Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might as well throw this out there as an Ideahttp://online.wsj.com/news/article_e...MDEwMzExNDMyWj

Comment

• The Wall Street Journal, citing "two people familiar with the details," reported early Thursday that U.S. investigators think the plane may have flown for about four hours -- hundreds of miles -- after it last confirmed its location to people on the ground. The Journal says the information comes from data automatically downloaded from the plane's engines -- and what it could mean about the plane's fate is unclear

Comment

• What I think is amazing is that we have all those spy and military satellites en other spy equipment worldwide. It's like living in one huge "Big Brother"
        And even then we don't seem to be able to pick up a B777?
        So a military (or terrorist) B777 loaded with explosive projectiles could just fly around without any of this sophisticated equipment picking it up? That's reassuring!!
        I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere someone DID pick it up, but doesn't want to admit to it as not to reveal the capability's of their spy equipment?
        Cheers
        Last edited by seahorse; 2014-03-13, 11:48. Reason: typo

Comment

• I have a very stupid question! Why the hell is it possible to switch off the transponder? can anyone explaine?

Comment

• I am new and cannot stop thinking about this missing aircraft and feel terrible for all involved passengers, crew, families & friends.
            I don't know much about planes but watched something today on National Geo that sounds just like this.
            At first this other flight crash was blamed on the Pilot & said it was suicide & murder and totally his fault, it took two years to find black box which turned out did not tell anything.
            Only debris found after it plummeted into water was a few papers, bodies not found for two weeks & only 50 out of hundreds.
            Years later Lawyers for three families proved it was not the Pilot but a faulty part (which they had previously said was OK when found)
            Can't remember the name of part but it is the size of a soda can and is need & what is used to turn a plane (located on the top rear portion of plane)
            If this malfunctions it can cause a plane to go belly up without any warning to crew & do a nose dive at a very fast rate, and leaving the most experienced Pilot unable to correct or control the aircraft.
            This sounds to me very similar and appears to me it goes missing as soon as the plane begins this turn of direction.
            Praying for everyone and appreciate replies & thoughts on this.
            Sorry it's long winded.

Comment

• Originally posted by elheisenberg View Post
              http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...anager-3235818

coult that be tha plane??? pls check the foto
              actually is more compatible with a ship

Comment

• This is my first post.
                And now the US investigators suspect a missing Malaysian airliner was in the air for four hours after its last confirmed contact, and may have been diverted to an unknown location, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.
                It said US aviation investigators and national security officials are basing their theory on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777's Rolls-Royce engines, which suggested the plane flew for a total of five hours.
                So many theories emerging out but no solid clue yet.

Comment

• I agree with the previous speakers, in these times, with so developed technology and satellites that are able to read the hour hand of the watch to a man you can not locate a huge B777? At least strange ... I worked in a company renovating the chassis air and wings .... since then I have a fear of flying. peace

Comment

• U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours
                    Engine Data Suggest Malaysia Flight Was Airborne Long After Radar Disappearance

Comment

• Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                      What I think is amazing is that we have all those spy and military satellites en other spy equipment worldwide. It's like living in one huge "Big Brother"
                      And even then we don't seem to be able to pick up a B777?
                      So a military (or terrorist) B777 loaded with explosive projectiles could just fly around without any of this sophisticated equipment picking it up? That's reassuring!!
                      I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere someone DID pick it up, but doesn't want to admit to it as not to reveal the capability's of there spy equipment?
                      Cheers
                      I'm with you Seahorse! How can NOBODY find this plane after all this time.....let alone know what happened in the first place? I am not with conspiracy theories, but now I'm starting to wonder about a group of people on board this plane...... Not wanting to speculate too much and too early, but sheesh, what's going on here???

Comment

• So it took them six days for someone to think "hey, let's see if we have any engine data"?? yeah right

Comment

• I am a layman and have zero knowledge of airplane technology. I have read through this thread and I find it extremely difficult to believe that given this year and age of civilian + military advancements (publicly aware + spy installations), and given the earlier incidents of terrorists actions and otherwise airline disasters, that there are no systems in place to continuously track the location of a major commercial airplane (across a wider range of altitude), or that mission-critical avionics such as locators (aside from the blackbox pinger) can be manually turned-off!

It poses a much bigger worry for the rest of us joe blows regarding our day-to-day airline travels!

Comment

• I've been following all of this with interest, have watched the playback on FR24, looked at a lot of the satellite images on Tomnod and read a lot of the accounts and theories out there. (Not a pro/expert by any means, but interested nevertheless!)

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but one thing I have wondered about, and not seen discussed, is a collision. A military jet, particularly a spyplane, might not have shown up for everyone. And do small private jets always use/have transponders? What about things like stray weather balloons?

I note the mention by the Malaysian military of tracking an aircraft heading to the Strait of Malacca, could this have been one of two foreign military aircraft? It's a one-in-a-million chance, but we are having to think about extraordinary circumstances now.

The sudden loss of information is the thing that really makes me think of a sudden, catastrophic incident, or at least enough to take out the transponder and result in sudden loss of height. Switching off the transponder alone surely wouldn't mean the plane was lost to all radar.

What about other communications on board, eg information automatically relayed on the performance of the engines etc - are all the transmitters for this information situated in round about the same place on the aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by whatsgoingonhere View Post
                              I'm with you Seahorse! How can NOBODY find this plane after all this time.....let alone know what happened in the first place? I am not with conspiracy theories, but now I'm starting to wonder about a group of people on board this plane...... Not wanting to speculate too much and too early, but sheesh, what's going on here???
                              Agreed, I am new to this forum and do not want to speculate - but a look a into the circumstances of a certain group of people on that flight - the technology they were working on, and the company share price are all strange coincidences.

Comment

• people keep going back to these ADs. If the ADs are suggested the airlines due them, they do not put them off unless Boeing can not supply the parts to complete the the task by the scheduled time, in this case they would have an extension.
                                the issue of the transponders keep comming up, they can be unplugged just like your TV or TV component.

anything more on the site off china that they think they spotted the plane in the water?
                                I am still swaying tword hijacking, although a fisherman claims he saw the plane on fire

Comment

Working...
                                X