PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Up until about 6 months ago we had two receivers in the DVO area but they have since went dark. The receiver at F-RPWE1 Butuan can track aircraft traversing the east side of the mountain range to where picture ends about 30 miles north of DVO.

Coverage in all of Mindanao is spotting due to the flooding and landslides. Perhaps if we can get a reprieve from the heavy rain we can do some cleanup and get some stations tracking again.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Thnx for the update,John, on my tour on Samal Island, I recognized one antenna mast, using the same Mode-s antenna we are using, are we exclusively using this antenna?...

I tried to install the virtual radar you are using, but unfortunately, I can't set-up the range map and can't broadcast my data to the internet, I can only access the page locally..
    vir.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by anaktee View Post
      Thnx for the update,John, on my tour on Samal Island, I recognized one antenna mast, using the same Mode-s antenna we are using, are we exclusively using this antenna?...

I tried to install the virtual radar you are using, but unfortunately, I can't set-up the range map and can't broadcast my data to the internet, I can only access the page locally..
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8322[/ATTACH]
      I restarted the server that has the VRS Help files that may give you some tips.

I am not sure what antennas PlaneFinder and FlightAware are using currently. PlaneFinder has used a white antenna similar to the one used by FR24 but smaller in diameter. Rangewise, all are similar in pattern and distance.

If your IP changes when ever you restart your modem you are on a dynamic IP. Globe and PLDT will rent you a static IP which will allow you to run the VRS server putting your flight tracking on the internet. I use a static IP here and have setup static IPs at Springdale and CITE schools in Cebu. They share their data with me and visa versa.

Look at the screenshots and note the notes I have added.

If I can help send me an email....it is in the help files.

Oh I also wanted to compliment your coverage filling in where F-RPUB1 Lingayan Gulf and F-RPUT1 Tuguegarao overlap.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

Comment

• Just sharing...

US Military aircraft flyby on my range, unfortunately can't track its exact location,

Does FR24 filter this aircraft on its site?

mil2.jpgmili.jpgmil3.JPG

Comment

• Hello F-RPL1

Agyaman nak apo,
          Are they still around, I can't see them po.

Mike
          F-RPUT1

Comment

• Originally posted by spotugue View Post
            Hello F-RPL1

Agyaman nak apo,
            Are they still around, I can't see them po.

Mike
            F-RPUT1
            Dios ti agngina...
            For now they are now out of my range... Use VRS to detect them, refer to Sir John(F-RPVD1) for the tutorial..
            I think FR24 apps and website dont plot them in the map...

Comment

• Troubleshooting Your FR24 Receiver Before Sending It Back for Replacement

Living here in the Philippines strange things can happen which can disable the receiver.

Heavy rain can migrate into the coax and after a period of time will cause the aluminum braid to deteriorate surrounding the center conductor. If moisture over a period of time changes the aluminum braid to a white powder the link between the antenna to the receiver stops tracking planes. You may notice before this happens that your maximum coverage range decreases and decreases. This is more of an issue with antennas that have an N-Connector. Improper or not sealing this connector to the antenna is the main culprit.

Check the LEDs on the receiver. There should be 3 on the front of the receiver and 1 in the back next to where the ethernet cable connects to the receiver.

If none of the LEDs are lit there is a power problem. Check the outlet power availability with a lamp or power tool. If there is power at the outlet, the AC power adapter has gone bad. Get a 5 volt 2 amp power adapter locally for less than P400. The connector on the end of the power adapter might need to be changed to match the plugin on the receiver. If so, cut the end off of the defective adapter and the end off of the replacement and splice the old plug onto the new adapter. The wires are color coded so just match the old with the new. Red to Red etc.

If the three LEDs on the front of the receiver are lit but the LED next to the ethernet connector is not lit, there is a break in the ethernet cable between the receiver and the modem. Mice do play when the cable is run through the attic. When the cable is ok, the LED and the receiver LEDs are lit. If you find a nick or cut in the cable, it can be spliced but since it is aluminum conductors twisting the ends of the broken wire together and taping is the only option. Rats at my house like the Green wire.

My receiver has gone through 3 power adapters this year. It is a mystery why after almost 2 years it starts to eat power adapters unless it has something to do with our unstable on-off-on brownouts.

If all else fails, support@FR24.com will send you instructions on how to ship it back and get your shipping expense refunded.

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete
              Last edited by paradiselost; 2017-04-26, 02:58.

Comment

Living here in the Philippines strange things can happen which can disable the receiver.

