This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Again,

I found a disturbing comment, it doesn't puzzle together as there wasn't enough fuel to get to the destination he mentioned but god knows.

But anyway I'll post it, this is after the news came out about the Maldives Islanders witnessing a plane flying low looking similar to MH370 at 6.15am local time on March 8.

4 hours ago
    The plane is in Somalia. The Pilot was killed shortly after takeoff and the co-pilot and one other on board hijacked the plane. The co-pilot shut everything down 2 minutes after signing off air traffic control in Malaysia. The plane then turned over Malaysia and then headed to Somalia. It was planned all along. The Maldives are close to the borders of Somalia.
    The governments probably already know. If you read all of the news it can be pieced together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flybywire View Post
      The Thai air force is now saying they tracked a plane after MH370 disappeared, but it wasn't judged a threat to Thai security as it was in Malaysian airspace.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

A newspaper report also claims Thai air force only just handed over the radar information because Malaysia hadn't specifically asked them for it.
      And they have just now discovered that the flight has disappeared and, as a result, the information might be useful.

Comment

• Can someone please help educate me on the following:

What info could have been/was received on the inmarsat pings (the ones that countinued for 5 hours + the last one at ~08:00) that positively identified that they were from MH370? Airframe identifier?

Could there be any reasonable doubts on the validity of these pings?

Thanks! And thanks for the earlier post on explaining in laymen terms (comparison with cellphone) how transponder, ACAR and Inmarsat work!

Comment

• Originally posted by delta View Post
          From the moment the tracking system was turned off and turned around ( maybe some failure or something much more serious happen e.g if pilots failed to put oxygen masks on and lost conscience ) is it possible that the plane may have been going in a straight line on auto pilot and kept going until it run out of fuel?
          Based on how much fuel the plane had, is it possible to work out a possible path and an estimate location towards the time when the fuel would have run out?
          This is the scenario that the Australians are working on. If you wish see where it would have ended up look at the area they are searching to the south and west of Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
            Almost certainly.

It's a short flight from the point where the plane lost VHF and transponder contact to many points in Indonesia. The only possible way that the plane could have remained aloft until the last satcom contact would be for it to have more fuel on board than anyone is admitting to. So unless someone at the Kuala Lampur FBO comes forward to lend credence to that theory, the best answer is that the plane landed. Since battery power is limited, the plane would have to have landed at a time when it had enough fuel remaining to run the engines or APU to provide power to the satcom radio and ACARS unit, or have landed at a place with either more fuel or ground power.
            If you want to see the endurance the aircraft had with the fuel loaded then see where the Australians are searching - to the south and west of Australian.

Comment

• Originally posted by zed View Post
              I sort of agree with you. It just seems too out there for the plane to have been hijacked. A fire is a possibility and would explain away things such as the transponder & ACARS going offline, but it still leaves a lot of questions.. why did the plane change direction multiple times, how was it able to climb, then drop, then level off, then climb again. Why did it not head back to KL? How was it possible that a fire was able to disable all the crew & pax yet the plane was still fit to fly for another 8 hours?
              The climb and drop apparently came from a source in the PRC and was reported in the NYT. It has, like the plane itself, disappeared without trace and the NYT is reporting that the turn was smoothly executed using the FMS. And, you guessed it, this proves foul play!

Comment

• Originally posted by longpig_yum View Post
                Yes. This explanation is far more probable than any of the hijack / bad pilots scenarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackflash View Post
                  From the article "However, his theory has been discredited by other aviation experts who said that even in a situation like that there were ways to get a distress signal out."

Also, Langkawi is just over 230 nautical miles from where MH370 disappeared from radar, the better option would be Sultan Mahmud Airport, 97 nautical miles from where they disappeared.
                  Aviate, navigate, communicate. For instance Air France 447 sent no distress signal. In fact in the case of most crashes there is no distress call.

