Help with JAX frequencies??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with JAX frequencies??

New kid here. Name is Dave, and I am 100 miles west of Jacksonville, FLA. Recently got a hand-held radio (Malahit) which picks up commercial aircraft around me (roof antenna).

So I listen to 125.05 MHz, and seem to get all the approaches and departures from KJAX. My problem is that I cant find the tower (or whatever) comms when I use my laptop to listen in. For example, Live ATC list about 10 different frquencies, but none seem to be in sync with what I hear from the aircraft.

Do the planes and towers work simplex (same frequency) or duplex, or something else?

Can someone pls point me to what freq I need to listen to to hear the tower??

Again, I hear planes on my handheld, and use my laptop to monitor the tower.

Thank you ! Dave

Vhf airband is shorter range across ground with standard antenna

I'm your equivalent of 8mile direct and can't get them without an external antenna on the peak of the roof. Even then hit and miss

Overhead is fine however. As is a hill based transmitter in range. Depends on transmitter location.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Let me try this again - maybe I was not clear.

Using just my laptop with internet, what frequency do I listen to for most approaches/departures at JAX, along with the tower?? Thanks!

Comment

All airport frequencies are published on AIPs.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you ! Dave

Comment

Working...
          X