conditions."

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Leave a comment:

• ynr123
    replied
    great news in tragic circumstances op , 2nd the confirmation though

Leave a comment:

• skyranger11
    replied
    Yeppers fantastic news to hear..All we need now is confirmation of this..Hopefully they will send the ocean shield toward the chinese ship and see if the can pick up the signal since it is towing the tpl25 behind it
    Last edited by skyranger11; 2014-04-05, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Malaysian Prime Minister has arrived into Perth in the early hours of April 3rd to observe Search Coordination setup

HMS Tireless - UK Submarine has entered the area to assist with below-surface efforts
    A British submarine has joined the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane on Wednesday as crews search under, on and above the surface of the ocean for any sign of the aircraft.

HMS Tireless will assist a fleet of aircraft from six nations and numerous ships already involved in the search 1,800 kilometres south-west of Perth.
    Ocean Shield expected to arrive near the area later today local time with the Black Box search unit along with the US Naval experts

UK Media - The Daily Mail are now the focus of potential legal action against the media for releasing false information and leads
    (I recall warning everyone about reading too much into the medias so-called sources...)

Meanwhile, Mr Hishammuddin said Malaysia's attorney-general had been instructed to "compile evidence" and consider possible legal action over "false" media reports.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-0...marine/5361288

Daily updates per Co-ordination centre releases (as above post) found here
    http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-04-02, 20:58.

Leave a comment:

• grandbanks
    replied
    Joint Agency Coordination Centre takes over mh370 search

To know the facts of the search

Go to the media releases of the JACC, setup by the Aussie government.
    NObody else will know the facts directly. All press publishers and even Malaysian officials, and even CNN, will be getting their info from the Jacc.
    The Jacc will continue, until the plane is found.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/release...ril/mr002.aspx
    There are search maps at the bottom of the page

To see the most intelligent youtube clip, produced by AMSA,about the search summary,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUIR...Aupdates#t=488

The current search area, it has moved further north, due to refined data about the aircraft movements.
    http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/release...ril/mr002.aspx

latest search area.jpg

The Ocean Shield has left Perth yesterday, with all the sonar kit onboard. It will take 3 days to steam to the area.
    No, there is no way to see the AIS (google this) marine data, about the ships position, it only transmits 50nm.
    Yes the Australian Navy would be getting Sat C updates of the ships position every three hours, but they will not distribute that to the world.

Yes they have been plotting current movements for 21days, that is why the search area keeps moving slightly.
    The items found so far, have been rubbish, or fishing equipment.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-04-02, 06:40. Reason: Moved to thread - good concise post.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Latest update from Aviation Herald.

"On Apr 1st 2014 Malaysia's Minister of Transport stated the ATC transcript containing the communication between Air Traffic Control and the crew of MH-370 would be released, the transcript of the press conference released on the Ministry's Website and Facebook Account did not contain the transcript however. The Ministry later e-mailed the transcript to The Aviation Herald, see ATC Transcript of MH-370." > http://avherald.com/files/Audio%20Tr...ot-ATC_BIT.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    The last word adjustment may be valid, But opinions on those releasing it did not also need to be made at the same time. Especially when if I recall, the original transcript was 'obtained' or 'leaked' and first printed by a UK news media outlet, and not officially released. But quickly copied worldwide

You will see the latest, is due to a request during a media conference to release the OFFICIALLY analyzed transcript. Of which is still ongoing as part of the investigation

Originally posted by sputnik
    Just in past days, somebody deleted my few of small video clips w/ having something new in it, was also deleted,...
    They may have something new, for all of 3 seconds. While the rest of it is information already stated multiple times in the past, or readily available from standard media outlets without looking very hard. Or are not adding anything of merit to the ongoing search. Or, are made by people who then branch into once again their own theories slightly changed from the one the day before based on newly released factual information to suit.

Re-analysis of already talked about items/public information and re-wording is not 'new' - it is a common thing media outlets to do keep 'ontop' of the news stories over other agencies. By changing the headline, or first paragraph with a single line update, while regurgitating the same story from 2-3 days ago. And we saw how badly in the early stages of the search, giving out such information to be then repeated by other media outlets turns into mis-information. Copying this from other Forums, cross-linking, or websites NOT associated to the authorities quoted in the articles, as said in the past. Can be taken with a grain of salt.

Many viewers are even afraid of posting, in case they may get insulted.
    I actually see it a different way. They have listened to Mikes previous requests, now once again lost a number of pages back on this thread.
    - They do not have any valuable input or information to add. So do not.

