This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    Yes have to agree, what is in the Media can be very misleading.

I don't like to guess what might have happened to Flight MH370, but it just occured to me that given the predicted area the Aircraft was last picked up by satellite and the Passports issue i am thinking the Aircraft might be in Iran. (Just my thoughts and nothing else.)
    That is increasingly what it looks like, it would not make sense for it to have gone south east as there is nothing but ocean and Australia (I cannot imagine them heading there), IF it carried on flying then Pakistan / Iran is the most obvious area, however until we know more that can only be speculation.
    Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2014-03-15, 12:57.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Maybe it's time that planes were fitted with something similar to ADS-B but satellite based, pinging at a much lower rate (maybe once every 5 minutes +/- a random amount) and in-accessible once the aircraft is in flight.

Not only for cases like this - but the data would also be helpful oceanic ATC.

I'm sure someone could come up with 'one size fits all' self contained wart to stick on that just receives a trickle charge current from the aircraft.
      Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-15, 15:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        Maybe it's time that planes were fitted with something similar to ADS-B but satellite based, pinging at a much lower rate (maybe once every 5 minutes +/- a random amount) and in-accessible once the aircraft is in flight.

Not only for cases like this - but the data would also be helpful oceanic ATC.

I'm sure someone could come up with 'one size fits all' self contained wart to stick on that just receives a trickle charge current from the aircraft.
        The technology is already in the pipeline.

Disruptive space solutions to help create a better tomorrow
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Misleading Headline of CNN as of now!!!!

I cant attach screenshot here, don't know why but CNN Headline now says that

Who downed MH370? how it can create sensation like this?

I think am able to attach screenshot now....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bhavlobhuro; 2014-03-15, 16:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhavlobhuro View Post
            I cant attach screenshot here, don't know why but CNN Headline now says that

Who downed MH370? how it can create sensation like this?
            Because it's CNN...........

On another front, surely the Iran theory is weak, based on the fact that the course would be over India, which supposedly has a strong military radar network that would have picked it up? Also the Iranian guy was fleeing from Iran was he not? Why would he go back?

Comment

• I think in my opinion, after watching and reading all the info on this missing airliner, i think it will never be found. I am only speculating on these theory. THere is too many theories flying out there and so much has happend that they have reported, like the transponder being shut off and the satelites still receiving pings from the engines and such saying if flew for another possible 7 hrs, then were is it?? Either they have taken it to somewhere and holding it for another bad deed in the future and holding the passengers, or it disentigrated in the air after going to 45000 ft and dropping to 23000 fr, i saw the CNN report and its almost impossible to have that done without damage and the plane falling apart. If they are holding the passengers then why after a week why hasent the group or whoever claimed responsiblity and given demands. In the case of the airfrance jet a few years ago, they found debris after 5 days, and it went from there. THere are so many possibilities its endless, until they find the aircraft and find the black boxes, which i think will be useless, because they are looped every 2 hrs, so if it flew for another 6 or 7 hrs, it won't tell them much.

If anyone else has theories post them. This is most definitley the aviation mystery of the the past several years.

Comment

• OK guys, been doing my own private detective bit! Have been playing back 7th March in FR24. There's a Global Challenger 6000 flying very high in a continuous circle over Afghanistan. Callsign GLEX. It continues to circle from around 15:00 to around 23:00 - 8 hours just circling! Just after 23:00 it stops circling and heads south. Shortly afterwards it goes out of range and disappears from view.

By looking at the progress of FIN82 (SIN-HEL), you can see that at 18:00 it would have been very near to where it is thought MH370 would have been if it had taken a north-westerly route. At 23:00, FIN82 is very nearby GLEX. You can therefore assume that the invisible MH370 would also be nearby if it took the same route.

My theory is (and I'm no expert!) is that GLEX switched off all transponders etc as MH370 intercepted it, and MH370 took over its "identity" and continued to fly on and land at some remote airport. To ATC, it would appear as GLEX and not raise any suspicions. The Challenger could fly off and land at a small airfield somewhere without anyone noticing.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it does seem to link up nicely.

GLEX at 15:00: http://fr24.com/2014-03-07/15:12/48x/GLEX/2d7ea29
                FIN82 at 18:00: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03.../FIN82/2d80a98
                GLEX at 23:00 (with FIN82 to the northeast): http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...x/GLEX/2d7ea29

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                  The technology is already in the pipeline.

http://www.isispace.nl/cms/index.php/projects/s-ads-b
                  But that's using the present ADS-B transponder that's accessible during the flight - it needs to send the plane ident, position and maybe altitude.

