X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeoDude
    replied
    Originally posted by chrislawton View Post
    Vor calibration maybe, or there is also a company that I cant remember right now which maps the ground contours with radar to manage flood risks, but this is usually done at night.
    That's exactly what it was

Leave a comment:

• chrislawton
    replied
    Vor calibration maybe, or there is also a company that I cant remember right now which maps the ground contours with radar to manage flood risks, but this is usually done at night.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Possibly doing a Qualifying Cross Country for a PPL?

Leave a comment:

• Silvertouran
    replied
    I think this one is drawing a football pitch.

image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Silvertouran
    replied
    Ok. Thanks for that info.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    It's Ryanair flight crew training. If you look closely you'll see its a B737 and not a B738 which is used for passenger flights.

Leave a comment:

• Silvertouran
    replied
    More strange behaviour. This time at Prestwick Airport.
    Flightpath says Prestwick to Prestwick and it appears to be circling and touching down then repeating itself. In such a sizeable plane too. Maybe testing something?

image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• hdela
    replied
    I saw a similar pattern over Leuven, Belgium, recently. It was also a plane like that from France.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    ....otherwise they would not have the ADS-B transponder turned on and we would not see them.
    Maybe, but many tracking apps/websites do not display all such flights, usually when asked not to by the "authorities".

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by Topher View Post
    Yeah, its a bit strange. I watched the other plane from earlier fly back to France. According to the registration details of the current plane with strange flight pattern its a survey aircraft
    Planes flying repetitive patterns are common on FR24 and can be seen all over the world. Nearly always doing survey, photography or recon and quite often they are smaller aircraft and/or quite old ones eg Britten Norman Islander in one of the screen shoots. I think we can be confident that whatever they are doing is entirely above board otherwise they would not have the ADS-B transponder turned on and we would not see them.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Silvertouran View Post
    I'm still baffled as to why a plane would fly in circles round a major city for hours at 24,000 ft then do the same thing the very next day.
    Sometimes internal security for communications monitoring. Most UK cities are covered but it's not discussed too much.

Leave a comment:

• Silvertouran
    replied
    That makes sense with the one with the straight lines and flying relatively low.
    I'm still baffled as to why a plane would fly in circles round a major city for hours at 24,000 ft then do the same thing the very next day.
    Maybe instead of the Bermuda Triangle we have the Glasgow Circle.

Leave a comment:

• Topher
    replied
    Yeah, its a bit strange. I watched the other plane from earlier fly back to France. According to the registration details of the current plane with strange flight pattern its a survey aircraft

Leave a comment:

• Silvertouran
    replied
    Glasgow seems to be the place for strange flightpaths at the moment.

image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Topher
    replied
    Literally just posted the same thing. Will delete my post. i'm intrigued!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X