Plane red..but i never chose it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane red..but i never chose it

Hi, This morning watching Radarwatch I noticed a plane which was 'Red' in the radar, and I noticed from it's trails that it was doing circles over the Irish Sea etc.

The plane was Edinburgh BA8703, on it's way to London City Airport.

On London City website it simply says the plane was diverted.

Does anyone have any further info what happened to the plane to cause the divert?

And is it normal in the website to colour planes 'RED' when something like this happens?

Thanks

When a plane puts out an emergency signal it goes to squawk 7700 and the plane is indicated thus by turning red. If you have a premium account you can set alerts that will inform you when this happens.

Comment

Trajet - thanks for the info, so the info came automatic after pilot turned on alert.
      Im learning more about this brilliant app everyday, could you tell me if there is somewhere here on the site I can use to set more alerts up. I was just lucky to have spotted the above plane this morning, as I usually listen to radio traffic as well as watching. If I was to setup an alert, would I automatically be taken to the alert or is it just listening out for the sound alert?
      Thanks again for any info, I really appreciate it. Raluca
      Last edited by Berceniyorks; 2015-06-17, 16:00.

Comment

Working...
      X