Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

happy christmas and new year. 7th december.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy christmas and new year. 7th december.

I wish you all a very merry Xmas. .
    regards. f2f. UK
    goodwill to you all.
    Last edited by f2f; 2014-01-06, 11:20.

f2f,
    Thanks and the same to you and to all. That's the beauty about something as international as FR24 has become, it's not simply or only about aviation but a great geography lesson and an opprotunity to learn about other cultures, people etc.

Here in Australia we dont have that tradition on the 7th Dec. We have to be patient and wait for Santa on the 24th (although some do utilise the Advent Calendar for the month of December), and here it's summer and often 35*c+ on Christmas Day, unlike in the northern hemisphere.

Santa comes down the chimney in his short shorts!

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-10, 07:56.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

I understand in Australia you have the beer advent calendar (a person may have several). Each calendar is a pack of 24 beers with a unique number between 1 and 24 (arranged randomly) written on the top ... that takes you from the first of December to Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        I understand in Australia you have the beer advent calendar (a person may have several). Each calendar is a pack of 24 beers with a unique number between 1 and 24 (arranged randomly) written on the top ... that takes you from the first of December to Christmas.
        Peter,

Interesting, I hadnt heard of that one. I was more into wine with dinner- I know, very unusual for an aussie.
        On second thoughts though, no good. What do you drink for Christmas/New Year? The 'calendar' has run out. Looks like a 'dry' Christmas/New Year. You would indeed need several in that case.
        Cheers,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-10, 07:57.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
          Peter,

Interesting, I hadnt heard of that one. I was more into wine with dinner- I know, very unusual for an aussie.
          On second thoughts though, no good. What do you drink for Christmas/New Year? The 'calendar' has run out. Looks like a 'dry' Christmas/New Year. You would indeed need several in that case.
          Cheers,
          Gregg
          Well, there's whatever you have with the barbecue on the beach (unless you live beyond the back stump), and after that the gift beer exchanged with the mates and not opened on the day.

Comment

Working...
          X