Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramimz View Post
    Hi.
    I download beta 7 version, but that what i get.

am i missing something ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4785[/ATTACH]
    It needs a default set of instructions (the .ini file), which the first time its run is MEANT to ask you for input and be generated by a local webpage - I had a similar issue and had to run it on a different PC to get the server/config page to start properly and open the webpage

It then asks for sharing key, and type of receiver etc. You save that config then the next time it is run, it will start.

You could try on a different PC for a start, but the file looks like this:

receiver="beast" (this differs for other devices)
    fr24key="sharekeygoeshere"
    host="localhost"
    path="COM4"
    bs="no" (if to output 30003 or not)
    raw="yes" (if raw beast format)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

This software requires direct connection to your receiver, that is USB in case of Mode-S Beast. It will not work with a stream decoded by another application.

Comment

Unfortunately it's not working for me, on initial run it opens a browser page, but the only thing it contains is
        Code:
        NOT FOUND :>

Comment

Thank you Oblivian.
          i try it on a different computer, and it's work.

Loplo, mine look like this.

receiver="dvbt"
          fr24key="Enter your share key"
          host="localhost:30334"
          bs="yes"
          raw="yes"

so if you are using a dvb-t dungle, you can use my file.
          you just need to extract and edit it with your share key.

fr24feed.zip

Comment

Thanks!
            Next question, is there a way to connect the feeder to the windows version of dump1090?

Comment

Finally decided to have a go and test beta 7 with the Bullion receiver on my raspberry pi.

First of all, to have this working, I needed to change the config file after it was automatically generated using the config page on http://localhost:8754.
              The receiver type has to be "avr-tcp" instead of "avrtcp".

When I had that figured out, I had to use modesmixer2 to remove the timestamp from the raw avr frames before fr4feed beta 7 was able to decode them.

After that I was able to feed FR24 normally and CPU usage is nominal.

But since then I have no more stats showing up on my feeder stats page.
              Any insight ?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                This software requires direct connection to your receiver, that is USB in case of Mode-S Beast. It will not work with a stream decoded by another application.
                How to connect 1090 Puck?
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

No one has this receiver? Piopawlu, are there any plans to use this receiver with sw?

Comment

Early next week the new Windows and Linux software will be published live. We will then close this thread and start new feeder threads.

Comment

• Hi Mike

is there info for my question?

Comment

• @Amper,

Mike didn't develop the software that this thread is for, so he probably does not have an answer for you.
                        T-CYSJ1 || VirtualRadar

Comment

• Originally posted by sgu222e View Post
                          @Amper,

Mike didn't develop the software that this thread is for, so he probably does not have an answer for you.
                          Mike didn't develop any software and still has some answers. At least he can ask developer (piopawlu). I don't see your point.
                          Should I ask on radarplotter forum question about fr24 feeder sw?

Comment

• Hi,

I'm going to place my RPi in an remote location. Is there any way to run the fr24feed automatically after reboot?

Kanok
                            T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
                            T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

• You can run the software up as a service (from /etc/init.d/), or run it from a cron job scheduled using @reboot.

Comment

• Hi, the link to the OSX fr24feed is broken. Please fix asap as I lost my local copy. I cannot upload anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X