Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft runway overshoots

Hi All
    I have noticed recently when watching aircraft landing at any airport that they are overshooting the runway by a considerable amount and the the plane appears to freeze. Some times the plane does not freeze and will eventually reappear as landed half way down the runway. Is this normal or is there a developing problem.
    I am using Chrome & FR Premium. It appears to be the same when I am monitoring different radars or even my own.
    Any ideas

Jerry

If you have 'animate aircraft' on, this estimates FUTURE speed/direction of aircraft each time it receives a current location/speed packet every 6 or so seconds.

As they are slowing down on landing, the estimations and amount of data received at low level can be slightly inconsistent you may see an over-shoot. You will see the raw locations if to turn animate aircraft off.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

People using Dump1090 need to update to the latest version. Earlier versions stopped reporting positions and speeds when the aircraft was on the ground (user Harrie45 came up with the patch, Malcolm Rob incorporated it into his version on github). This will help the animation software get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        People using Dump1090 need to update to the latest version. Earlier versions stopped reporting positions and speeds when the aircraft was on the ground (user Harrie45 came up with the patch, Malcolm Rob incorporated it into his version on github). This will help the animation software get it right.
        Hi All
        Thanks for the help, I switched off ANIMATION and all is now working.
        Regards
        Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X