Korean Air first operator of Boeing 747-8I to Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean Air first operator of Boeing 747-8I to Australia

Korean Air has become the first airline to operate the latest passenger variant of Boeing’s evergreen 747 to Australia.

The Skyteam alliance member’s Boeing 747-8I HL7642 touched down at Sydney Airport in the early hours of Saturday morning as KE121 from Seoul Incheon.

The aircraft was on the ground for about one hour and 40 minutes before taking off as the reciprocal KE122.

While Cathay Pacific has used the 747-8F freighter to Australia for a number of years, including to Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport, Korean Air is the first airline to operate the 747-8I to Australia.

Cathay has indeed been flying the 747-8F to and from Australia for some time, including into SYD and on to MEL.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Yeah, only the Tuesday CPA flight goes to Wellcamp after it's been to SYD and MEL earlier in the day.

Comment

Working...
    X