Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm hearing you cambridge, see my post in the tomnod discussion thread.

Comment

• BREAKING: Flight ‪#‎MH370‬ has been "lost" and there are no survivors. http://bbc.in/1fTuEQa

The Prime Minister of Malaysia has said new analysis of satellite information indicated that flight MH370 ended in the Indian Ocean and it's likely that all aboard have died.

This is the text of an SMS sent to relatives before today's unscheduled press conference..

Malaysia Prime Minister: Flight MH370 Ended In The Indian Ocean

RIP.

---------

I just can't and don't believe this. What is the purpose of life? Where is the savior? Seems like everything in this world is filled with lies and deception. I still hope those pieces are not from the missing plane and from ship cargo in that region
      Though we all were anticipating such news, with little hope - when it is declared, it is really a BLOW.
      I just can't and don't believe this. What is the purpose of life? Where is the savior? Seems like everything in this world is filled with lies and deception. I still hope those pieces are not from the missing plane and from ship cargo in that region
      dunno how they ruled out ditching of the aircraft in water at the end by the pilot, with people getting on life boats and being marooned in some small island in the region....it's highly unlikely, but wondering what data they had to rule it out.

My heart weeps for their grieving families.

To all who are dead

RIP.
      Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-24, 15:27.

Comment

• Families told missing plane lost

Missing plane has been "lost" and there are no survivors, Malaysia Airlines text message to families says

Malaysia's PM announces hope is over for missing flight MH370, after new satellite analysis shows it went down in the southern Indian Ocean.

---
        Good point. Electrical fire releasing toxic fumes but no flames, perhaps? One of those important details experts will have to clarify.

Pity the systems were manually switched off isn't it.
        Ah so all the days before this it wasn't "lost", they knew where it was and just weren't telling anyone...

They might manually switch off electrical systems to stop an electrical fire, although why they had to do so without a radio mayday is hard to explain. As the plane continued flying for hours, then any fire must have gone out.

I think the evidence suggests the plane was flying itself before it eventually ran out of fuel. A hijack could still have been the start, with them instructing the pilots to switch off the communication systems and not calling for help under duress.
        The flight up to 45000 feet could have been made to temporarily incapacitate the hijackers but incapacitated everyone leaving the plane to fly itself.

So far all the scenarios seem quite plausible on one or two points, but are ruled out by another. None make complete sense. Which doesn't explain why there was no mayday... And why the plane was deliberately turned from land. No phone calls from people's mobiles when they were in range. The plane phones were not used. My father, who can literally take a boeing to bits and put it back together says it's impossible to be anything but foul play.
        Systems were manually disabled that pilots are not normally aware of and engineers don't fly with these planes. The pilot actually reported everything was OK *whilst* systems were being switched off.

For all those days it was an unknown lost, they didn't know where it was but it was unknown if they would find that it was missing or if it would turn up at some unknown time and place.

Now it is a known lost, they still don't know where it is, but now know they will know where it got lost, at which point point they will know where it is but it will be unknown how it got there, an unknown found as it were.

With all these complexities you can see why some would choose to invade somewhere rather than thinking it through further.The Malaysian government wants to end with the pressure from the media and families.
        And still: why the hell fly the thing all the way to somewhere between Nowhere and Australia before committing some sort of complicated mass suicide?

dunno how they ruled out ditching of the aircraft in water at the end by the pilot, with people getting on life boats and being marooned in some small island in the region....it's highly unlikely, but wondering what data they had to rule it out.

The official news can be declared and the compensations can be given only after the black box is found and decoded.

Kanishka Crash victims' kins suffered more due to the bad treatment for compensation by Air India than the real death of their relatives.

If the plan was just to crash it somewhere in the sea, then why wait four hours instead of just doing it?
        Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-24, 15:53.

Comment

• I hope the authorities release a follow-up on HMAS Success' search for the latest "one circular grey or green object and a rectangular orange object" as identified by Australian search planes yesterday.

Comment

• This flight has taught us many useful lessons, and I am not an expertise but as a very common layman, with my common sense, I would had definitely suggested the following things,…

In this modern technology age when a little store is occupied with 2-3 CCTV cameras in his store and sidewalk and parking lot, why not having CCTV cameras running compulsory in each plane, just like you are visiting any super market. Plane is not a private venue to do any private activities anyway, and if camera locations remain hidden, it will solve many many problems. The downstairs control panel be viewing and monitoring each activity in plane’s each compartment and also the cockpit.

