Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go to another city temporally with my receiver, need a new radar code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to another city temporally with my receiver, need a new radar code?

Hello~

I have a ADS-B receiver and have got a radar code according to my nearby airport.
    I will stay in another city for about a month, and I have decided to bring my receiver with me.
    The question is :
    Before I start feeding in that city(nearby airport changed), shall I tell fr24 to get a new radar code?

Thanks!

============ Update =========

I've got an answer from the FR24 team, anyone who has similar question may see #7 for details.
    Last edited by zea; 2015-01-21, 01:15. Reason: Update solution

zea,

I think as a general rule to your question the answer is yes, you do need to contact FR24, if not for a new code but then for them to adjust the settings to ignore data that may come from your receiver that looks to be 'out of normal range'. Moreso if you are relocating to a new location a very long distance from your usual base. If I can find the support link I'll post it as soon as I can. I think this is it; support@fr24.com
    I think I'll leave it at that for now and advise that one of the more tech savvy guys or Mike/admin might assist you with this issue.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-20, 06:23.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thank you, fungus!

I've just wrote to the support@fr24.com and I will wait for their reply.

Comment

Originally posted by zea View Post
        Thank you, fungus!

I've just wrote to the support@fr24.com and I will wait for their reply.
        Great. That may take a little time as FR24 is worldwide and they do get a lot of queries so you may need to be patient.

Gregg
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Just to be clear about previous answers to support response time. Support email is monitored more or less 24/7 for emergency issues. Tickets are classified based on type of issue. Feeder support is high priority, "feature suggestion" is very low priority. Based on load support time is normally 1-5 working days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Just to be clear about previous answers to support response time. Support email is monitored more or less 24/7 for emergency issues. Tickets are classified based on type of issue. Feeder support is high priority, "feature suggestion" is very low priority. Based on load support time is normally 1-5 working days.
            There are ten days before my departure, I guest that will be enough.
            Thank you, Mike!

Comment

Hi, everyone, I've got the staff reply:

There are two ways here.
              1. You tell me your new coordinates and I will update them and when you get back, we have to change them again.
              2. You can sign up with a different email address at the new location and you will receive another sharing key which you can use.
              Depends on how u want it to be.

Signing up with a different account seems like a better solution.
              Thank all your guys here!

Comment

Working...
              X