Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accident and Incidents here (STICKY Cont.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jesper pedersen
    replied
    Strange incident yesterday, just north of chania in crete. on flightradar24, plane with no reg. number dropped out of the sky, i followed i all the way down, but no planes have since been reported missing. i assume is a tech error, but owuld like to know what creates such error. attached screen shot just before the plane vanishedimage.jpg

Leave a comment:

• solibra
    replied
    There is a serious problem with the data.

04:13:00Z.502,0x4ca9bf,KGL9268,30.151,34.178,P,335 00,7327,404,335,-3584,A,2614,00
    04:13:00Z.616,0x4ca9bf,KGL9268,30.154,34.176,P,297 50,7327,347,333,8000,A,2593,00
    04:13:00Z.258,0x4ca9bf,KGL9268,30.153,34.177,P,309 75,7327,398,333,-5760,A,2132,00
    The three reporting stations report substantial deviating values for the same timestamp.
    E.g.:
    Station 2614: 33500 ft
    Station 2593: 29750 ft
    Station 2132: 30975 ft

I suspect that this is because several BDS slices received at deviating times have been merged together. Would be nice to see that raw data stream.
    Last edited by solibra; 2015-11-02, 18:50.

Leave a comment:

• solibra
    replied
    Is the vertical speed in the CSV file the inertial or barometric vertical velocity from register BDS 6,0? Also, is IAS data available?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Reeves
    replied
    Is there any possibility that ATC interrogated the transponder? There may be format 20 dataframes similar to the Germanwings flight.

Leave a comment:

• DemonLee
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    BREAKING Egyptian air traffic control loses contact civilian airliner carrying 212 people
    Aircraft was reportedly carrying 212 people from Sharm El-Sheikh to Russia, according to Sky News Arabia. Shortly after take off, Egyptian air traffic control lost all contact with the passenger plane.

UPDATE The sources said the passenger plane was mainly carrying Russian tourists and that a search was underway.
    http://www.airlive.net/2015/10/break...c-control.html
    LATEST: BBC Latest, search has found plane in the Sinia Peninsula, 50 Ambulances on route so either expecting or have found survivors.. http://www.bbc.com/news

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    BREAKING Egyptian air traffic control loses contact civilian airliner carrying 212 people
    Aircraft was reportedly carrying 212 people from Sharm El-Sheikh to Russia, according to Sky News Arabia. Shortly after take off, Egyptian air traffic control lost all contact with the passenger plane.

UPDATE The sources said the passenger plane was mainly carrying Russian tourists and that a search was underway.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-10-31, 08:29.

Leave a comment:

• DemonLee
    replied
    RAF Beech 2000 in Trouble UK

Got General Emergency Alert for the UK, appears to be an RAF Beech 2000 in trouble up near Sleaford - nothing happening on FR24, appears to have stopped, either no tracking in the area or its gone down near Evedon and has now disappeared from my screen..

Anyone in the UK got more info?

RAF BEECH 2000.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DemonLee
    replied
    Originally posted by DemonLee View Post
    Today having received a 'General Emergency' Alert on my iPhone via FR24, I tracked an Air France Airbus A380 (Air Italia Flight Charles De Gaul to Johannesburg) Flight Reference AF990A/AFR990A Registration F-HPJG.

It turned around just before Montpellier France and landed safely back at CDG although when I spoke to Air France they had no information on the reason and gave me the email address for the Press at Air Italia, so if I get any response, will give an update.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6490[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6491[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6492[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6493[/ATTACH]
    Although not confirmed by Air Italia who were leasing the aircraft, this report was published by the Mirror Newspaper in the UK - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...eading-6632325

Leave a comment:

• DemonLee
    replied
    Air France Airbus A380 Turn Around

Today having received a 'General Emergency' Alert on my iPhone via FR24, I tracked an Air France Airbus A380 (Air Italia Flight Charles De Gaul to Johannesburg) Flight Reference AF990A/AFR990A Registration F-HPJG.

It turned around just before Montpellier France and landed safely back at CDG although when I spoke to Air France they had no information on the reason and gave me the email address for the Press at Air Italia, so if I get any response, will give an update.

AFR990A-F-HPJF A320-001.jpgAFR990A-F-HPJF A320-002.jpgAFR990A-F-HPJF A320-003.jpgAFR990A-F-HPJF A320-004.jpg
    Last edited by DemonLee; 2015-10-14, 14:33.

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Initial info yesterday morning:

1). The engineer on board doing the checking was a TRAINEE - why was he alone, without a LAE ?

2). The inter-locking pin with a red flag on the landing gear was MISSING - who didn't put in the pin or Who removed it before the aircraft is ready ?

Heads will roll and some people will be looking for new jobs - NOT in the aviation industry - but who knows - they may end up driving a Taxi ( from Air-Taxi repair to road-taxi ).,

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Whoopsy. Not that button!

Singapore Airlines plane COLLAPSES at Changi Airport just HOURS before it was due to fly to Hong Kong
    A Singapore Airlines Airbus A330-300 collapsed at Changi Airport on Sunday morning before it was due to depart for Hong Kong. No crew or passengers were on board at the time.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    British Airways 777 (Flight BA2276)(G-VIIO) on fire at Las Vegas airport. (fire is out now)
    Some 170 people scrambled off an outbound British Airways jet today at the Las Vegas airport after an engine caught fire, sending 14 people to the hospital with injures mostly suffered escaping the burning airliner, officials said. Most of the injuries ...
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-09-09, 00:14.

Leave a comment:

• RAFF
    replied
    Shoreham (UK) Airshow Crash (with pics)

Hawker Hunter on low level pass crashes into main road junction...at least 7 fatalities unfortunately
    Last edited by RAFF; 2015-08-22, 17:53.

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Alert WSSS ATC prevented an air Crash.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Incident: JAL B763 at Singapore on Jul 12th 2015, rejected takeoff from taxiway

By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Jul 29th 2015 11:15Z, last updated Wednesday, Jul 29th 2015 11:15Z
    A JAL Japan Airlines Boeing 767-300, registration JA606J performing flight JL-38 from Singapore (Singapore) to Tokyo Haneda (Japan) with 198 passengers and 10 crew, had taxied from the gate to depart runway 20C via taxiway WA (parallel to runway 20R), NC2 (North Cross 2) and was turning onto taxiway EP parallel to runway 20L at about 02:25L (18:25Z Jul 11th) when the crew received takeoff clearance for runway 20C. Tower controller noticed the aircraft was accelerating for takeoff on taxiway EP reaching about 25 knots over ground, instructed the crew to stop and taxi onto runway 20C. The aircraft departed runway 20C about 6 minutes later and reached Tokyo Haneda with a total delay of 20 minutes.

The airline reported the aircraft had departed the gate with a delay of 25 minutes. While taxiing to the runway the crew aligned with a taxiway parallel to the runway and commenced takeoff but rejected when an alert ATC instructed them to stop, the crew did not find it necessary however to report the occurrence to JAL, the airline learned about the occurrence on Jul 23rd 2015 when they were contacted by Singapore's AIB. Both 58 year old captain and 50 year old first officer were suspended.

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by RAFF View Post
    Three planes crash in separate incidents in UK on the same day.

Phenom 300 at Blackbushe in Hampshire (4 fatalities)

A grim day.
    Osama bin Laden sister and stepmother feared dead in UK plane crash.

How ironic that Osama bin Laden sister and stepmother would be killed in a plane crash !

Saudi ambassador offers condolences to the family amid reports that relatives of the al-Qaida leader were among four killed in Hampshire crash

Leave a comment:

Working...
X