Heavy rain can migrate into the coax and after a period of time will cause the aluminum braid to deteriorate surrounding the center conductor. If moisture over a period of time changes the aluminum braid to a white powder the link between the antenna to the receiver stops tracking planes. You may notice before this happens that your maximum coverage range decreases and decreases. This is more of an issue with antennas that have an N-Connector. Improper or not sealing this connector to the antenna is the main culprit.

Check the LEDs on the receiver. There should be 3 on the front of the receiver and 1 in the back next to where the ethernet cable connects to the receiver.

If none of the LEDs are lit there is a power problem. Check the outlet power availability with a lamp or power tool. If there is power at the outlet, the AC power adapter has gone bad. Get a 5 volt 2 amp power adapter locally for less than P400. The connector on the end of the power adapter might need to be changed to match the plugin on the receiver. If so, cut the end off of the defective adapter and the end off of the replacement and splice the old plug onto the new adapter. The wires are color coded so just match the old with the new. Red to Red etc.

If the three LEDs on the front of the receiver are lit but the LED next to the ethernet connector is not lit, there is a break in the ethernet cable between the receiver and the modem. Mice do play when the cable is run through the attic. When the cable is ok, the LED and the receiver LEDs are lit. If you find a nick or cut in the cable, it can be spliced but since it is aluminum conductors twisting the ends of the broken wire together and taping is the only option. Rats at my house like the Green wire.

My receiver has gone through 3 power adapters this year. It is a mystery why after almost 2 years it starts to eat power adapters unless it has something to do with our unstable on-off-on brownouts.

If all else fails, support@FR24.com will send you instructions on how to ship it back and get your shipping expense refunded.

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete
                That's why the Tourism Board slogan for Philippines is:

" Its more fun in The Philippines ".
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice,

I was granted a replacement of my receiver, hope to be online soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• May 19, 2017
                    01:33

Hong Kong - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong
                    May 19, 2017
                    07:05

Manila - Philippines, The Arrived at DHL facility in Manila - Philippines, The
                    May 19, 2017
                    07:48

Manila - Philippines, The Clearance processing complete at Manila - Philippines, The
                    May 19, 2017
                    08:07

Manila - Philippines, The Forwarded for delivery

It generally takes a few days for it to finally reach you after it says Forwarded for delivery. DHL generally uses Cebu Pacific from Manila and if you have a DHL office in Laoag City, they will actually do the delivery. If you call them and give them the tracking number they will keep an eye out for it. If you need them to deliver to your office instead of your house they will do that also.

When you put it online you will in most cases see that your radar designation ends in a different number. F-RPL1 will be F-RPL2. If you have a filter set for F-RPL1 so you can see your own flights change that filter to your new designation.

Up on your end of Luzon, F-RPUT2 and RPUS1 and RPUB1 have been filling in while your receiver has been offline. F-RPUT2 is around Tugueruegarao with a replacement receiver, F-RPUS1 and F-RPUB1 are on the Lingayen Gulf. The 4 of you make MLAT possible up in your area.

Probably from Wednesday on we will be looking for your designation.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete

Comment

• Philippine Mindanao Siege Live

Monday morning about 4 am an aircraft was spotted circling the area where the Maute Group is dugin. The ownership of the aircraft is undetermined in as much as the U.S. CIA has provided aircraft in years past in tracking down and neutralizing rebels.

The success of the Mindanao Martial Law will impact the spread to the rest of the Visayas.

paradiselost
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete

Comment

• Philippine Mindanao Siege Live Part 2

The B350 aircraft that was orbiting the Maute bunch at 4 am this morning also orbited Iligan City perhaps chasing the remnants.

The origin of the flight at Lapu-Lapu ended about 8 am when it returned to base.

paradiselost
                        F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete
                        Last edited by paradiselost; 2017-05-29, 00:20.

Comment

• Philippine Mindanao Siege Live Part 3

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                          The B350 aircraft that was orbiting the Maute bunch at 4 am this morning also orbited Iligan City perhaps chasing the remnants.

The origin of the flight at Lapu-Lapu ended about 8 am when it returned to base.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8697[/ATTACH]

paradiselost
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          Tuesday morning the aircraft out of Lapu-Lapu is circling Marawi City and Iligan City chasing the Maute bunch. I hope our FR24 feeder stays safe. Pic 5 am, Tuesday

paradiselost
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          Last edited by paradiselost; 2017-05-29, 22:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaktee View Post

I was granted a replacement of my receiver, hope to be online soon...
                            It has been over a week and we haven't seen the replacement online yet.

paradiselost
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete

Comment

• Hi,

I'am already online,
                              Check RPLI2
                              Sorry, didn't update earlier....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has been over a week and we haven't seen the replacement online yet.

paradiselost
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete
                                F-RPLI2 is online and working!

paradiselost
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete

Comment

Working...
                                X