Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward too.

Comment

Any news on these bugs?

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
      Another issue: The RTL1090 feeder software also listed aircraft without position feed (S-transponder, no squitter) and this data was passed on to Virual Radar Server with Reg., Squark allitude etc., but now I don't see them listet anymore. Also Squark Code is not shown in VRS for any aircraft, so I wonder if it is in the feed at all.

Comment

Hi, i'm using the OSX version and it seems to work fine. But I don't see my radar being reported with any plane. With the windows version I see it quite regularly. When looking at my premium page I'm reported online though... Any ideas?

Comment

Today I tested rpi_beta_05 version. I noticed that it has the same problem (bug) as the dump1090 version. It does not update the speed and heading when the plane has landed. This gives strange results with the extrapolation algorithm. (planes shooting of the airport; planes moving backwards, etc)
          In dump1090 I did a bugfix for that that works pretty well:

In net_io.c I changed lines 373-375. (MalcolmRobb fork of dump1090)

Was:

// Field 13 and 14 are the ground Speed and Heading (if we have them)
          if (mm->bFlags & MODES_ACFLAGS_NSEWSPD_VALID) {p += sprintf(p, ",%d,%d", mm->velocity, mm->heading);}
          else {p += sprintf(p, ",,");}

Changed to:

// Field 13 and 14 are the ground Speed and Heading (if we have them)
          if (mm->bFlags & MODES_ACFLAGS_NSEWSPD_VALID)
          {
          p += sprintf(p, ",%d,%d", mm->velocity, mm->heading);
          }
          else
          {
          if (mm->bFlags & MODES_ACFLAGS_SPEED_VALID)
          {
          p += sprintf(p, ",%d", mm->velocity);
          }
          else
          {
          p += sprintf(p, ",");
          }
          if (mm->bFlags & MODES_ACFLAGS_HEADING_VALID)
          {
          p += sprintf(p, ",%d", mm->heading);
          }
          else
          {
          p += sprintf(p, ",");
          }
          }

Hope you will implement that soon.
          (Me too, I miss the webserver output of dump1090)

Comment

Hello,
            the raspberry version works on beaglebone too.
            but the cpu load is very high, over 90 %.
            I#m also missing the webserver output

Comment

Originally posted by Harrie45 View Post
              Today I tested rpi_beta_05 version. I noticed that it has the same problem (bug) as the dump1090 version.
              Sorry, I was wrong. It is in the MSG 4 format.

Comment

Did I miss the memo or is the Windows beta release still from May 28th? As much as I'd like to contribute, until I can select a specific RTL stick of those connected to the computer I'm stuck on the sidelines...

Comment

I'm using this just now with no excessive CPU / RAM consumption in W7 (x64) - great client. Is it possible to port this into ADSBScope - I've had a slight attempt but to no avail.
                  Last edited by alzamann; 2014-08-11, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by alzamann View Post
                    I'm using this just now with no excessive CPU / RAM consumption in W7 (x64) - great client. Is it possible to port this into ADSBScope - I've had a slight attempt but to no avail.
                    I had it up and working as a little test with ADSBScope. Just set RAW Data Client to Port 30002 , 127.0.0.1 , data format normal.

Last week i bought an USB Hub for my PI so i switched back from Windows to PI, but generally the new beta client worked very well in Windows 7 64 Bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahoodi View Post
                      I had it up and working as a little test with ADSBScope. Just set RAW Data Client to Port 30002 , 127.0.0.1 , data format normal.

Last week i bought an USB Hub for my PI so i switched back from Windows to PI, but generally the new beta client worked very well in Windows 7 64 Bit.
                      Excellent. I got it working using that method - that's about the only method i didn't try. Many thanks my friend :-)

Comment

What am I missing here? I downloaded and have been using the beta 5 software. I keep seeing references to updated releases but I don't see a link to download them.
                        Where do I find them please?

Comment

Just noticed that beta 7 came out today ... will try it soon on my PI

(link is in the first post of this thread)

Comment

Yes,, it was sort of a silent update as I haven't had time to write more instructions. This version, however, does not change much if anything for DVBT. The goal was to enable support for other receivers.

Comment

Thank you Yahoodi.

Comment

Donīt know if itīs still an issue regarding the high CPU load of the new feeder: When I use Dump1090 and RPI feeder 242, then a significant number of airplanes can be seen on the FR 24 screen (between 5 and 20, depending on time). When I use the new feeder, nothing is shown (maximum were 2 until now). I built the script in a way that I can change between the versions quite quickly so that should not be a problem.
                                T-EDDM 2
                                2 x Raspberry Pi with dump 1090 and Linux Feeder Software

Comment

Working...
                                X