There should be an International aviation Board like UN who would have their own 10-20 satellites which will be doing only this work, of ping monitoring each flight more frequently.

Instead of spending that much amounts by all nations in such searching activity, money be spend towards an international Monetary financed, a very large large platform ship, ( like ISS ) which can have facility to accommodate parking for at least 20-40 choppers and small planes flights from that ship’s base. And whenever these kind of problem happens this platform based Hugh ship will take all nation’s choppers on it, in the search area, from where the choppers will take off and will take parallel close surface scanning, in diff. grid zones allotted to them.

Every plane should be facilitated with say,…3-5 CVR and Black boxes, so that you can search any of them and need not to rely on only one, finding it.

There should be a facility of audio - video talk from the ATC directly to the passenger compartment, which can monitor all passengers’ malfunctioning / behavior / sabotage or any suspicious and doubtful activities, which can also direct the cockpit before hand to shut the cockpit door before hand, before any suspicious open sabotage activity takes place.

In other words,.. just like this video, if CCTV cameras track each activity downstairs at Control tower, of entire plane,….. all the answers about what happened would be right there.
            From the 1977 movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". An Indianapolis bound jet has an encounter with an extra bright UFO.Just the beginning of a very st...

-----------

Comment

• A very sad end to this, although not entirely unexpected, given that no-one picked anything up in a more populated area.

I agree, it's doubly sad the world didn't pull together sooner on this. It's possible organisations (military or commercial) did have information recorded that they simply hadn't searched all the way through quickly, and only found the information recently. But you would like to think that in the case of such an emergency, people might have been able to set aside national differences and commercial considerations to solve this sooner.

If they're convinced everyone on board died, I can only assume this is because the last recorded position was at altitude, as opposed to low enough to ditch in the sea with survivors.

Comment

• Originally posted by voyager10 View Post
                This flight has taught us many useful lessons, and I am not an expertise but as a very common layman, with my common sense, I would had definitely suggested the following things,…

In this modern technology age when a little store is occupied with 2-3 CCTV cameras in his store and sidewalk and parking lot, why not having CCTV cameras running compulsory in each plane, just like you are visiting any super market. Plane is not a private venue to do any private activities anyway, and if camera locations remain hidden, it will solve many many problems. The downstairs control panel be viewing and monitoring each activity in plane’s each compartment and also the cockpit.

There should be an International aviation Board like UN who would have their own 10-20 satellites which will be doing only this work, of ping monitoring each flight more frequently.

Instead of spending that much amounts by all nations in such searching activity, money be spend towards an international Monetary financed, a very large large platform ship, ( like ISS ) which can have facility to accommodate parking for at least 20-40 choppers and small planes flights from that ship’s base. And whenever these kind of problem happens this platform based Hugh ship will take all nation’s choppers on it, in the search area, from where the choppers will take off and will take parallel close surface scanning, in diff. grid zones allotted to them.

Every plane should be facilitated with say,…3-5 CVR and Black boxes, so that you can search any of them and need not to rely on only one, finding it.

There should be a facility of audio - video talk from the ATC directly to the passenger compartment, which can monitor all passengers’ malfunctioning / behavior / sabotage or any suspicious and doubtful activities, which can also direct the cockpit before hand to shut the cockpit door before hand, before any suspicious open sabotage activity takes place.

In other words,.. just like this video, if CCTV cameras track each activity downstairs at Control tower, of entire plane,….. all the answers about what happened would be right there.
                From the 1977 movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". An Indianapolis bound jet has an encounter with an extra bright UFO.Just the beginning of a very st...

-----------
                Cost would be prohibitive. However

* a simple GPS based Satellite tracker would be feasible with little additional infrastructure and affordable cost to the airlines. The planes approximate location would have been known - very restricted search required. Put it where it cannot be turned off in flight - on a part that usually survives crashes and that floats.

