Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus Autopilot Mode Question

Hello,

I have had this query for a while now and i was hoping someone will be able to help me.
    On Airbus aircraft how do the different autopilots work (AP1 & AP2). Is it like boeings philosophy or is it a totally different design?

Thanks, Dan

Originally posted by Dan Griffin View Post
    Hello,

I have had this query for a while now and i was hoping someone will be able to help me.
    On Airbus aircraft how do the different autopilots work (AP1 & AP2). Is it like boeings philosophy or is it a totally different design?

Thanks, Dan
    Dan
    This might help;
    http://www.chipsplace.com/helpful/Ai...t%20System.htm
    That's for Airbus, I'm still searching for Boeing for comparison. There's plenty of discussion on the forums and information on flight sim but not much in the way of real technical detail at all. I'll steer clear of posting those as they could be misleading.
    There does seem to be a major philosophical difference between the two manufacturers in that Boeing try to include the pilot more in the actual flying and decision making process as a whole where as Airbus try to keep the pilot out of the equation as much as possible. Which is better is certainly a question for debate and perhaps only time will tell. Then again, is one any better than the other or simply just different? Perhaps these are questions only a pilot can really answer.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-24, 08:35. Reason: edited spelling- it was atrocious
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks Greg,

I have now found the answer to my question due to your link and the websites linked to that.

Many Thanks, Dan

Comment

Working...
      X