Think,… forum has 20000+ average viewings in 2-3 days, and only 2-4 guys are posting. Does it answer something?
    Actually I think you will find like me, everyone else has now grown tired. Getting 'new post made' alerts, and are tired of the same posters, the same information (albeit slightly different in wording or layout each time) being repeated over and over, only to be followed up by a further slightly modified theory or video from someone else who saw the same 'update' in the media and decided to change their original view yet again. Thus going straight back to kicking it all off once more without adding anything of value

In short:

Plane - Missing
    Track - Known
    Reasoning - not known (nor may it ever be)
    No Debris identified as confirmed
    Search by Air/Sea in Progress
    Ocean Black Box search about to commence out of Perth, however they have no defined search starting point as yet.

Unless I am overruled by the Northern Hemisphere admins when they come online I've closed this with the intention that readers will be kept up to date with relevant information pertaining to the ongoing search going forward - Expect posts from Speedbird or other Mods with credible NEW Information that may prove informative to readers that is not already mainstream information.

- not cross-posted straight after someone has already linked a snippet
    - linked to an original article/source it was from (rather than blatantly copied entire content from other forums/sources without knowing the credibility)

And also rejoice in the lack of notifications allowing us to all get on with real life..

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    CNN TV channel is talking about the "last words" thing today. So it's should be 'on topic' for today on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Petal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenneth View Post
    It is important to understand what is a fact and what is speculation.

I prefer seeing facts, and I make my own speculations based on the facts. I do not like being fed other people's speculations presented as facts.
    So if you think that the flight was captured by a bunch of rainbow colored unicorns, I do not wish to hear about it. And yes, there are people on this planet who seriously think that the invasion of flying uniforns is a real possibility.

I'm sure there's a website out there willing to accept any kind of speculation about the MH370's destiny, so why keep spamming this board with messages that are not welcome here? Just go to a like-minded site. Unless of course, you keep getting banned from every single one, in which case the only option left is to create your very own bulletin board and have your conversation there.
    You are the only one that has brought up Unicorns! LOL Being fed other people's speculations. But YOURS are okay? Just because people are discussing "possibilities" they don't necessarily think they are facts. People with theories are important in this world. They are the bold thinkers. Show some respect for people that are different than you who have skills that are valuable.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Petal
    replied
    Originally posted by jhmb View Post
    Most people, including most engineers as you like to call them, also accept they don't know everything, let alone understand it all.
    Yet, there are others, for whom allmost everything has to be a conspiricy, and they take fiction for facts.
    That is quite an assumption. Just because people are discussing these theories does not mean they are taking them for fact.

Leave a comment:

• jhmb
    replied
    Originally posted by sputnik
    ... that last spoken words' transcript ...
    ATC comms with MH370 have been in the open since "day one". They're even mentioned in this thread if you'd care to read.
    Why you insist in spreading blatant lies and half-baked rumours is beyond my comprehension. Stop it. Take it elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    ^ But they need to find the haystack area first to find the needle

Leave a comment:

• MIT EE
    replied
    Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    Yes you're right about him re-registered, but that was after a few days and then i only spotted his posts yesterday where the same format of his posts as voyager10.

All Moderators and Admin are now aware of his new profile, a decision about banning him again will possibly be made later today .

The posts of yours that have been deleted might have been related to other content that was deleted, as we have deleted a lot.
    LOL.....I think your job is a thankless one.

In any event, as to the topic on hand, with all the junk in the Ocean, it seems to me that they are not looking for a needle in a haystack but for a needle in a needle factory!

Leave a comment:

• F-EGLF1
    replied
    Originally posted by theone123 View Post

You tell me what you think?
    I think that you sound like another pseudonym for Voyager-10 / Sputnik / sea petal,
    I hope I am wrong, but posting conspiracy links is not welcome here...

Leave a comment:

• iazoniccc
    replied
    Originally posted by theone123 View Post
    I still don't understand how authorities find a different object everyday but yet it is no part of a plane...

My questions are:
    - why did it take so long to deploy search teams?
    - Why no mayday from pilot?
    - How can we find a soccer ball in a middle of a soccer field using google map but we cant find a plane the size of a building?
    - Or the government knows something we don't?

Check this video i found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9pQN-Qxbo

You tell me what you think?
    Hi, welcome to the forums. You really need to read through the past couple of pages of this thread.

They find objects because the ocean's of planet Earth are littered with all kinds of non-aviation debris, especially in that part of the world.

- It didn't, they were looking in the wrong ocean.
    - Nobody knows that yet, possible malfunction, possible deliberate act.
    - The Indian Ocean is somewhat larger than your football field and more importantly, under a lot more water.
    - That question probably wont be greeted well here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X