The reason for this is obvious. If a plane at 35,000 feet is in serious trouble the crew is fully occupied managing the problem. Any time spent sending a distress signal to people on the ground is wasted time. What are they going to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
                    Aviate, navigate, communicate. For instance Air France 447 sent no distress signal. In fact in the case of most crashes there is no distress call.

The reason for this is obvious. If a plane at 35,000 feet is in serious trouble the crew is fully occupied managing the problem. Any time spent sending a distress signal to people on the ground is wasted time. What are they going to do?

So search and rescue teams can save valuable time and effort in looking cluelessly everywhere for them (like what all the nations are doing now)? Just a thought.
                    Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-19, 04:32.

Comment

• Regarding the "Maldives witnesses".... wouldn't the Maldivien, Indian, Sri Lankan and/or Diego Garcian radars have picked up MH370 if it indeed flew past Maldives? Maldives is a popular tourist area with lots of seaplane traffic so I presume their radars / systems would be able to catch low altitude flights? (also assuming that although the Maldivien airport was at non-business hours that their systems may be still on and recording).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                        maybe plan was hijack plane, fly to remote island and make demands but plane ran out of fuel just before getting to destination, wish tomnod.com let us choose where to look, if sightings over maldives are correct we should be allowed to look around say closest 500miles to those islands ...do you hear me tomnod.com ? we must be shown a rough idea of where were searching otherwise we feel we may be searching in totally wrong area.

did man in maldives say where on maldives he was and what direction plane was going ??? this article states island he was on http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-co...medium=twitter
                        Love your tenacity Cambridge! I say that with total sincerity. Think we all would be out there searching if we could, saving as many lives as we could. If I'm ever lost out there somewhere, I want you up front leading that search team!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
                          Regarding the "Maldives witnesses".... wouldn't the Maldivien, Indian, Sri Lankan and/or Diego Garcian radars have picked up MH370 if it indeed flew past Maldives? Maldives is a popular tourist area with lots of seaplane traffic so I presume their radars / systems would be able to catch low altitude flights? (also assuming that although the Maldivien airport was at non-business hours that their systems may be still on and recording).

Also, doesn't (I really do not know) the US Navy (or presumably other nations as well) have a fleet regularly patrolling that area with their military radars on 24/7?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                            maybe plan was hijack plane, fly to remote island and make demands but plane ran out of fuel just before getting to destination, wish tomnod.com let us choose where to look, if sightings over maldives are correct we should be allowed to look around say closest 500miles to those islands ...do you hear me tomnod.com ? we must be shown a rough idea of where were searching otherwise we feel we may be searching in totally wrong area.

did man in maldives say where on maldives he was and what direction plane was going ??? this article states island he was on http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-co...medium=twitter
                            I can't see a well executed hijacking failing because of something noobish like running out of fuel..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
                              Regarding the "Maldives witnesses".... wouldn't the Maldivien, Indian, Sri Lankan and/or Diego Garcian radars have picked up MH370 if it indeed flew past Maldives? Maldives is a popular tourist area with lots of seaplane traffic so I presume their radars / systems would be able to catch low altitude flights? (also assuming that although the Maldivien airport was at non-business hours that their systems may be still on and recording).
                              Very interesting, if you draw a line from where MH370 disappeared through the navigation point Vampi and continue in a straight line it does go over the island of Kuda Huvadhu which is where these witnesses were. I'm thinking they initiated a turn intending to go back to Malaysia but something happened and the plane settled on that coarse and continued until it ran out of fuel

Comment

• Originally posted by Angie33 View Post

4 hours ago
                                The plane is in Somalia. The Pilot was killed shortly after takeoff and the co-pilot and one other on board hijacked the plane. The co-pilot shut everything down 2 minutes after signing off air traffic control in Malaysia. The plane then turned over Malaysia and then headed to Somalia. It was planned all along. The Maldives are close to the borders of Somalia.
                                The governments probably already know. If you read all of the news it can be pieced together.

Where did you get this very interesting news from ?

Or is it the usual hot air fart ?
                                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                                X