Gliders over UK T-FLRM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gliders over UK T-FLRM1

As I type (1525Z) (Sun 13/04) there are a number of gliders showing north of Newbury in the UK

The feeder is shown as T-FLRM1 and are all around circa 3000ft

To me its impossible for a ZAMBIA feeder to show these gliders, and where exactly is T-FLRM1?

I presume a glitch in the system?

Maybe he went on holiday to the UK and brought his receiver with him?

Comment

It is not a "Zambia" feeder, but FLARM feeder showing gliders and other light aircraft equipped with FLARM in some areas of Europe like France, Sweden, UK etc.

I've now renamed the feed to T-FLARM1

Comment

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
        It is not a "Zambia" feeder, but FLARM feeder showing gliders and other light aircraft equipped with FLARM in some areas of Europe like France, Sweden, UK etc.

Uhm, there a lot of gliders over The Netherlands as well (some with ADS-B-GPS).
        I wonder if they use this FLARM here? And if so, anything i can do to display them?

Edit:
        I have a specialized 35cm band downconverter (which has an IF output to around 100 MHz), which i then connect to my Microtelecom FM+.
        I have seen signals on these frequencies.

"The FLARM system uses a data communication frequency in the free Non-Specific Short Range Device (SRD), sub band f, between 868.0 – 868.6 MHz and with an ERP power of less than 10 mW (duty cycle 1%).
        This band is ruled for European applications in the documents ERC/REC 70-03 annex 1(f) and ERC/DEC/(01)04."
        Last edited by Jarod; 2014-04-14, 11:33.

Comment

It is not a "Zambia" feeder, but FLARM feeder showing gliders and other light aircraft equipped with FLARM in some areas of Europe like France, Sweden, UK etc.I've now renamed the feed to T-FLARM1
          They are also over France, Swizerland, Austria and Germany.

But how are they technically fed into FR24 since FLARM is using a different frequency and is not part of the normal ADS-B reception equippment, in fact FLARM has nothing to do with ADS-B ..
          Can someone from FR24 bring some light into this

Comment

Thanks for the update, thought I was "seeing things"

Comment

So, now a Facebook post.... okay.... How can we help with FLARM equipped aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                So, now a Facebook post.... okay.... How can we help with FLARM equipped aircraft?
                Have a look at

This is an open source project that uses a network of receivers (basically raspberry pi's and similar with sdr dongles) to feed the data to a number of places including FR24 (much like the kit many T feeders use)
                I have just put an e-mail into them for more info and may well build my own feeder.
                (I see a new section starting on the forum if this gets popular!)
                Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2014-04-30, 19:13.
                FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

You can look for other information about the FLarm data from the guys hosting the receivers.

The FLarm data from this server being uploading to FR24.

Some other Gliders / FLARM links on this thread.
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Are these the FLARM signals?

Comment

It is possible, FLARM uses 868.2 and 868.4 switching at predefined time according to GPS time source.

Comment

Been seeings these "At Night?" lately. Weird alt and weird time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                          http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-05...DDD57B/375ccea

Been seeings these "At Night?" lately. Weird alt and weird time.
                          If you look you will see that this is stationary, it is just a glider that has left his FLARM transponder switched on while he is on the ground, (gliders are not permitted to fly at night here in the UK).
                          As they are very low power some pilots don't always turn them off, I see this at weird times at Lasham airfield too.
                          Ben.

Nb the hight changes are just GPS errors, the FLARM transponders use GPS and while the position is normally good the hight can jump around quite a lot.
                          Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2014-06-01, 06:01.
                          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-09...484EF6/444702d just dropped off the map.
                            My reception is great: http://x264.nl/dump/868.000mhz-2014-09-07-flarm.jpg
                            Still no tools for Windows available?

Comment

I am a glider pilot, was interested in a FLARM feeder for my location, can you guide me thruough

Comment

Working...
                              X