Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I see 3D or cockpit view on an iMac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I see 3D or cockpit view on an iMac?

I have the Android version which is superb. I particularly like the 3D view and so thought it would look much better on my iMac.

So I shelled out for the Premium service. To be honest, I see very little benefit in paying the extra. Certainly I cannot find anywhere near the functionality that the Android version has. No 3D that I can see.

So I then thought 'maybe it is in the Mac App' and bought that. Boy, do I wish I had saved my money. That App us so lacking in functionality.

My question is this...how can I see 3D (is that the same as Cockpit View?) on my iMac. Is there a setting that I need to change somewhere - although I've looked hard and Googled until my fingers have bled.

TIA

116 views and no suggestions?

Is this function there on the Mac platform or PC only ?

Comment

This may give you a clue:-
      http://www.networkworld.com/article/...earth-api.html

Comment

But that is talking about the future. 3D works very well on my Android phone.

Comment

are you using the 64bit version of google chrome? if so see this:-
          http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...th-plugin.html

3D view works fine in Safari and Firefox, however as I previously point out, but not for long.

Comment

Many thanks for the suggestion but I am using Safari 7.1.8 on OSX 10.9.5.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place for the 3D view? Any clues?

Comment

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by 3D/Cockpit view.

3D.jpgcockpit.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by slammer99uk View Post
                Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by 3D/Cockpit view.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6356[/ATTACH]
                My apologies, slammer, for the delay in replying. You've hit the nail on the head and so my thanks for that. I'd not even got off the starting grid and your two images showed me where I was going wrong. Having now got further along, thanks to you, the comments that others have made earlier in the thread no make sense!

Comment

You're welcome, but bear in mind that the Google Earth API is going away towards the end of this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X