Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean with the "via" on flightradar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean with the "via" on flightradar?

For example: A Qantas flight from Heathroad to Sydney always fly via Singapore(hongkong,bankok). What's happening at the "via point"? Is it only refuling or can passenger who wants to fly only to Singapore stop there flight there? And can new people board the aircraft at that point?

Greatful for answers!

All of the above

Its for competition and better worldwide coverage on a single 1-way flight leg.

Instead of point to point they offer an extended service stopping at places on the way. The same as a bus does going from depot to its destination. It allows people to do short trips to the via, or get on there and goto other parts of the world they may normally miss if it didn't stop in.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Okay, i understand. But i still wonder how flightrader can say that it takes 30 hours to fly Heathroad-singapore-sydney? When Heathroad-Singapore is around 11 hours and singapore-sydney about 9 hours. Does the plane stand on the ground for a cupple of hours so people can go in to the airport and streth their legs? or is it bad calculated by flightradar?

Comment

It depends on the flight.

Singapore Airlines has a flight 321 departing London 22.05, arriving Singapore 17.55 local time (next day).

Departs Singapore 07.05 (next day) arriving Sydney 16.35. All times local. Total flight duration 33.30 hours.

Qantas has a flight 3502 that takes 25.55 hrs via Bangkok, arriving there at 15.20, departing 20.55. That's over 5 hours on the ground in Bangkok. Time for a pee and some terminal shopping. And for the aircraft to refuel.

My guess is FR24 applies an average flight duration but maybe it's more precise.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
        X