No announcement yet.

Aircraft contrails........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA21 (9V-SGB) - Newark to Changi - at 495knots/35000ft on 8/11/12 (data from fr24):

Comment

• A6-ECV Emirates Boeing 777 IAH-DXB 33000ft by Hawkwindzoo - Steve Walsh, on Flickr

Comment

• Interesting comment from Jpro747 (James) with respect to contrails developing at 25,000ft.
        Departing traffic from LHR heading east, usually flyover without producing a contrail.
        The picture I took last month was at approx 26,000 ft.
        Presumably now that we have moved into colder conditions, contrails may well start at lower altitudes.
        Emirates 777- LHR - Dubia

Comment

• ca.15-20km

11.11./14:40 BA143
          G-CIVL British Airways (Oneworld livery) B747-436 LHR - DEL
          Altitude: 35000 ft (10668 m)

1600 px
          AirplanePictures
          Facebook

Equipment: SkyWatcher 10" / TeleVue 2x Powermate / Pentax K-5IIs

Comment

• I have created a facebook page for contrails if anyone would like to post such beautiful photos.
            Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Its done for the love of it. I am shooting on a Canon 600D normally on a 70-300 lens.
            Many thanks
            Kev

Comment

• QTR052 (A7-BAL) - Washington to Doha - at 510knots/33000ft on 11/11/12 (data from fr24):

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2012-11-13, 15:55.

Comment

• These images are stunning. Absolutely stunning
                Nothing else I can say really.

Comment

• You boys with your telescopes able to snap them as they pass have me weeping from the sidelines with my mere 200mm lens. I have a 900mm reflector (chinese branded thing) but no ring adaptor that appears would be compatible.

Also, I cringe at what the people would say at a FB group I recently found, Bunch of New Zealand 'chemtrail' fans. I keep resisting the urge post the link to here to freak them all out lol
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• P003353.jpg

What's unusual about this contrail pic ?
                    The Sun is shining up from the bottom right, casting a shadow on the UNDERSIDE of the clouds !

Taken early morning (6:30am ish) near Mt Beauty, Kiewa Valley, NE Victoria (Australia)
                    No zoom lens, & cheap digital 3mp camera.

Regards, Greg.
                    Last edited by GregHudson; 2012-11-13, 22:38.
                    GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
                    HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

• P003354.jpg
                      Here's another contrail I snapped... Our own Lunar mission ? ;-)
                      Appears to be a Virgin flight at approx 35,000ft.
                      Taken near Mt Beauty, Kiewa Valley, NE Victoria (circa 2007)
                      Regards, Greg.
                      Last edited by GregHudson; 2012-11-13, 08:25.
                      GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
                      HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

• QTR084 (A7-BAC) - JFK to Doha - at 500knots/33000ft on 11/11/12 (data from fr24):

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2012-11-13, 15:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          You boys with your telescopes able to snap them as they pass have me weeping from the sidelines with my mere 200mm lens. I have a 900mm reflector (chinese branded thing) but no ring adaptor that appears would be compatible.

Also, I cringe at what the people would say at a FB group I recently found, Bunch of New Zealand 'chemtrail' fans. I keep resisting the urge post the link to here to freak them all out lol
                          The reflector telescope method when used with a x 2 Barlow lens for example produces huge magnifications and perhaps provides a cheaper solution when compared to buying an image stabilising lens type setup.
                          However, it’s no easy task to produce a perfect image that’s for sure. There are many factors that need to be taken into consideration.
                          Now that we have moved into the winter months, atmospheric conditions will be greatly improved.
                          Looking back at some of the images on this thread, some are quite spectacular to say the least.

Comment

• IF THAT ISN`T A NEAR MISS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. BRILLIANT PHOTOGRAPHY YET AGAIN. GOING GREEN AS I TYPE

Comment

Working...
                            X