Legal status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal status

Is this website really legal? Cant terrorists use this?

anyway, cool website!

What piece of information can terrorist use from this site that they cannot get otherwise?

Comment

I don't see what they could do with the information either, they'll only see the location of the aircraft.

You can also see where you are from your airplane today, if it has IFE, overhead TV's and so on.
      The only one who never makes mistakes is the one who never does anything - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Well.. i think its a pretty efficient way to identify air-planes from the ground. If you want to target an air-plane from a specific airline or with a specific destination, then this is one way to get that information.

Comment

What missiles can reach FL380 ?
          Owner of the ENZV-radar

Comment

Originally posted by Globbe View Post
            Well.. i think its a pretty efficient way to identify air-planes from the ground. If you want to target an air-plane from a specific airline or with a specific destination, then this is one way to get that information.
            Too many James Bond movies, he?
            The most important piece of information (for potential terrorists) in order to shoot down the passenger aircraft would be the time of arrival at the destination airport.. These are the altitudes which can be easily reached with a Stinger-like missiles. And this kind of information is easily available all around, isn't it? I met a lot of "Polizei" cars in the woods surrounding Frankfurt airport during my spotting sessions so I guess they consider such possibility...
            The only fear for Flightradar24.com is some kind of crazy airline management who wants to hide some facts about their business which can be possibly revealed here. Or some kind of crazy European Union regulations. Sweden is pretty freedom-full country so the risk of silencing Flightradar24.co is rather remote possibility. Hopefully...

Comment

Working...
            X