Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

errors in live tracks displayed on screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• errors in live tracks displayed on screen?

Hi,

Apologies if this is covered in FAQ etc (I couldn't find anything on the subject) but why does f24 display tracks like the one attached? i.e. the drawn part of the track bears no relation to where the aircraft icon actually was a few seconds earlier?

This seems to happen all the time when an aircraft is turning.

Thanks

bad_f24_track.jpg

sorry to *bump*

can't believe no one has an answer to this one??

Comment

Originally posted by jackreacher View Post
      sorry to *bump*

can't believe no one has an answer to this one??
      Looks to be the semi-predicted data between actual data packets which are every few seconds based on the previous speed/direction before being corrected by actual data.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Looks to be the semi-predicted data between actual data packets which are every few seconds based on the previous speed/direction before being corrected by actual data.
        Ok, thanks. That makes sense I guess. Although that implies flightradar24 doesn't report every adsb position message (ie two each second). Presumably due to processing or data storage limitations?

And I also noticed playback of historic flights is really poor in terms of resolution. (ie. Very large gaps between consecutive position points). Does anyone know if this improves with the premium account?

Comment

There's too many sending multiple data of the same source etc. So there are procedures in place to confirm validity of data location, most recent, and most accurate etc before being displayed. So a few seconds behind actual by the time its bundled, sent to server, received, been verified etc and then displayed. All while being overlapped with different/newer data from other sites

Playback tends to use larger gaps of time (they aren't 1x speed from the get go are they?) Which is likely by design, else there would be soooo much data to be held onto. Easier to have every 50kms covered instead
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Playback tends to use larger gaps of time (they aren't 1x speed from the get go are they?) Which is likely by design, else there would be soooo much data to be held onto.

Can Admin (or anyone) confirm how much data is stripped from historic flights, and whether the resolution of historic data in the paid version of flightradar24 gets any better?

And could an explanation be possibly added to the FAQ explaining why historic flight tracks have larger gaps between successive points compared to the live tracks?

thanks

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jackreacher View Post
              Hi,

Apologies if this is covered in FAQ etc (I couldn't find anything on the subject) but why does f24 display tracks like the one attached? i.e. the drawn part of the track bears no relation to where the aircraft icon actually was a few seconds earlier?

This seems to happen all the time when an aircraft is turning.

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5161[/ATTACH]
              Yeah, It is amusing to watch over London. It is actually fairly predictable once you get used to it, but nearly always corrects fairly quickly. If you can see the aircraft there is a slight delay in real time of a few seconds compared to what the aircraft actually is doing.

Comment

Working...
              X