Minimal data so the data channel isn't busy, sent relatively infrequently

Comment

• Hi,
                    New to this site but very impresses with the standard of posts..clearly there a lot of people on here with good tehnical knowledge and experience. I'm not one of them unfortunately! I do however have a theory (which may have already been posited) regarding possible explanation for all tracking methods being disabled:
                    Hypoxia induced paranoia. For some reason the flight deck crew thought they were going to be shot down or were being persued by a fighter jet (Korean Air incident?). It's far fetched but not entirely unfeasable. People who have suffered similar problems whilst climbing at high altitude have experienced similar bizzare halucinations. It wouldn't take more than an innocent comment from one of them to set it off. The plan then became 'hide from everyone and try to get back home'. In that same state it's not a great leap to imagine navigational programming errors..
                    They then ran out of fuel..somewhere..
                    Thughts?

Comment

• I only came across flightradar24 last Monday after returning home from holiday. I wondered even then, if the red Boeing 777 flying over the Himalayas and with no identification, could possibly be this lost aircraft. I now wish I could have taken a screenshot, because I can't get back to that time, to show anyone.

Comment

• I am so fascinated by this disappearance. I'm no expert but even if the ADS-B transponders were switched off wouldn't standard radar still pick it up? I'm on about the type of radar used in the second world war..

Firing short bursts of EM radiation and using the formula 2d=ct when the wavelength is reflected and therefore calculating it's distance from the transmitter? Or are systems like this not used anymore?

Sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm only a student studying physics, maths and computer programming and by no-means an aviation expert!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cookstar95 View Post
                          I am so fascinated by this disappearance. I'm no expert but even if the ADS-B transponders were switched off wouldn't standard radar still pick it up? I'm on about the type of radar used in the second world war..

Firing short bursts of EM radiation and using the formula 2d=ct when the wavelength is reflected and therefore calculating it's distance from the transmitter? Or are systems like this not used anymore?

Sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm only a student studying physics, maths and computer programming and by no-means an aviation expert!
                          What your referring to is primary radar, yes it was, but primary radar only shows that there is an object present, it will not tell you who or what it is. Malaysian military primary radar did pick up something they believe to be MH370.

Comment

• What surprises me is the the military allegedly picked it up on primary radar, decided it was 'friendly' and let it go. How could they have determined it was friendly if they were only using primary radar, and as a commercial airliner off its designated flight path, must surely have been suspect? And when they 'lost it,' how come?....out of range, or was some blocking system initiated, that took it off their screens? Surely a large aircraft disappearing must have raised questions?

I note that Somalia was mentioned some while ago.

Is that possible given the ER of the 777 to have reached there? It would avoid it (?) having to be tracked by Indian systems heading for places such as Pakistan/Iran. What other places might it be possible to put a 777 down safely .... not necessarily an airport?

Comment

• Originally posted by RAFF View Post
                              What surprises me is the the military allegedly picked it up on primary radar, decided it was 'friendly' and let it go. How could they have determined it was friendly if they were only using primary radar, and as a commercial airliner off its designated flight path, must surely have been suspect? And when they 'lost it,' how come?....out of range, or was some blocking system initiated, that took it off their screens? Surely a large aircraft disappearing must have raised questions?

I note that Somalia was mentioned some while ago.

Is that possible given the ER of the 777 to have reached there? It would avoid it (?) having to be tracked by Indian systems heading for places such as Pakistan/Iran. What other places might it be possible to put a 777 down safely .... not necessarily an airport?

With the primary radar, they would have no way to tell it was a commercial aircraft off its designated flight path at the time. However, since it was using a commonly used designated route in the sky, maybe they would assume it was not a threat? They were probably not looking for the plane or even knew it had disappeared from civilian radar at that time. In my opinion, as soon as contact was lost, someone should have been notified and they should have started watching the primary radar more closely.

Comment

• Whatever the outcome of this, it will undoubtedly change some commercial aviation policies and procedures forever. In addition, it must be causing countries like China, the U.S., Canada, Russia, Israel, India and others lots of concern that Malaysia was essentially "asleep at the wheel" while this all went down. Makes me wonder if some of the more developed countries are going to develop systems to track everything that goes on in the skies a lot better. What do the rest of you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X