* if they had a decent runway on the French Antarctic Territory, and fuel dump in the middle of this huge empty ocean - the search would be easier (there are similar islands in the South Atlantic, at least they have an airport)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian
                  Let's start a new thread. Since it's now marked "FLIGHT ENDED IN THE OCEAN".
                  Malaysia's PM is taking the hundreds of human lives for granted? He should face scrutiny on what he had said to the media. He thinks he can escape public scrutiny by basing on another country's satellite data, because he thinks that advance countries would assume that Malaysia lacks a lot in modern technologies. Let's look back at how the crisis came about - his country's opposition was sentences after the court of appeal found him guilty of 'sodomy'. In the early hour the following morning, the country's airliner was reported missing. For more than 2 weeks the news were being 'fanned' day and night. Amidst the missing plane crisis, the country had to run an election to elect a rep for a constituency of Kajang. The Kajang seat sees a straight fight between the wife of the convicted opposition leader and a govt party candidate. And during the MH370 crisis, the convicted opposition leader was being accused of having good 'affiliation' with the fateful plane crew member. Yes ... during the 2 weeks election campaign, both the govt and the opposition supporters were kept occupied with the news of the fateful plane, hence no opposition supporter would bother to listen to their 'icon' or campaign workers. Now, that the election is over and the opposition had won, the PM comes up with a brief announcement about the fateful plane. This is one of his desperate move to 'cover up' his party's Achilles' heel. But there's more than that. A certain news blog critical of the government comes up with all the possibilities that 'caused' the PM government does his 'political stunt'.
                  Last edited by seat4233; 2014-03-24, 16:19.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak says "with great sadness" data now confirms that the aircraft's last position was in the Indian Ocean south of Perth.

Prime Minister Najib Razak says more information about the search for the plane will be given on Tuesday.

The following SMS message has been sent to relatives: "Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

------------------------

PM Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak's
                    PRESS STATEMENT ON MH370

This evening I was briefed by representatives from the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB). They informed me that Inmarsat, the UK company that provided the satellite data which indicated the northern and southern corridors, has been performing further calculations on the data. Using a type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort, they have been able to shed more light on MH370's flight path.

Based on their new analysis, Inmarsat and the AAIB have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

We will be holding a press conference tomorrow with further details. In the meantime, we wanted to inform you of this new development at the earliest opportunity. We share this information out of a commitment to openness and respect for the families, two principles which have guided this investigation.

Malaysia Airlines have already spoken to the families of the passengers and crew to inform them of this development. For them, the past few weeks have been heartbreaking; I know this news must be harder still. I urge the media to respect their privacy, and to allow them the space they need at this difficult time.

#RememberingMH370

Relatives of passengers from #Flight370 are walking into a Beijing conference hall. Emergency medical workers are on hand.
                    MH370 crashed in the Indian ocean: Malaysian Prime Minister (Times Now)

--------------------------------------

Najib Razak: "It is with deep sadness and regret, that according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

Malaysia's prime minister has announced on the basis of new analysis it must be concluded that missing flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

He said Malaysia Airlines had told the families of the 239 people on board.

Earlier the BBC saw a text message sent to families saying it had to be assumed "beyond reasonable doubt" that the plane was lost and there were no survivors.

Flight MH370 went missing after taking off on 8 March.

The announcement by PM Najib Razak came on the fifth day of an international search effort in the southern Indian Ocean.

Based on new analysis the UK's Air Accidents Investigation Branch and Inmarsat, the UK company that provided satellite data, "have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth," he said.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

--------------------

Comment

• Why would the PM make this announcement now? Have they found substantial evidence which they are not telling the public?

What is this "AAIB/Inmarsat new analysis" that made it supposedly so conclusive?

The only thing I can think of is that they've found (and confirmed) wreckage and bodies!
                      Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-24, 16:20.

Comment

• A big thank you to all those who had risked their lives in search of the missing plane and searching in the Indian Ocean is not an easy task. Saw this video online and pretty much shows the trouble everyone had gone through : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=799376590089862

Basically no words to describe how i'm feeling right now.
                        When the news first broke, we still had our hopes sky high. Each time there was a latest news or speculation, we only hoped that the passengers were safe. From Stolen Passport to possible of the plane being hijacked and the confirmation of the plane went out of its scheduled journey, we still kept our hope intact with our prayers.

