No announcement yet.

Aircraft contrails........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (USAF?) Boeing Globemaster C17 going over eastbound this morning at approx 40000ft - nothing on flightradar - as to be expected:

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2013-02-23, 13:27.

Comment

• Airline: Emirates
      Flight: EK1
      To: London, Heathrow (LHR)
      Aircraft: Airbus A380-861 (A388)
      Reg: A6-EED
      Hex: 896183

canon 550d with sigma 150-500mm

Comment

• canon 550d with sigma 150-500mm

Comment

• Originally posted by AIR_UK View Post
          Gregg,
          Appreciate the feedback, however I’m still very much on the steep learning curve.
          Take a look at the photography of Mike Griffiths,HWZ1,Jpro747 and Stifflord (Along with links in the signature)
          The clarity, focusing and picture presentation is “outstanding” to say the least.
          Thanks and will do. It would seem we're both on the same curve, a sine wave where i'm at the bottom and you're up towards the top.
          gregg
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Martinair MPH62 (PH-MCU) - Aguadilla to STN - at 400knots/35000ft yesterday (data from fr24):

Comment

• United Airlines N798UA (UAL982) Washington-Kuwait FL370 0920z 19FEB13

N798UA (UAL982) EXMOR-SAM FL370 0923Z 19FEB13.JPG

Canon EOS550D + 100-400mm

Comment

• Originally posted by HWZ1 View Post
                Just basic cropping - not much though as the sensor size wont allow for anything radical like you can get away with on a DSLR.
                Photo's taken in RAW so sharpened and enhanced in Adobe Lightroom - basically the same as I would do with a shot taken on the bigger 550d.
                I must admit the results have surprised me. I bought camera as a "take around" for just general shots but thought I would see what the 1200mm end of the lens was like for the contrail stuff.
                Ok thanks for the reply.
                Since your posting, I have researched the camera in more detail,placed an order for Canon SX50 HS and took delivery today.
                Will post some images very soon.This I hope will be ideal for when I don't need to use the 2 x Tele Vue (Barlow Type Lens) in conjunction with the 1200mm Skywacher reflector telescope I use.
                The image stabilisation aspect of the camera should really help.

Comment

• GTI606 N850GT B748 FL320 LUX- HSV

Ian

Comment

• United AL N642UA (UAL972) Chicago-Brussels FL370 21FEB13

N642UA (B767) United AL UAL972 Chicago-Brussels FL370 21FEB13.jpg

Comment

• N194UA (B744) United AL UAL1886 (Chicago-Hahn) FL350 21FEB13
                      (Route details from www.flightaware.com)

N194UA (B744) United AL UAL1886 Chicago-Hahn FL350 21FEB13.jpg

Comment

• hoi mike

if you want info on those c17 or other mil ac try this http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/ go to public area there you have the london mil tab and the reach europe tab.
                        you can find most of the info there on these flights
                        regards ric

Comment

• Originally posted by ric loek View Post
                          hoi mike

if you want info on those c17 or other mil ac try this http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/ go to public area there you have the london mil tab and the reach europe tab.
                          you can find most of the info there on these flights
                          regards ric

Thanks ric - looks like a very useful tool!

Comment

• VIR2(G-VBIG) - Newark to LHR - at 415knots/35000ft this morning (data from fr24):

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Griffiths View Post
                              Canon 400/5.6 and 500D
                              What filter you using ?
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                                What filter you using ?

No filters - just jpegs plus photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                                X