All the hopes comes crashing to learn this latest news. No words could console how the family members of the passengers must be feeling. It was really heartwrenching to see all the nations coming forward united to search for the missing plane.

Its a heartwrenching news. 239 passengers left the world when they never even would have possibly thought of something ever like this before.

May god give enough strength to the family members.

RIP to all those on the flight and they shall be in our prayers and memory forever.

Devastating news! May god give strength and power to all these families! Its been such a rough time for them.

It may be inappropriate for me to say, but I still feel there is more to this story than what is being reported. The plane may have crashed, but there's still many unanswered questions.

I haven't been keeping up with the news, but have they even found any kind proof that it crashed? Or they are just presuming that it did?

I don't know how I'm feeling. When I heard this news on the radio this morning I just kept thinking that this is another speculation and it can't be real. But I also remember telling my mother on the weekend that I feel the plane has gone down because it just can't disappear like that. Even though I kept praying that I was wrong somewhere I was down and out thinking of this. Now I feel even worse for thinking the worst and finding out that it's true.

I don't care how it happened or who did it, but it doesn't make a difference now. 239 people will never be able to reach their destination. 239 people will never be able to see their families again. 239 people are gone because of one reason or the other.

Basically this does not ends here. There are many questions to which we are yet to know the answers.

Why did the plane went on an unplanned route?
                        Was the plane hijacked?
                        Why was there no distress signal?
                        How come did it went the Indian Ocean?

All this can only be answered once the Black Box is retrieved. Hopefully the find it soon and find the answers to all the questions.

But here I want to salute and thank all those people who risked their lives, all those people who kept at it for days and days on stretch, all those people who took every finding with a new hope...if they hadn't tried then we may never have found out what happened to the plane and the people.

And this also teaches us something new. It teaches us that in times of need nations can forget everything and come together to help each other and save each other.

RIP to all those on the flight and they and their families will forever be in our prayers.

This is quite disturbing, I am so scared of oceans. This was the last thing I wanted to happen. The ocean is so deep, thinking about that moment when it must have crashed saddens me

I'm feeling terrible!!! May God give strength to the families and may the victims RIP
                        A big round of applause to all the ppl who risked their life searching for the plane, esp in the Indian Ocean which is a huge monster!

I hope Malaysia govt wont end its search here, nd give a reason for the sudden disappearance off its radars, an explanation to why the plane did a U turn; and eventually find the black box!

how can they just make assumptions about such a grave matter. they assume that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean. Assume??? I think the families of those on board deserve concrete evidence rather than rely on assumption. it tells us and them that the government don't care anymore. it's the least they can do. investigate what went wrong, something just doesn't seem right. the plane went down miles off its intended route in the opposite direction.

I feel very sad right now. my heart goes out to all those who lost their loved ones who were on board. I still wish that all this is not true and all those people are safe somewhere just waiting to be rescued.
                        a big thank you to all those who searched valiantly.
                        may all the beautiful souls on board MH370 rest in peace.

Somewhere, all of us were hoping and expecting that they should be alive, if not safe. It's just so sad, this news. RIP to all the people who died while on board. God give peace to their families and friends.

That ocean!Omg its like a monster..the glimpse of such huge waves made me scared..
                        Kudos to all those involved in the search operation..they did a great job..but still i hope they manage to give some evidence too..

May God give the families the strength to bear the loss...

---------------------

Comment

• It definitely does not add up & this is more certain now than before.
                          Last edited by Angie33; 2014-03-24, 16:38.

Comment

• Human Rights movements all around the globe should bring this Malaysia's PM Najib and all his men to a UN body for further scrutiny. He and his men should not escape MH370 tragedy which is very controversial!

Comment

• As to the souls that perished....R.I.P.

We all owe an enormous Thank You to the engineers at INMARSAT without whose path breaking work, search teams would still be searching the Gulf of Thailand.

Courtesy of BBC (prior link in old forum):

"According to Inmarsat, this involved a totally new way of modelling, which was why it took time.

The company told the BBC the new calculation involved crunching far more data, which included what other aircraft were doing at the time.

Inmarsat gave the AAIB the new data on Sunday, it said, which had to be checked before it could be made public."

Comment

Working...
                              X